Windows 10: Windows Defender doesn’t work

Discus and support Windows Defender doesn’t work in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I tried to restart my pc but it doesn't work I tried to restart the service but still not working even I tried the rageedit way... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NeoSenpai, Apr 17, 2020.

1. NeoSenpai Win User

Windows Defender doesn’t work

I tried to restart my pc but it doesn't work I tried to restart the service but still not working even I tried the rageedit way

Windows Defender doesn’t work c212e1c6-a410-443c-a843-5a15c385bdb6?upload=true.png Windows Defender doesn’t work 2cde071e-5596-43c1-a1cc-704091812943?upload=true.png Windows Defender doesn’t work 93d5af9a-5d48-4d1a-8fda-d238a30d7dda?upload=true.png

***Modified title from: Help me Window defender doesn't work***

:)

NeoSenpai, Apr 17, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows Defender doesn’t work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 17, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Windows Defender doesn’t work [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Defender doesn’t work - Similar Threads - Defender doesn’t

2. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?: I checked my Windows Defender logs in Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender > Operational, and saw something I haven't really seen before, the event said;"Old Value: N/A\SpyNet\LastMAPSFailureTimeString=""New Value:...
  3. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?: I checked my Windows Defender logs in Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender > Operational, and saw something I haven't really seen before, the event said;"Old Value: N/A\SpyNet\LastMAPSFailureTimeString=""New Value:...
  4. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...: Hello,When trying to secure my computer, I found an article suggesting to install the Windows security baseline found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55319Now, this is one of the worst things anyone can do to their personal computer. Most of the...
  6. Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...

Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...: Hello,When trying to secure my computer, I found an article suggesting to install the Windows security baseline found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55319Now, this is one of the worst things anyone can do to their personal computer. Most of the...
  7. i cant open my windows defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant open my windows defender?: i tried all the troubleshooting options provided by co-pilot but its not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-my-windows-defender/ce650198-1717-4355-9542-36ec41f7d390
  8. i cant open my windows defender?

i cant open my windows defender?: i tried all the troubleshooting options provided by co-pilot but its not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-my-windows-defender/ce650198-1717-4355-9542-36ec41f7d390
  9. Microsoft really doesn’t want you to disable Windows 10 Defender

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft really doesn’t want you to disable Windows 10 Defender: Windows Defender, also known as Microsoft Defender Antivirus is a built-in anti-malware solution on Windows 10. It is designed to protect your computer and connected devices from unwanted attacks, ransomware attempts, viruses, and many other forms of malicious rootkits used...
  10. Windows 10 defender doesn’t work after the latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 defender doesn’t work after the latest update: Hi I just updated my windows 10 and I got a notification that the windows defender is off and when I go to Windows Security and Virus & threat protection to turn it on it says “Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again.” Does anyone else have the same...