Windows 10: Windows Defender Firewall, and AVG Firewall keeps shutting off after I turn my computer off...

Discus and support Windows Defender Firewall, and AVG Firewall keeps shutting off after I turn my computer off... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was just using my computer nothing new or different and my computer got a BSOD and when it had come back on my firewall was turned off. I got it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DarkKrazy, Sep 15, 2020.

1. DarkKrazy Win User

Windows Defender Firewall, and AVG Firewall keeps shutting off after I turn my computer off...

I was just using my computer nothing new or different and my computer got a BSOD and when it had come back on my firewall was turned off. I got it turned back on from search through forums and following different steps but every time I turn it off and back on, the firewall goes right back off.

:)

DarkKrazy, Sep 15, 2020

2. Unable to turn on Firewall on PC

Hi Speedy1zn,

Thank you posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with turning on firewall on your Windows 10 computer and we understand the concern in keeping your computer safe. We will certainly help you with this issue.

In order to have clarity, please let us know:

1. Are you aware of any changes after which the firewall (AVG/Windows) turned itself off?
    2. Do you see any error messages when trying to activate the firewall?

As you have mentioned that you have installed AVG antivirus, usually, the Windows Firewall turns off automatically when an alternate antivirus program is installed. This is by design. However, in this case, it could be a concern, as you are not able
    to activate the AVG firewall as well.

Method 1:

Try re-installing AVG program. Refer the article by AVG
    Uninstalling AVG software using AVG Clear or AVG Remover

Once you uninstall AVG,
    download the latest version of AVG antivirus
    that you are using from the AVG website and install it on the PC. Before re-installing, check if it turns on Windows Firewall.

Method 2:

You can try and running the Windows Firewall Troubleshooter.

Please refer to
    Automatically diagnose and fix problems with Windows Firewall
    to perform the steps.

We would also suggest that you keep your Windows up to date with the latest updates. Refer the article

Keep your PC up to date

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Speedy1zn Win User
    Unable to turn on Firewall on PC

Good day

I need some assistance. I have windows 10 64bit and im using avg antivirus. Everytime i stary up my p.c i keep getting a nitification that my firewall is deactivated. When i go to the notification panel to active my firewall it wont allow me to active, AVG
    antivirus firewall or windows defender.

Your assistance is highly appreciated.

***Original title: Firewall has been turned off***

Speedy1zn, Sep 15, 2020
  4. jackecson Win User

Windows Defender Firewall, and AVG Firewall keeps shutting off after I turn my computer off...

Windows Defender Firewall

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell desktop. This set-up came with a McAfee firewall installed (trial offer, I guess). I uninstalled McAfee (using McAfee's removal tool) so I could use Windows Defender firewall. Now it appears I have neither. The below screenshot
    shows the McAfee firewall is still installed and the Windows Defender firewall cannot be turned on because I'm using another firewall provider. The setup>programs and apps>uninstall routine does not list McAfee as a program to be uninstalled. Services does
    not list McAfee as a service to be turned off. How can I get this logjam fixed?

jackecson, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Firewall, and AVG Firewall keeps shutting off after I turn my computer off... - Similar Threads - Defender Firewall AVG

2. Turning Off Windows Defender And firewall off on Windows7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning Off Windows Defender And firewall off on Windows7: Hello:Please how can I turn of windows defender and windows firewall on my windows7computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turning-off-windows-defender-and-firewall-off-on/0af99386-fcb2-4127-9f50-ade92c52b857
  3. Turning Off Windows Defender And firewall off on Windows7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turning Off Windows Defender And firewall off on Windows7: Hello:Please how can I turn of windows defender and windows firewall on my windows7computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turning-off-windows-defender-and-firewall-off-on/0af99386-fcb2-4127-9f50-ade92c52b857
  4. windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.: So the message says but it's not true. Windows Defender Firewall is indeed off and that's because it interferes with MediaMonkey. However ZoneAlarm is on so why would Windows think this? This others me....
  5. Firewall turned off

Firewall turned off: Why am I receiving message firewall is turned off, but when I check security firewall is on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/firewall-turned-off/c12a23bd-426d-4406-91d4-54f50be196cd
  6. Windows 10 Defender Firewall can't be turned off

Windows 10 Defender Firewall can't be turned off: Windows 10 Pro r1903 Recently recovered from failing hard disk. After data recovery (onto new hard drive), this computer could not been seen by others in the same network. I could not even ping it. Network discovery on.... the usual was checked. Then research says check the...
  7. Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off: Have just started using Windows 10 (after years on Windows 8) and am generally happy with it, but I am constantly getting a notification telling me that "Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off; tap or click to see available options". But I go to Windows...
  8. Turning off Windows Defender Firewall fails

Turning off Windows Defender Firewall fails: Under "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Defender Firewall\Customize Settings", I clicked "Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended)", for both "Private network settings" and "Public Network settings", and clicked "OK". The window I got after that said...
  9. Should I turn off Windows Firewall?

Should I turn off Windows Firewall?: Hey, Just got this firewall "Glasswire" and was wondering if I should turn off Windows 10 Firewall while I'm using it? I'm just not sure if Glasswire gives me as much protection as the Windows one give me. -Thanks! 19741
  10. Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 build 16193, Windows Firewall has been renamed to Windows Defender Firewall. Windows Defender Firewall is designed to help prevent hackers or malicious software...