Windows 10: Windows Defender Firewall Affecting my Gameplay on GTA 5

Discus and support Windows Defender Firewall Affecting my Gameplay on GTA 5 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, So about three months ago my family purchased a PC Alienware Aurora R11. I downloaded GTA 5 from the Epic Games Launcher onto my PC and started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by delvinanthony, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Windows Defender Firewall Affecting my Gameplay on GTA 5

Hi,

So about three months ago my family purchased a PC Alienware Aurora R11. I downloaded GTA 5 from the Epic Games Launcher onto my PC and started playing it. The first time that I played it everything was normal and I would be able to properly play the game. But after I exit out of the game and I want to play again the game starts lagging like hell. I wouldn't get more than around 0-12 fps and it was unplayable. After I did some digging I found out that Windows Defender Firewall was affecting GTA 5. I found a temporary solution but it would only work for one play session and after that I would have to do the process over again. What I did was I created a custom rule for the program named GTA5.exe and blocked the connection. This applied for UDP port 6672. I did this for work, public and private networks and I did this same process for both inbound rules and outbound rules. I just wanted to reach out to the community and see if anyone had the same problem and knew how to fix it permanently.

The temporary fix steps are below

Windows Start -> searched Windows Defender Firewall -> restored default -> Advanced settings -> inbound rules -> new rule -> custom rule -> Protocol and Ports -> UDP in the dropdown -> Local port -> specific ports -> typed 6672 -> Action -> block the connection -> name -> typed GTA5.exe -> saved -> outbound rules -> new rule -> custom rule -> Protocol and Ports -> UDP in the dropdown -> Local port -> specific ports -> typed 6672 -> Action -> block the connection -> name -> typed GTA5.exe -> saved

Then I opened GTA5 and it works Note: This is a temporary fix for me. I read it might be a permanent fix for others

Thanks

:)

delvinanthony, Nov 17, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

windows defender firewall

Hi Faye,

Third-party antivirus programs usually have their own uninstallers provided by the software developer. We suggest checking the developer's website or contacting their support team for assistance with uninstalling their program. After fully uninstalling the
    third-party antivirus software, you may turn on Windows Defender by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center and press Enter.
    • Click Firewall and network protection.
    • Click Private (discoverable) network and click On.
    • Click Public (non-discoverable) network and click On.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Windows Defender.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 17, 2020
  3. gta 5 xbox 360 digital download

• bra
    • jag vill ha gta5
    • för at jag gillar gta 5

HirabidHirabidian, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Windows Defender Firewall Affecting my Gameplay on GTA 5

GTA 5 black screen problem

Hi Vlado,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you experiencing this issue only with GTA 5 or with any other games on Windows 10?
    • Has it ever worked before with Windows 10?
    • Have you tried running the GTA 5 in compatibility mode?
    • How are you trying to access the game? Is it from Windows Store, Xbox app, or desktop application?

We look forward to your response.

Monica Cam, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender Firewall Affecting my Gameplay on GTA 5

1. Windows Defender Firewall Affecting my Gameplay on GTA 5 - Similar Threads - Defender Firewall Affecting

2. Gta 5 not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gta 5 not opening: Hello,so i downgraded from win 11 to win 10,and cause i am using gta v with mods,one of them requires spech pack,so i can talk,after installing it game stopped working,it says suspended in task manager and terminated in resource monitor,i teyed going back to win 11 but didnt...
  3. Gta 5 not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gta 5 not opening: Hello,so i downgraded from win 11 to win 10,and cause i am using gta v with mods,one of them requires spech pack,so i can talk,after installing it game stopped working,it says suspended in task manager and terminated in resource monitor,i teyed going back to win 11 but didnt...
  4. Gta 5 on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gta 5 on pc: Hello, i have a question. Can you download gta 5 on pc if you already bought the game on the microsoft store?i had it on my xbox before it doesn't appear iwhen i search for it in the microsoft store. Does anyone know?...
  5. Gta 5 on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gta 5 on pc: Hello, i have a question. Can you download gta 5 on pc if you already bought the game on the microsoft store?i had it on my xbox before it doesn't appear iwhen i search for it in the microsoft store. Does anyone know?...
  6. GTA 5 LAG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA 5 LAG: LAPTOP SPECIFICATION INTEL UHD GRAPHICS 8GB RAM NVIDIA GEFORCE MX130 WINDOWS 10 GUYS WHILE I AM PLAYING GTA 5 THERE IS SUDDEN LAG AND AUDIO IS PLAYED IN SLOW MOTION.I WOULD PAUSE THE GAME AND AFTER 5 MINUTES I WOULD UNPAUSE THE GAME THE GAME WORKS SMOOTHLY FOR SOME...
  7. instaling gta 5

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    instaling gta 5: I bought gta 5 and it says that I own it but have to install on my devices and I set up my phone to it and it still wont work\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/instaling-gta-5/adf145cc-4629-4aa2-9b6e-0c4f5b892a39
  8. GTA 5 Lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA 5 Lagging: [IMG]My problem not solved after updating Windows. I having same problem memory continuously increasing while playing only gta 5, you can see in the above picture. So try to give me some idea's to solve memory leaking....
  9. GTA 5 Lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA 5 Lagging: [IMG]these are my laptop specifications which are in above picture In my GTA 5 its lagging too much mainly while i driving speed, then i checked in Task manager gta 5 "memory98%".Then i tried some tricks like changing virtual memory paging file i.e."initial size 400 and...
  10. Gta 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gta 5: Does anyone get fps drops while driving around in the city? Is there any solution to this? Specs : 8gb ram, core i5 2nd gen (2.4 with turbo boost upto 3.2 Ghz) AMD Radeon 6770M 2gb GDDR5 Intel HD 3000 2gb Windows 10 Insider Pro Preview 6093

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows firewall blocking gta 5.exe features

2. does windows defender crash GTA v