Windows 10: Windows Defender firewall advanced settings

Discus and support Windows Defender firewall advanced settings in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello! In Windows Defender firewall advanced settings 1. Is inbound and outbound rules the same as ports? 2. The programs with the green button /... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EmilDK, May 22, 2021.

1. EmilDK Win User

Windows Defender firewall advanced settings

Hello! In Windows Defender firewall advanced settings 1. Is inbound and outbound rules the same as ports? 2. The programs with the green button / activated, are they blocked or allowed by the firewall? Thanks in advance for replying Best regards

:)

EmilDK, May 22, 2021

2. Windows Firewall advanced settings not opening

When I press the "Advanced settings" button on windows firewall a message pops up that says "How do you want to open this .msc file?" I tried opening services.msc to see if it was a firewall problem but that did the same thing. When the message pops up
    I found "Launch Windows app" in the list of apps to open it with and when I click that it says "Class not registered" I looked up how to fix it and I couldn't find a solution. any suggestions?

ckavalchek, May 22, 2021
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    windows defender firewall

Hi Faye,

Third-party antivirus programs usually have their own uninstallers provided by the software developer. We suggest checking the developer's website or contacting their support team for assistance with uninstalling their program. After fully uninstalling the
    third-party antivirus software, you may turn on Windows Defender by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center and press Enter.
    • Click Firewall and network protection.
    • Click Private (discoverable) network and click On.
    • Click Public (non-discoverable) network and click On.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Windows Defender.

Yolvi Ell, May 22, 2021
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Junaid_A, May 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Defender firewall advanced settings - Similar Threads - Defender firewall advanced

2. Windows defender firewall Advance Security Inbound outbound Rules Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender firewall Advance Security Inbound outbound Rules Settings: How to? Windows security setup inbound, outbound for Blocking Mostly Advertisers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-firewall-advance-security-inbound/5eb780cc-610d-421f-bd3f-b7ea49c7fb6b
  3. Windows defender firewall Advance Security Inbound outbound Rules Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender firewall Advance Security Inbound outbound Rules Settings: How to? Windows security setup inbound, outbound for Blocking Mostly Advertisers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-firewall-advance-security-inbound/5eb780cc-610d-421f-bd3f-b7ea49c7fb6b
  4. Windows defender firewall Advance Security Inbound outbound Rules Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Defender Advanced Firewall Policy Audit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Advanced Firewall Policy Audit: Hi Community,I found this post https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e209a8d7-119a-4e5f-819a-f4f323e1777a/auditing-windows-firewall-rules?forum=ITCGand wanted to share an audit script I made. Since it was "archived", I'm posting here. This is designed to make an...
  6. Shortcut Defender Advanced Firewall

Shortcut Defender Advanced Firewall: Hi, How can I create a shortcut for Microsoft Defender Advanced Firewall? I don't know the exact path Thanks 176099
  7. Shortcut Defender Advanced Firewall

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut Defender Advanced Firewall: Hi, How can I create a shortcut for Microsoft Defender Advanced Firewall? I don't know the exact path Thanks 176099
  8. Can't access advanced settings in Windows Defender Firewall.

Can't access advanced settings in Windows Defender Firewall.: This happened after I installed a Windows update. First I couldn't turn on Firewall and I used Malwarebytes Support Tool to fix that. Then I couldn't access the advanced settings or really everything that requires administrator privilege. I have administrator privilege but...
  9. Windows Defender Firewall, advanced settings, filter rules

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Firewall, advanced settings, filter rules: What should the settings be for the filter ? It has a New Rule, It has Filter Profile, There is a Filter State, There is a View and a Refresh ! Then there is an Export list with a Help listing under that ? This is for the Connection Activity Rule Actions . I don,t believe...
  10. Windows Firewall And Advanced Sharing Settings

Windows Firewall And Advanced Sharing Settings: Hello. I'm running the latest Windows 10. At the moment I'm running windows firewall. One of the reasons I'm using windows firewall is because in the advanced sharing settings, network discovery and file and printer sharing is turned off in private, guest and public, and all...