Windows 10: Windows Defender finds everything is a virus :

Discus and support Windows Defender finds everything is a virus : in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After the update to Windows 10, 2004 version, Windows Defender finds everything is a virus. Even some empty folders haha,Amd program and much more... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Peter Angelo, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Windows Defender finds everything is a virus :

After the update to Windows 10, 2004 version, Windows Defender finds everything is a virus.

Even some empty folders haha,Amd program and much more important programs.. so i must delete Windows Defender now,

makes me loosing my time!

:)

Peter Angelo, Sep 4, 2020

2. Windows Defender Not On

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run virus scan to make sure the computer is free from virus.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove virus, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Method 2:

Turn the Defender on. Follow the below steps:

• In search, type Defender.
    • Now make the option ON by moving the slider accordingly.

Method 3: Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Select “Run as Administrator”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Windows Defender realtime scanning will not switch on - it detects another anti-virus product.

Windows Defender realtime scanning will not switch on, and the message suggests there is another anti-virus product present but if there is it does show up in Window 10 UI.

The long story is that I am troubleshooting a problem with application software. The manufacturer suggest removing Bitdefender because there product is incompatible. I thought I would give this a try, if only to element Bitdefender as a cause.

Firstly, I upgraded from Bitdefender 2016 to 2017 to see if that made a difference. The application still failed so I decided to try removal.

• I used the standard uninstall to remove Bitdefender 2017, rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I download the uninstall application for Bitdefender 2017, ran it then rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I checked the file system and all Bitdefender files have been deleted.
    • I check the registry and found a couple of references to Bitdefender Wallet, then deleted these.
    • I rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I reran the uninstall application for Bitdefender 2017 then rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection.
    I can find no traces of Bitdefender so I wonder why Windows Defender detects another anti-virus software. I've check other posts but couldn't find additional steps for uninstalling an anti-virus software. Any suggestions?

Moved from Windows 10

SystemOfTheWorld, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Windows Defender finds everything is a virus :

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender finds everything is a virus :

1. Windows Defender finds everything is a virus : - Similar Threads - Defender finds everything

2. Windows defender keeps on finding a virus every 10 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender keeps on finding a virus every 10 seconds: hello. I need help with a virus. My windows defender keeps on detecting a new threat in like every 10 seconds or so. Turns out that every software .exe file in my PC is now a potential threat according to windows security and all the threats are severe.I tried to clean the...
  3. Will Windows Defender still find restored viruses?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Windows Defender still find restored viruses?: My Windows Defender recently found a virus so I removed it but I think I might've clicked on restored instead. Will Windows Defender still detect that virus once I restore it and scan again? Or is there another way I can make sure I 100% clicked on remove?...
  4. Will Windows Defender still find restored viruses?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Windows Defender still find restored viruses?: My Windows Defender recently found a virus so I removed it but I think I might've clicked on restored instead. Will Windows Defender still detect that virus once I restore it and scan again? Or is there another way I can make sure I 100% clicked on remove?...
  5. Will Windows Defender still find restored viruses?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Windows defender can't find virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender can't find virus: Windows defender can't find virus, and chrasches my computer when scanning for viruses. And it fills C to the brim, And I can't delete files, when it restarts after manually or now frequent chrasches. All files that have been deleted is restored. I can delete files for a...
  7. Windows defender can't find virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender can't find virus: Windows defender can't find virus, and chrasches my computer when scanning for viruses. And it fills C to the brim, And I can't delete files, when it restarts after manually or now frequent chrasches. All files that have been deleted is restored. I can delete files for a...
  8. Windows defender can't find virus

9. Windows Defender says everything I download is a virus

Windows Defender says everything I download is a virus: So, I don't know when this really started but it began in 2020 I think. Whenever I download a file from the internet whether its custom content for my games or images my laptop windows defender scans and automatically says everything is a virus and deletes it. I purchased a...
  10. Defender unable to find and remove virus or malware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defender unable to find and remove virus or malware: Hi, there seems to be an elusive virus on my Wins 10 hard drive even though I have used Defender (updated) to do mini and full scans online and offline. It initially took downloaded software from Brother website, and Kindle app from Amazon website and installed them on a...