Windows 10: Windows Defender Firewall error

Discus and support Windows Defender Firewall error in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi! so yesterday out of the blue, i got this error that windows could not start the firewall. I tried to manually start it,nothing happened.I tried... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Denial101, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Denial101 Win User

Windows Defender Firewall error

Hi! so yesterday out of the blue, i got this error that windows could not start the firewall. I tried to manually start it,nothing happened.I tried starting it from the services then again nothing happened. I downloaded the windows firewall troubleshooter but it also wasn't able to fix the problem ( picture below) i got the 1709 version by the way. Windows Defender Firewall error ed81b724-328d-41bd-aca6-b5ca27d42082?upload=true.png

and i got this error from the service itself. i run sfc scannow on safemode, it came up with some error i restarted pc then i run the repair image health cmd (not sure how it is called) didnt came up with any issues,but my problem still persists.
    Windows Defender Firewall error 3124b06d-2435-46e4-853e-f33356cc1b77?upload=true.png

:)

Denial101, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

windows defender firewall

Hi Faye,

Third-party antivirus programs usually have their own uninstallers provided by the software developer. We suggest checking the developer's website or contacting their support team for assistance with uninstalling their program. After fully uninstalling the
    third-party antivirus software, you may turn on Windows Defender by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center and press Enter.
    • Click Firewall and network protection.
    • Click Private (discoverable) network and click On.
    • Click Public (non-discoverable) network and click On.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Windows Defender.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Windows Defender Firewall error code 0x800706d9

Hi AnudieKatz.

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Since you are facing an issue with the Windows Defender firewall, I would like to ask you few questions to get a better picture.

1. Are you using any other Anti-virus software?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Have you tried installing Picture viewer and Calendar app after it getting uninstalled?

Based on your information, I would like to inform you that if you are using third party anti-virus program Windows defender will automatically turn off from your system you will not able turn it on manually.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1: Check the following services and ensure it is started.

1. Press Windows and R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Services.msc and hit Enter.
    3. Search for the following services:
    • Base filtering engine Service
    • Remote Procedure Call Service
    • Windows defender firewall service
    4. Start the above services and reboot the device.

Method 2: I would suggest you to try running the troubleshooter to enable the firewall. Use the below link to run the troubleshooter.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...agnose-and-fix-problems-with-windows-firewall

If you are still facing the same issue after following the above steps, revert with the details asked.

Hope it helps.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Windows Defender Firewall error

firewall

Hi Jackie,

For you to be able to get to your firewall, please follow the steps below:

• Go to start Button.
    • Open Windows defender Security Center.
    • Then go to Firewall & network protection.
    • Then choose a network profile.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender Firewall error

1. Windows Defender Firewall error - Similar Threads - Defender Firewall error

2. Windows 11 Microsoft Defender Firewall: I can't turn on the Defender Firewall, error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Microsoft Defender Firewall: I can't turn on the Defender Firewall, error...: Hello,I am running a Lenovo Thinkpad T480 under Windows 11 latest update, i.e. 2022-04 Cum Update. I use Windows Defender antivirus and I would like to turn on Microsoft Defender Firewall. However, the option to turn it on is greyed out and I have an error message : "This...
  3. Windows 11 Microsoft Defender Firewall: I can't turn on the Defender Firewall, error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Microsoft Defender Firewall: I can't turn on the Defender Firewall, error...: Hello,I am running a Lenovo Thinkpad T480 under Windows 11 latest update, i.e. 2022-04 Cum Update. I use Windows Defender antivirus and I would like to turn on Microsoft Defender Firewall. However, the option to turn it on is greyed out and I have an error message : "This...
  4. Windows Firewall/Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Firewall/Windows Defender Firewall: I keep getting this security notification the says: "Firewall and Network Protection - Turn on Windows Firewall" see attached screenshots. 4 of the screenshots says/indicate that the firewall is turned on, but the security notification still pops up saying to turn on...
  5. Error: Windows Defender Firewall and Windows Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error: Windows Defender Firewall and Windows Update: There are issues allowing Windows Update through the firewall when changing the default outbound action in Windows Defender to "Block" instead of "Allow". Other people share the problem (1). Theoretically, one should be able to add a rule that allows the Windows Update...
  6. Windows Defender Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Firewall: Hi, Any idea how to delete these, from the screenshot. I uninstalled PowerDVD but its left these rules behind on my firewall monitoring. [img] Thanks 131858
  7. Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Firewall: My computer has recently crashed twice in a row, then told me to turn on Windows Firewall Defender.However I am unable to turn it on at all, it provides me with this message when i try turning it on : Windows Firewall can't change some of your settings. Error code...
  8. Windows Defender Firewall

Windows Defender Firewall: I'm using windows 10 1709 home on one notebook and version 18 on another. How are Apps able to enable disabled firewall settings, and, have the ability to automatically allow other apps through the firewall? For example Zune, Cooking Fever, One Note...etc go from disabled to...
  9. Windows Defender Firewall error

Windows Defender Firewall error: I am trying to watch an .mp4 file and get a message to start the Windows Defender Firewall, error code 0x800706d9. When I try to start WDF, I get error codem 0x6D9. WDF won't respond....
  10. Windows Defender Firewall error

Windows Defender Firewall error: Hi! so yesterday out of the blue, i got this error that windows could not start the firewall. I tried to manually start it,nothing happened.I tried starting it from the services then again nothing happened. I downloaded the windows firewall troubleshooter but it also wasn't...