Windows 10: Windows Defender Firewall default block action not intuitive

Discus and support Windows Defender Firewall default block action not intuitive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Can someone please help me understand why the default action for Windows Defender Firewall is to allow "Public networks, such as those in airports and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HerbieFakir, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Windows Defender Firewall default block action not intuitive

Can someone please help me understand why the default action for Windows Defender Firewall is to allow "Public networks, such as those in airports and coffee shops (not recommended) because these networks often have little or no security".

Everytime this message comes up I have to remember to NOT allow the default, public networks access but to only allow private networks.. like, my home network. I have little desire to EVER allow public / unsecured networks..

I don't understand why this is the default behavior and i'm guessing a LOT of people accept the default and are LESS secure as a result.

Screenshot attached. Windows Defender Firewall default block action not intuitive 530f3971-affc-4a54-873f-9bb971292258?upload=true.png

:)

HerbieFakir, Apr 30, 2019
  2. Arctucas Win User

Windows Firewall blocking websites

I have blocked IP addresses, e.g. 255.255.255.255, not URLs, e.g. somewebsite.co m.

As far as unblocking, look at your Windows Firewall rules. Do you see anything that is blocked? If you do, click on the Scope tab and see what is listed there.

Arctucas, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Windows Defender Firewall default block action not intuitive

windows defender firewall

Hi Faye,

Third-party antivirus programs usually have their own uninstallers provided by the software developer. We suggest checking the developer's website or contacting their support team for assistance with uninstalling their program. After fully uninstalling the
    third-party antivirus software, you may turn on Windows Defender by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center and press Enter.
    • Click Firewall and network protection.
    • Click Private (discoverable) network and click On.
    • Click Public (non-discoverable) network and click On.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Windows Defender.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender Firewall default block action not intuitive

1. Windows Defender Firewall default block action not intuitive - Similar Threads - Defender Firewall default

2. Windows Defender Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Firewall: Hi, Any idea how to delete these, from the screenshot. I uninstalled PowerDVD but its left these rules behind on my firewall monitoring. [img] Thanks 131858
  3. Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Firewall: My computer has recently crashed twice in a row, then told me to turn on Windows Firewall Defender.However I am unable to turn it on at all, it provides me with this message when i try turning it on : Windows Firewall can't change some of your settings. Error code...
  4. Windows Defender Firewall

Windows Defender Firewall: I'm using windows 10 1709 home on one notebook and version 18 on another. How are Apps able to enable disabled firewall settings, and, have the ability to automatically allow other apps through the firewall? For example Zune, Cooking Fever, One Note...etc go from disabled to...
  5. Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features on networks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features on networks.: A Windows box popped up saying: Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of Host Process for Setting Synchronization on all public and private networks. Choose: Allow Access or Cancel. There are two boxes a) private networks and b) public networks. There's a...
  6. Windows defender firewall is blocking all after cumulative update?

Windows defender firewall is blocking all after cumulative update?: Hi all, This started this morning after I let my laptop do it's cumulative update. I don't know if it's relevant, but it had to be updated and restarted twice as the update was still shown as pending after the first update and restart. Model is Acer Helios 300 2017 model....
  7. How to block a complete program folder in defender firewall ?

How to block a complete program folder in defender firewall ?: Hello In windows defender firewall can I block a complete folder named ex: (google) or ex: (nero) , instead of individual apps in sub folders in the folder, so I can block entire program instead of just one app at a time ? I don't want to turn apps on or off one at a time,...
  8. windows defender firewall

windows defender firewall: I have bought a new Lenovo Ideacentre PC. It had McAfee on when I got it, as a free trial. I don't want McAfee, just Windows Defender, but it keeps putting up 'Firewall off, choose Windows Defender or McAfee. I keep choosing Windows, but it keeps appearing every day, saying...
  9. Windows Defender Domain Firewall blocks my home network

Windows Defender Domain Firewall blocks my home network: For no reason that I can figure out, my home network stopped working. I got the 'you don't have permission' message. The only way I could get it to work was to turn off the Windows Defender Domain Firewall. Both the Private and Public firewalls are still on. It is just a...
  10. Windows Firewall-Defender

Windows Firewall-Defender: Hello is it posible to remove Windows Firewall+Defender from Windows 10 ISO image? Installing Windows 10 without FW+DEF? Just to make it slim *Redface Thanks *Smile 36151