Windows 10: Windows Defender Error message when clicking Exploit Protection settings

Discus and support Windows Defender Error message when clicking Exploit Protection settings in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, An error message appears when I click the Exploit Protection settings inside the App & Browser Control section in Windows Defender. The error... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by George Smyrlis, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Windows Defender Error message when clicking Exploit Protection settings

Hello,

An error message appears when I click the Exploit Protection settings inside the App & Browser Control section in Windows Defender.

The error message is: "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again"

The Virus and threat protection settings are being configured through SCCM and Endpoint Protection policy.

There no Exploit Guard policy configured inside SCCM.

I have already performed all the steps described inside this article but with no luck.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows/808253bb-db89-4db9-a4e5-1c91a86489e9

Thank you,

George

:)

George Smyrlis, Jul 12, 2019

2. Exploit Protection Settings

Open Windows Defender Security Center and click on
    App & browser control
    and there find Exploit protection settings
    and you could change settings for Exploit protection from there.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Exploit Protection Settings

The Exploit Protection settings are preconfigured; and home users should generally just leave them alone:

The Use default configuration for each of the mitigation settings indicates our recommendation for a base level of protection for everyday usage for home users. Enterprise deployments should consider the protection required for
    their individual needs and may need to modify configuration away from the defaults.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...er-exploit-guard/customize-exploit-protection

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...xploit-guard/exploit-protection-exploit-guard

The preconfigured applications have been optimized by Microsoft – and adding customizations for other apps requires both a rationale and an understanding of the potential consequences, since haphazardly changing the default settings for an app can
    easily render it dysfunctional.

It’s ironic that these application mitigations are exposed in the Windows Defender Security Center interface, while the safe and simple Windows Defender configuration options are only available via the PowerShell Set-MpPreference command line:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/defender/set-mppreference?view=win10-ps

The Set-MpPreference cmdlet now also includes the parameters for Attack Surface Reduction and Block at First Sight:

Windows Defender Detection rate

GreginMich, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Windows Defender Error message when clicking Exploit Protection settings

Windows Defender Exploit Protection problem

@roy111, the screenshots in Brink's tutorial show all the Exploit protection settings in English, that should help you navigate the "Italian" ones...
    Change Windows Defender Exploit Protection Settings in Windows 10

This lists all the settings and describes what each one does.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...oit-protection

Thema:

Windows Defender Error message when clicking Exploit Protection settings

1. Windows Defender Error message when clicking Exploit Protection settings - Similar Threads - Defender Error message

2. exploit protection settings and smartscreen off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    exploit protection settings and smartscreen off: Hello,Today i checked my windows security and it said that almost every expoit protection setting was off, while i did not turn them off. It also says that smartscreeen is disabled and i cant turn it back on and it says that its managed by my administrator.Does anyone know...
  3. Exploit Protect/System Settings

Exploit Protect/System Settings: Hey there!I just have a simple question to ask, nothing too technical.I was just wondering for the sake of knowledge and education,what is the difference between, "Use default On" vs "On by default" in the exploit protection settings?If you can explain, can you do so in...
  4. Windows Security Exploit Protection settings

Windows Security Exploit Protection settings: Dear all In Windows Security > App- and browser control > Exploit Protection > Program settings There is a list of .exe files and you can add more prorgrams 1. What are those .exe files on the list? What does this list do? 2. Under some of the .exe files, it says "1 detention...
  5. exploit protection prgram settings

exploit protection prgram settings: what would the default for exploit protection prgram settings look like? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/exploit-protection-prgram-settings/e1a72e2b-5556-4831-b4e8-4263db95898a
  6. Exploit protection settings

Exploit protection settings: 1. I do not understand the "System settings" options under EXPLOIT PROTECTION in Windows Defender set up section. What does "Use default on vs. "On by default mean? What is the safest? 2, What is SEHOP? What is "heap integrity" What is "High-entropy ASLR...
  7. Windows Defender Error message when clicking the Exploit Protection settings

Windows Defender Error message when clicking the Exploit Protection settings: Hello, An error message appears when I click the Exploit Protection settings inside the App & Browser Control section in Windows Defender. The error message is: "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again" The Virus and threat protection settings...
  8. Windows Defender Exploit Protection problem

Windows Defender Exploit Protection problem: Hi guys, For some strange reason my System settings tab is not there in my Exploit Protection settings, only Program settings is visible. Any suggestions on what is happening? 106098
  9. Enable or Disable Windows Defender Exploit Protection Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Windows Defender Exploit Protection Settings: How to: Enable or Disable Windows Defender Exploit Protection Settings How to Enable or Disable Windows Defender Exploit Protection Settings in Windows 10 Starting with Windows Security app. Exploit protection is built into Windows 10 to help protect your device...
  10. Change Windows Defender Exploit Protection Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Windows Defender Exploit Protection Settings in Windows 10: How to: Change Windows Defender Exploit Protection Settings in Windows 10 How to Change Windows Defender Exploit Protection Settings in Windows 10 Starting with Windows Defender Security Center. Exploit protection is built into Windows 10 to help protect your device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. exploit protection unexpected error