Windows 10: Windows Defender Firewall blocked Microsoft OneDriveFile Co-Authoring Executable

Discus and support Windows Defender Firewall blocked Microsoft OneDriveFile Co-Authoring Executable in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why must I approve a firewall exception for Microsoft OneDriveFile Co-Authoring Executable? This must have been triggered by an update but might be... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by schda12, May 25, 2020.

1. schda12 Win User

Windows Defender Firewall blocked Microsoft OneDriveFile Co-Authoring Executable

Why must I approve a firewall exception for Microsoft OneDriveFile Co-Authoring Executable? This must have been triggered by an update but might be something more dangerous.

Moved from: Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Microsoft 365 Family

:)

schda12, May 25, 2020
  2. Arctucas Win User

Windows Firewall blocking websites

I have blocked IP addresses, e.g. 255.255.255.255, not URLs, e.g. somewebsite.co m.

As far as unblocking, look at your Windows Firewall rules. Do you see anything that is blocked? If you do, click on the Scope tab and see what is listed there.

Arctucas, May 25, 2020
  3. Windows Defender Firewall showing On and Off at the same time

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the Windows Firewall shows as switched off even after turning it on. For better understanding of the issue, please answer the questions below.

1. Which build version of Windows are you using currently?
    2. Are you aware of any changes being made to the PC?
    3. Do you have any security software/firewall installed?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run the troubleshooter for Windows Firewall and check if that helps. Refer the article

Automatically diagnose and fix problems with Windows Firewall

If the above method doesn’t t work, please follow the next method.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to try enabling the services responsible for Windows Firewall and check if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run’.
    2. In Run dialog box, type services.msc and hit enter.
    3. Now look for the services: Security Center,
      Windows Defender Antivirus Service, Windows Defender Firewall Service,
      Windows Defender Advanced Thread Protection Service,
      and Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service.
    4. Right click on each service and click on Start.

If the above method doesn’t work, please try the next method.

Method 3:

I would suggest you to check if any conflicting registry entries are present which are blocking Windows Defender Firewall to turn on.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer the article on
    How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run’.
    2. In Run dialog box, type regedit and hit enter.
    3. Now navigate to the location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options
    4. Look if there are any registry keys named: MSASCui.exe, MpCmdRun.exe or MsMpEng.exe.
    5. If there are any such entries, then delete them by right clicking and selecting Delete.
    6. Click on Yes.
    7. Restart the PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 25, 2020
  4. Windows Defender Firewall blocked Microsoft OneDriveFile Co-Authoring Executable

Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender Firewall blocked Microsoft OneDriveFile Co-Authoring Executable

1. Windows Defender Firewall blocked Microsoft OneDriveFile Co-Authoring Executable - Similar Threads - Defender Firewall blocked

2. Windows Defender Firewall is blocking Microsoft Phone Link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall is blocking Microsoft Phone Link: When setting up Phone Link initially I had issues connecting the application. The application would say it requires a network connection. I reset the app to make sure something wasn't misconfigured, I made sure it wasn't DNS by pointing my DNS to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8. Next I...
  3. Windows Defender Firewall is blocking Microsoft Phone Link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Firewall is blocking Microsoft Phone Link: When setting up Phone Link initially I had issues connecting the application. The application would say it requires a network connection. I reset the app to make sure something wasn't misconfigured, I made sure it wasn't DNS by pointing my DNS to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8. Next I...
  4. OneDrive Co-Authoring Executable constantly using 25% CPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive Co-Authoring Executable constantly using 25% CPU: I've been chasing this for about 6 weeks with no luck. NUC8i5 is the computer and was running W10 Pro 1909 until this week when I jumped to 20H2. The following process is using a constant 25% of CPU. A restart will stop it for 1-4 hours before it decides it wants to run...
  5. Windows Defender Firewall is blocking printing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender Firewall is blocking printing: I have a Canon LBP 5050N printer on my LAN at a fixed IP address 192.168.0.10. This is a new PC running Windows 10 Build 19041 i.e. the latest, May edition. Windows Defender Firewall is blocking printing. If I turn WDF off for private networks, printing operates. I've...
  6. Windows Defender Firewall is blocking Microsoft services

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender Firewall is blocking Microsoft services: Hello, I noticed that after the latest optional software update for Windows 10, the Windows Defender firewall is blocking Microsoft services: KB4550945 In my case, it is not allowing downloading or logging in on the App Store. It even blocks logging in to outlook.com via...
  7. Defender firewall block

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender firewall block: This opened when I logged in: Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of SchedulerConsole on all public and private networks. Name: SchedulerConsole Publisher: Unknown Path: C:\program files...
  8. Windows defender firewall blocked app

Windows defender firewall blocked app: What does this mean? When I tried opening iTunes on my laptop C:\program files\windowsapps\appleinc.itunes_12096.3.41072.0_x64__nzyj5cx40ttqa\itunes.exe...
  9. Windows 10 Firewall Blocks Defender Update

Windows 10 Firewall Blocks Defender Update: Hi, all. I just joined minutes ago. My Windows 10 Firewall blocks my Defender from downloading new definitions (WTF???). It used to work fine. If I turn off Firewall, it updates no problem. I've created as many inbound and outbound rules as I can think of for all of the...
  10. Blocking execution of Autorun with Windows Defender?

Blocking execution of Autorun with Windows Defender?: Is there a way that Windows Defender can automatically block the execution of Autorun commands once a USB flash drive or a DVD is inserted on a computer? 131634

Users found this page by searching for:

1. co authoring office firewall

2. onedrive file co-authoring executable

3. Windows Defender Firewall blocked some features of OneDriveFile Co-Authoring Executable