Windows 10: Windows defender fast scan on w10 v1903

Discus and support Windows defender fast scan on w10 v1903 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Good day Has anyone noticed that fast scan (or quick scan) isn't fast anymore? From less than two minutes on v1809 it has just gone to over five... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by eLPuSHeR, Aug 1, 2019.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

Windows defender fast scan on w10 v1903

Good day

Has anyone noticed that fast scan (or quick scan) isn't fast anymore?

From less than two minutes on v1809 it has just gone to over five minutes for v1903.

Anyone noticing this?

:)

eLPuSHeR, Aug 1, 2019

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 1, 2019
  3. jsfitz54 Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Aug 1, 2019
  4. avemaria Win User

right click scan in windows defender?

thanks for that.. i didn't notice the tutorial section :x

I did the suggested registry change and it's now listed on the desktop context menu.. but all this does is ask if I want to open it, update, or start a scan... I was hoping for the option where you right click a specific file and it will have listed 'scan with windows defender' like other antivirus programs have.. MSE had it. I'll keep looking around to see if I can find it in the meantime..

avemaria, Aug 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows defender fast scan on w10 v1903 - Similar Threads - defender fast scan

2. Windows Defending scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defending scanning: When it comes to scanning results and scan options, they don't exactly match with what actually has been done.For example, I was scanning a map share last night on my was from Windows 10 over wi-fi connection, the scan took all night, and since it was over map share it was a...
  3. Windows Defender Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Scan: Other than disconnecting, is there a way of excluding an external drive from a Defender full scan? It keeps telling me I have a trojan in one of my x-drives but I don't and I've done a scan with my Kaspersky anti-virus program and it's clean. Thanks....
  4. Defender scans are extremely fast, is this cause for concern?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Defender scans are extremely fast, is this cause for concern?: I have used Windows Defender exclusively for over a year. It scans every day and they take 30 seconds on average. I have an i7/16GB RAM/SSD system and it is barebones (a dozen programs that I use and that's it). I seldom download anything more than the occasional pdf and...
  5. Defender wants fast scan after every restart

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender wants fast scan after every restart: I boot the computer running Windows 10 x64 DE 2004. I am logged with MS account and administrative rights. Defender Engine is 4.18.1909.6 In infobar the defender security icon schows an exclamation mark, it recommends a fast scan. I open defender and proceed the fast...
  6. windows defender scan?

windows defender scan?: hello everyone I am trying to scan but the scan does not start and does not scan[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-scan/d932227a-f161-4867-a89c-b559d1441f0e
  7. W10 Defender - no exclusion but a file IS excluded from scan...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 Defender - no exclusion but a file IS excluded from scan...: Today Defender gave me a false positive of a Trojan virus in a app that I know is clean (as admitted by many people on the internet and I used it many times before and nothing happened). After it gave me the false positive, I brought back the file/app from the quarantine and...
  8. W10 v1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 v1903: I have updated 3 PCs to W10 version 1903. Now in personalisation there are problems with changed or setting colours. Furthermore it is now not possible to change background or text colours in command prompt. Can you help please? DaveJ...
  9. w10 v1903 regressions

in Windows 10 Support
    w10 v1903 regressions: Hello. I am running w10 v1903 [18362.116] and I have noticed that monitor calibration profile get disabled after exitting any fullscreen program (games for instance). I think Microsoft is addressing this issue in an incoming patch (currently tested by insiders). I have also...
  10. windows defender is not scanning

windows defender is not scanning: that shows a notification that group or resource is not in state https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/windows-defender-is-not-scanning/e77931e3-9d2d-402b-9172-11787928475d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why window defender scan fast

2. defender scan in w10

3. malwarebytes defender v1903