Windows 10: Windows Defender Error message/Not working

Discus and support Windows Defender Error message/Not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a X in my defender icon when I put my mouse over it it says "Action needed" If I check for protection updates or try to run a quick scan I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Chris the only 1, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Windows Defender Error message/Not working

I have a X in my defender icon when I put my mouse over it it says "Action needed" If I check for protection updates or try to run a quick scan I receive a message

" Page not available

Your It administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information."

Definitely need help with this one I am a bit computer illiterate.

Thanks Chris

:)

Chris the only 1, Oct 31, 2018
  2. Mussels Win User

the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Oct 31, 2018
  4. KieX Win User

Windows Defender Error message/Not working

Error: No work available to process

Hmm. Either it's put out errors and WCG is limiting the work units available, or the project list may not be set to supply other WU when one runs out. (if the problem lies here and not on your end)

On the options to your left, if you go into Results Status, select the computer from Device Name and then look through results see if either they were returned late, errors or any other kind of issue that would stop the servers supplying WU from that perspective.

If there are no errors then it's maybe down to your project list. So selecting Device Manager from the left menu and then clicking on the profile assigned to that computer and make sure that it's assigned to receive WU for other projects if they run out.

At least those steps will rule out problems from the WCG end.

Thema:

Windows Defender Error message/Not working

1. Windows Defender Error message/Not working - Similar Threads - Defender Error message

2. Windows Defender error message...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender error message...: When I run a scan there's only a error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-error-message/c01d0ef6-4674-4a92-824f-ee438670c46a
  3. Windows Defender error message...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender error message...: When I run a scan there's only a error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-error-message/c01d0ef6-4674-4a92-824f-ee438670c46a
  4. message from Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    message from Windows Defender: Message come up on another computer from "Windows Defender Security Center" saying access to this pc has been blocked for security reasons. Is this legit? Is the phone # to call 855 582-0632 a legit #?...
  5. message from Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    message from Windows Defender: Message come up on another computer from "Windows Defender Security Center" saying access to this pc has been blocked for security reasons. Is this legit? Is the phone # to call 855 582-0632 a legit #?...
  6. Message from Windows Defender

Message from Windows Defender: I received an email today saying it was from Microsoft Accounts regarding a Windows Defender order and invoicing me for $385.99. It says they are charging my credit card for this amount for a 1 year subscription. I have no knowledge of purchasing this product. Of course, it...
  7. windows defender error message

windows defender error message: im trying to start Windows Defender, the update & history is grayed out, which means i can't click on it. I hit start now, and got a error message,,,it said THE SERVICE COULDN'T BE STARTED, THE SERVICE DIDN'T RESPOND TO START OR CONTROL REQUEST IN A TIMELY FASHION,,,,error...
  8. Windows Defender Secuuity error message

Windows Defender Secuuity error message: I had installed Serugard Security by accident and when I uninstalled the application, Windows 10 said it had finished uninstalling. When I went to Windows Defender Security and Antivirus the antivirus section says "You're using other antivirus providers". I went and looked in...
  9. Message from Windows Defender

Message from Windows Defender: How can I verify that a message received is really from defender? [Original Title: defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/message-from-windows-defender/02537c2d-41d6-485e-a281-86da03d13f3e
  10. Empty Windows defender security and error startup messages

Empty Windows defender security and error startup messages: Hello, I wanted to enable the periodic scanning feature in Windows defender for double securitysince i already McAfee installed but it's completely empty, like the image below [IMG] so I try to enable Windows Defender in "services" screen, but showing the error...