Windows 10: Windows Defender does not work in safe mode

Discus and support Windows Defender does not work in safe mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows Defender does not work in safe modeIs it normal?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Anianta, Nov 14, 2023.

1. Anianta Win User

Windows Defender does not work in safe mode

Windows Defender does not work in safe modeIs it normal?

:)

Anianta, Nov 14, 2023

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 14, 2023
  3. Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Nov 14, 2023
  4. Windows Defender does not work in safe mode

Windows Defender automatically disabled

Hi Ahmad,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the Windows Defender works.

Method 1:

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select
      Safe mode and then press Enter.

Step 2: Try to
    run the Windows Defender in safe mode

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type Windows Defender.
    • Right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
    • It may prompts you to enter the password.

Method 2: If the issue still persists, place the computer in normal mode and check for the Windows Defender services.

Step 1: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Once you are in normal mode, I suggest you to check for the
    Windows Defender services.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type services.msc and press
      Enter
    • Search for Windows Defender, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic.
    • Do the same for Windows Defender Network Inspection Service.
    • Now check if you are able to access Windows Defender.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 14, 2023
Thema:

Windows Defender does not work in safe mode

1. Windows Defender does not work in safe mode - Similar Threads - Defender does safe

2. Windows Defender does not work in safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender does not work in safe mode: Windows Defender does not work in safe modeIs it normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-does-not-work-in-safe-mode/0e321b17-c13c-4cda-8c0e-21f757a595ad
  3. Windows Defender does not work in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender does not work in safe mode: Windows Defender does not work in safe modeIs it normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-does-not-work-in-safe-mode/0e321b17-c13c-4cda-8c0e-21f757a595ad
  4. Windows Safe Mode Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Safe Mode Not Working: Hello all,I recently had a friend help build a gaming PC for myself: Ryzen 9 5900 CPU and Radeon 6800xt GPU. Everything was working fine until last night when I was playing World of Warcraft. Windows encountered an error and had to restart but when it did I got the white...
  5. Windows Safe Mode Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Safe Mode Not Working: Hello all,I recently had a friend help build a gaming PC for myself: Ryzen 9 5900 CPU and Radeon 6800xt GPU. Everything was working fine until last night when I was playing World of Warcraft. Windows encountered an error and had to restart but when it did I got the white...
  6. Windows Defender does not function in Safe Mode

Windows Defender does not function in Safe Mode: Hi All, first time in this forum. Windows Defender informed me I had PUA:win32/ibryteinstaller. I removed it, though it had apparently been there for a while. My question is, is ibryteinstaller just a PUA or is it actually malware. In any case I did a reset PC and set up a...
  7. Safe Mode Windows Defender Blocked.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe Mode Windows Defender Blocked.: I had previously installed a virus which i now removed however it blocked off the Windows Defender when accessing safe mode is there a way to fix this? submitted by /u/Masonington2 [link] [comments]...
  8. Safe Mode and Defender

Safe Mode and Defender: Just wondering if Microsoft plans to give Defender the ability to scan in safe mode. Why have they not done this yet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/safe-mode-and-defender/2e53e988-ef7a-4369-b363-0cd235858c6e
  9. Keyboard does not work in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard does not work in safe mode.: So I just built a brand new gaming pc, and there was a black screen on the monitor because I didn't plug it into the graphics card and instead on the IO shield. I decided to turn the pc onto safe mode but then I realized I plugged the hdmi into the wrong place. I fixed the...
  10. Windows defender offline scan does not work in safe mode

Windows defender offline scan does not work in safe mode: Recently began having reccuring freezing issues with my pc so tried to boot in safe mode to rule out any software issues and run offline windows defender scan in case of malware. clicking ‘scan now’ once offline scan is selected opens a prompt saying ‘save your work... will...