Windows 10: Windows Defender Firewall blocked features of Google Chrome is it safe to allow through...

Discus and support Windows Defender Firewall blocked features of Google Chrome is it safe to allow through... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I use Google Chrome but now Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of the app . How do I know if I should let this app through the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Lynm8811, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Lynm8811 Win User

Windows Defender Firewall blocked features of Google Chrome is it safe to allow through...

I use Google Chrome but now Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of the app .

How do I know if I should let this app through the firewall?

this is the path it wants to block

C:\program files (x86)\google\chrome\application\chrome.exe

If Chrome is unsafe should I just use Microsoft Edge?

:)

Lynm8811, Nov 4, 2018

2. Windows Defender uninstalls Google Chrome and it's Modifiers

Hello Sofia,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

At this point of time I suggest you to try your Windows firewall to make an exception rule. Follow the below steps.

To do so, follow the below steps to add an exception to the firewall list.

• Open Control Panel, and select Windows Firewall. Next click on "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
      in the left pane in the window.
    • To start making changes, you need to click "Change settings" located above the list of apps and features.

Note: that you need to be logged in as an administrator.

Let us know if the above suggestion helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 4, 2018
  3. BJM
    bjm Win User
    Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows

Hi Brink,
    Yes, cookies resemble items found in SpywareBlaster. I have exercised the #$%^ out of SpywareBlaster to get rid of Chrome Blocked cookies. I posted over on Chrome Help Forum asking whether they're Chrome default.
    No joy.
    I created Person 2 to see if they're in new user (presume) default profile. They're there.

Windows Defender Firewall  blocked features of Google Chrome is it safe to allow through... [​IMG]

They're not hurting anything, as far as I know.
    I'm just Chrome newbie curious how cookies came to be listed as Blocked.

Windows Defender Firewall  blocked features of Google Chrome is it safe to allow through... [​IMG]

Thanks
    Regards w Respect

4. Windows Defender Firewall blocked features of Google Chrome is it safe to allow through...

Chrome is blocked by my firewall but the firewall states Chrome is allowed access

I have uninstalled Chrome but my system will not allow me to reinstall it. I cannot update my firewall nor find out why Chrome and Firefox are both now blocked. I am on Windows 10

Mairead01122, Nov 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender Firewall blocked features of Google Chrome is it safe to allow through...

1. Windows Defender Firewall blocked features of Google Chrome is it safe to allow through... - Similar Threads - Defender Firewall blocked

2. family features blocking google chrome!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    family features blocking google chrome!!: there already an old thread but it had a non working solution. i am considering formatting the pc and putting Linux on it if this is not something that can be solved by changing Windows settings. thank you....
  3. family features blocking google chrome!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family features blocking google chrome!!: there already an old thread but it had a non working solution. i am considering formatting the pc and putting Linux on it if this is not something that can be solved by changing Windows settings. thank you....
  4. family features blocking google chrome!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.: I can't allow applications through firewall in the Window Defender Firewall even though I logged in as an Administrator. I have tried changing the group policies and resetting to default firewall settings. I do not have third party anti-virus software or firewall software....
  6. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.: I can't allow applications through firewall in the Window Defender Firewall even though I logged in as an Administrator. I have tried changing the group policies and resetting to default firewall settings. I do not have third party anti-virus software or firewall software....
  7. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Allow apps to communicate through windows defender firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow apps to communicate through windows defender firewall: Hi,Can someone clarify something for me as simply as possible ?Can I disable WLAN Service- WFD application services Platform Coordination Protocol and WLAN Service- WFD Services Keenel Mode Driver Rules from “list of allowed apps to communicate through Windows defender...
  9. Allow or Block Website Notifications in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Block Website Notifications in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Allow or Block Website Notifications in Google Chrome in Windows How to Allow or Block Website Notifications in Google Chrome in Windows Some websites can show notifications on your computer desktop. By default, Google Chrome asks you if a site can show...
  10. Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows How to Allow or Block Cookies in Google Chrome in Windows Cookies are small files that websites put on your PC to store information about you and your preferences. Cookies can make your browsing experience...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender blocking chrome

2. windows firewall blocking chrome

3. spotify windows defender blocked some features

4. windows defender blocks google chrome,
  5. windows defender firewall has blocked some features of google chrome,
  6. windows defender blocking google,
  7. windows defender block chrome,
  8. windows defender firewall blocked host process for setting synchronization. is this safe,
  9. defender blocks chrome,
  10. windows defender is blocking google earth,
  11. windows defender has blocked chrome,
  12. windows defender has blocked google chrome,
  13. windows defender firewall blocking chrome,
  14. windows defender allow site in chrome,
  15. does windows defender block google chrome