Windows 10: Windows Defender email asking for renewal scam

Discus and support Windows Defender email asking for renewal scam in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Got following email and called #, but based on conversation quickly determined this was a scam. Was told that MS had stopped support for Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bearhunter72, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Windows Defender email asking for renewal scam

Got following email and called #, but based on conversation quickly determined this was a scam. Was told that MS had stopped support for Windows Defender and I could not find any reference to Windows Defender anywhere in Windows system programs. Please confirm that this is not an issue and that this is probably a scam.

Purchase id : 55667EDR6766TH0

Dear Customer,

We Thank You on the completion of your 1 year

Windows Defender protection plan with 24/7 technical support.

We have charged you $350 for the 12 months of subscription from your account.

We tried to contact you on your registered Phone number for Queries but could not get through.

Deduction of the amount will appear on your account within 24 hours.

if you have any Question or Wish to cancel the Renewal

please contact us on +1 800-567-4258 within 2 working days.

Thank You

Finance Team

Helpline number +1 800-567-4258

Windows Defender Team

1303,West jefferson Boulevard,suite 200

Los Angeles,CA,USA 90094

:)

Bearhunter72, Dec 1, 2020
  2. Lyons#1 Win User

Scam Email re Auto renewal

I received this email today 9/10/2020-

IS THIS A SCAM EMAIL???

Hi,

Your subscription for Windows Defender has been successfully renewed and updated.

PRODUCT INFORMATION:

Product Name : Windows Defender Firewall

Order Date : September-10-2020

Expiration Date : 1 Year from the date of purchase

Price : $399.99

Payment Method :Auto-Renewal

If you feel this is an unauthorized transaction, please contact our billing department as soon as possible.

You can reach us on +1(854,203,2295)

Regards,

Ronn Sully

Thank you,

DLyons

Lyons#1, Dec 1, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    Google Email Scam?

Scam, 100%. It's the classic "renew your details" scam.

qubit, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Windows Defender email asking for renewal scam

Window Defender Scam

I received a scam email concerning Windows Defender Protection this morning which I did not call phone number listed. Just wanted to advise you of this email.

monroejohnson, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender email asking for renewal scam

1. Windows Defender email asking for renewal scam - Similar Threads - Defender email asking

2. Windows defender subscription renewal scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender subscription renewal scam: I unfortunately called the number saying that my windows defender is being renewed and I will be charged for $399. I stupidly give access to my PC and bank account on my laptop. I turne it off when I realized it is a scams. Called my bank and blocked my account. How safe is...
  3. Windows defender subscription renewal scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender subscription renewal scam: I unfortunately called the number saying that my windows defender is being renewed and I will be charged for $399. I stupidly give access to my PC and bank account on my laptop. I turne it off when I realized it is a scams. Called my bank and blocked my account. How safe is...
  4. Windows defender subscription renewal scam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is Windows Defender Renewal Email a Scam and Fake?

Is Windows Defender Renewal Email a Scam and Fake?: I received an email thanking me for "renewal of services" for Microsoft Defender Protection. It states that I will be charged $399 for a year subscription. Is there a charge for Defender? I DID NOT order this. Is it a scam???It states: "...to cancel subscription please...
  6. Windows Defender subscription renewal scam

Windows Defender subscription renewal scam: I stupidly called the number on the email stating that my Windows Defender subscription was renewed and $399.00 would be charged. And to add insult to injury, I followed their every request to open a website where they had control of my laptop and even had me login to my...
  7. windows defender scam. Auto renewal.

windows defender scam. Auto renewal.: How do I stop this or remove anything on my laptop to prevent this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-scam-auto-renewal/820760a5-071f-465e-b8f1-ee8ec63b6522
  8. Windows Defenders renewal scam

Windows Defenders renewal scam: I received an E-mail yesterday from someone claiming to me from Microsoft telling me I was going to be charged my bank account $299.99 for an annual , automatic renewal fee for myMicrosoft Windows Defender program , to protect my computer. When I called the number...
  9. Windows defender scam costing 200.00 to renew

Windows defender scam costing 200.00 to renew: I received an email minutes ago telling me I was being charged $200 to renew Windows Defender...and I had to call a given number to dispute the charge - which I did, having no memory of ordering it. The Indian guy on the other end wanted to take me through along process...
  10. Regarding a Defender firewall auto renewal email - Is it a scam?

Regarding a Defender firewall auto renewal email - Is it a scam?: Hello , I received the following email on August 13th 2020 from Microsoft team and I wanted to know whether its a genuine email from microsoft or not. I really need help as I am touch with these people and I did what they said. Please reply and help me out asap and also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows Defender renewal email

2. windows defender email charge scam