Windows 10: windows defender error message

Discus and support windows defender error message in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; im trying to start Windows Defender, the update & history is grayed out, which means i can't click on it. I hit start now, and got a error message,,,it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by deborahpayne4, Nov 10, 2020.

1. windows defender error message

im trying to start Windows Defender, the update & history is grayed out, which means i can't click on it. I hit start now, and got a error message,,,it said THE SERVICE COULDN'T BE STARTED, THE SERVICE DIDN'T RESPOND TO START OR CONTROL REQUEST IN A TIMELY FASHION,,,,error 0x8007041d......The question is how do correct,fixed, this error,so i can run /turn on my defender?/?/

:)

deborahpayne4, Nov 10, 2020

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    windows defender

Hi Ronald,

For us to better assist your concern, we would like to know some additional information to isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Cyber_Defend_Team on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

windows defender error message

I can not stop Defender pop up error messages

Hi,

For us to effectively assist you with your Windows Defender pop up error, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you installed any Windows updates prior to this issue?
    • Can you provide the exact error message?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolve the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

windows defender error message

1. windows defender error message - Similar Threads - defender error message

2. defender is gone and error message on starting up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    defender is gone and error message on starting up: i disabled the windows defender to install a gme by defender disabeling tool. after that i found a lot of viruses so deleted the game files an defender was gone. there was no security center in my services and no wscsvc in registery files. i install registery manually and...
  3. Windows Defender error message...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender error message...: When I run a scan there's only a error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-error-message/c01d0ef6-4674-4a92-824f-ee438670c46a
  4. Windows Defender error message...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender error message...: When I run a scan there's only a error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-error-message/c01d0ef6-4674-4a92-824f-ee438670c46a
  5. message from Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    message from Windows Defender: Message come up on another computer from "Windows Defender Security Center" saying access to this pc has been blocked for security reasons. Is this legit? Is the phone # to call 855 582-0632 a legit #?...
  6. message from Windows Defender

message from Windows Defender: Message come up on another computer from "Windows Defender Security Center" saying access to this pc has been blocked for security reasons. Is this legit? Is the phone # to call 855 582-0632 a legit #?...
  7. Message from Windows Defender

Message from Windows Defender: I received an email today saying it was from Microsoft Accounts regarding a Windows Defender order and invoicing me for $385.99. It says they are charging my credit card for this amount for a 1 year subscription. I have no knowledge of purchasing this product. Of course, it...
  8. Windows Defender Secuuity error message

Windows Defender Secuuity error message: I had installed Serugard Security by accident and when I uninstalled the application, Windows 10 said it had finished uninstalling. When I went to Windows Defender Security and Antivirus the antivirus section says "You're using other antivirus providers". I went and looked in...
  9. Empty Windows defender security and error startup messages

Empty Windows defender security and error startup messages: Hello, I wanted to enable the periodic scanning feature in Windows defender for double securitysince i already McAfee installed but it's completely empty, like the image below [IMG] so I try to enable Windows Defender in "services" screen, but showing the error...
  10. Windows Defender Error message/Not working

Windows Defender Error message/Not working: I have a X in my defender icon when I put my mouse over it it says "Action needed" If I check for protection updates or try to run a quick scan I receive a message " Page not available Your It administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you...