Windows 10: Windows Defender feature switched off on its own after boot

Discus and support Windows Defender feature switched off on its own after boot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, I turned my computer on and one of the Windows Defender features - related to SmartScreen specifically - was switched off for some unknown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/paperCLIPS32, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Windows Defender feature switched off on its own after boot

Hey,

I turned my computer on and one of the Windows Defender features - related to SmartScreen specifically - was switched off for some unknown reason. I had to manually switch it back on. I was just wondering if something like that ever happened to you - if it's just a small harmless issue or a symptom of a bigger problem.

submitted by /u/paperCLIPS32
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/paperCLIPS32, Mar 20, 2021

2. "Attestation" A new feature coming to Windows Defender in Windows 10

Tech Republic - Upcoming Windows Defender feature will tell you when security fails
    This seems very promising. Microsoft is in the unique position to know what Windows should look like, even before Windows Update pushes out new changes. As long as MS can properly sync WD with WU changes AND this new features does not make any "noticeable" hit on system performance/resources, all without any false positives, this should be a big step forward for consumer security, and a blow to the bad guys - always a good thing.

Of course, there will likely be some hiccups the Windows/Microsoft/Windows Defender bashers will surely pounce on - regardless how extensive the Beta process is. But hopefully open and unbiased minds will prevail. After all, the goal is to stop the bad guys and if this gets us closer to that, that's a very good thing.

For more detailed information, see Introducing Windows Defender System Guard runtime attestation)

Bill_Bright, Mar 20, 2021
  3. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Mar 20, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows Defender feature switched off on its own after boot

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows Defender feature switched off on its own after boot

1. Windows Defender feature switched off on its own after boot - Similar Threads - Defender feature switched

2. Powering off on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powering off on its own: I have a work computer that is a laptop. That is connected into 2 monitors. My previous work computer had the same setup. However, this one now turns off by itself overnight and I have to get on the laptop to actually start my system again. How can I avoid this? Where do I go...
  3. Powering off on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powering off on its own: I have a work computer that is a laptop. That is connected into 2 monitors. My previous work computer had the same setup. However, this one now turns off by itself overnight and I have to get on the laptop to actually start my system again. How can I avoid this? Where do I go...
  4. Powering off on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. pc turning off on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc turning off on its own: hello my pc turned off on his own ,when i turned it on again crashed again,then i turned it on again but this time i waited for all the startup application to open i turned off blitz"software for a game "and discord and then i try to open the game i played "lol or league of...
  6. User Profile Switched on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Switched on its own: I recently signed on to my Dell All in One PC and noticed that my wallpaper and desktop were no longer what they were before. After more searching I saw that all the user folders Pictures, Documents, etc were all empty as if this were a new account. So i checked the C://Users...
  7. User Profile Switched on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Profile Switched on its own: I recently signed on to my Dell All in One PC and noticed that my wallpaper and desktop were no longer what they were before. After more searching I saw that all the user folders Pictures, Documents, etc were all empty as if this were a new account. So i checked the C://Users...
  8. User Profile Switched on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows 10 booting on its own after updating to 20H1

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 booting on its own after updating to 20H1: Last night I updated a machine with the available 20H1 update (it's a rarely used machine). This morning it suddenly boots up by itself. After shutting it down, it boots up after a few minutes again. Didn't read about that one yet... Any recommendations? Thanks 182847
  10. Is defender enough on its own?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is defender enough on its own?: My ISP recommend installing F-secure (virgin, UK) so I don’t know if they have a filter on the incoming fibre submitted by /u/Equivalent-Panic-262 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lkbh1m/is_defender_enough_on_its_own/