Windows 10: Windows Defender Firewall default block action not intuitive

Discus and support Windows Defender Firewall default block action not intuitive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Can someone please help me understand why the default action for Windows Defender Firewall is to allow "Public networks, such as those in airports and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HerbieFakir, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Windows Defender Firewall default block action not intuitive

Can someone please help me understand why the default action for Windows Defender Firewall is to allow "Public networks, such as those in airports and coffee shops (not recommended) because these networks often have little or no security".

Everytime this message comes up I have to remember to NOT allow the default, public networks access but to only allow private networks.. like, my home network. I have little desire to EVER allow public / unsecured networks..

I don't understand why this is the default behavior and i'm guessing a LOT of people accept the default and are LESS secure as a result.

Screenshot attached. Windows Defender Firewall default block action not intuitive 530f3971-affc-4a54-873f-9bb971292258?upload=true.png

:)

HerbieFakir, Apr 30, 2019
  2. Arctucas Win User

Windows Firewall blocking websites

I have blocked IP addresses, e.g. 255.255.255.255, not URLs, e.g. somewebsite.co m.

As far as unblocking, look at your Windows Firewall rules. Do you see anything that is blocked? If you do, click on the Scope tab and see what is listed there.

Arctucas, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Windows Defender Firewall default block action not intuitive

windows defender firewall

Hi Faye,

Third-party antivirus programs usually have their own uninstallers provided by the software developer. We suggest checking the developer's website or contacting their support team for assistance with uninstalling their program. After fully uninstalling the
    third-party antivirus software, you may turn on Windows Defender by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center and press Enter.
    • Click Firewall and network protection.
    • Click Private (discoverable) network and click On.
    • Click Public (non-discoverable) network and click On.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Windows Defender.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender Firewall default block action not intuitive

1. Windows Defender Firewall default block action not intuitive - Similar Threads - Defender Firewall default

2. Restoring Windows Defender Firewall to default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring Windows Defender Firewall to default: I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Book 2 Pro 360. I was online looking for tips and tricks online. A lot of them recommended getting rid of McAfee Security because of the bloatware, as well as, the nagging pop ups every time you looked around. I followed there directions and...
  3. Restoring Windows Defender Firewall to default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring Windows Defender Firewall to default: I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Book 2 Pro 360. I was online looking for tips and tricks online. A lot of them recommended getting rid of McAfee Security because of the bloatware, as well as, the nagging pop ups every time you looked around. I followed there directions and...
  4. Windows defender blocks the actions of windows processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender blocks the actions of windows processes: Hi everyone,I have activated controlled folder access and it often sends me a notification that "The administrator has blocked the action". But what is strange to me is that some windows processes such as wuauclt.exe and svchost.exe are blocked. So I was wondering if it was a...
  5. Windows defender blocks the actions of windows processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender blocks the actions of windows processes: Hi everyone,I have activated controlled folder access and it often sends me a notification that "The administrator has blocked the action". But what is strange to me is that some windows processes such as wuauclt.exe and svchost.exe are blocked. So I was wondering if it was a...
  6. Windows Defender Firewall is blocking printing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender Firewall is blocking printing: I have a Canon LBP 5050N printer on my LAN at a fixed IP address 192.168.0.10. This is a new PC running Windows 10 Build 19041 i.e. the latest, May edition. Windows Defender Firewall is blocking printing. If I turn WDF off for private networks, printing operates. I've...
  7. Windows Defender Firewall is blocking Microsoft services

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender Firewall is blocking Microsoft services: Hello, I noticed that after the latest optional software update for Windows 10, the Windows Defender firewall is blocking Microsoft services: KB4550945 In my case, it is not allowing downloading or logging in on the App Store. It even blocks logging in to outlook.com via...
  8. Defender firewall block

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender firewall block: This opened when I logged in: Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of SchedulerConsole on all public and private networks. Name: SchedulerConsole Publisher: Unknown Path: C:\program files...
  9. Windows defender firewall blocked app

Windows defender firewall blocked app: What does this mean? When I tried opening iTunes on my laptop C:\program files\windowsapps\appleinc.itunes_12096.3.41072.0_x64__nzyj5cx40ttqa\itunes.exe...
  10. Windows 10 Firewall Blocks Defender Update

Windows 10 Firewall Blocks Defender Update: Hi, all. I just joined minutes ago. My Windows 10 Firewall blocks my Defender from downloading new definitions (WTF???). It used to work fine. If I turn off Firewall, it updates no problem. I've created as many inbound and outbound rules as I can think of for all of the...