Windows 10: Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of Windows Explorer. Windows 10

Discus and support Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of Windows Explorer. Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I powered up just now I saw this Windows Security Alert: [ATTACH] Then this screen: [ATTACH] What do I have to do? What caused this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Taffy087, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Taffy087 Win User

Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of Windows Explorer. Windows 10

When I powered up just now I saw this Windows Security Alert:

Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of Windows Explorer. Windows 10 f18347de-4ebd-4b06-bf24-c8726e0b5dbc?upload=true.png

Then this screen:

Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of Windows Explorer. Windows 10 86e3e3e7-aaac-4aae-9123-31f93cfb11e7?upload=true.png

What do I have to do? What caused this problem?

I wasn't sure where to post. If it's in the wrong forum would a Moderator move it please? TIA

:)

Taffy087, Jun 18, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Arctucas Win User
    Windows Firewall blocking websites

I have blocked IP addresses, e.g. 255.255.255.255, not URLs, e.g. somewebsite.co m.

As far as unblocking, look at your Windows Firewall rules. Do you see anything that is blocked? If you do, click on the Scope tab and see what is listed there.

Arctucas, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of Windows Explorer. Windows 10

"Attestation" A new feature coming to Windows Defender in Windows 10

Tech Republic - Upcoming Windows Defender feature will tell you when security fails
    This seems very promising. Microsoft is in the unique position to know what Windows should look like, even before Windows Update pushes out new changes. As long as MS can properly sync WD with WU changes AND this new features does not make any "noticeable" hit on system performance/resources, all without any false positives, this should be a big step forward for consumer security, and a blow to the bad guys - always a good thing.

Of course, there will likely be some hiccups the Windows/Microsoft/Windows Defender bashers will surely pounce on - regardless how extensive the Beta process is. But hopefully open and unbiased minds will prevail. After all, the goal is to stop the bad guys and if this gets us closer to that, that's a very good thing.

For more detailed information, see Introducing Windows Defender System Guard runtime attestation)

Bill_Bright, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of Windows Explorer. Windows 10

1. Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of Windows Explorer. Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Defender Firewall has

2. Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app: I receive the error message "Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app". Normally I assume to be able to unblock the app. But the prompt does not have an option to do so.How can I unblock this app? Or how do I get back the checkboxes to unblock the app?...
  3. Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app: I receive the error message "Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app". Normally I assume to be able to unblock the app. But the prompt does not have an option to do so.How can I unblock this app? Or how do I get back the checkboxes to unblock the app?...
  4. Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app??: What happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-firewall-has-blocked-some/22ff75ea-2a87-4b03-a8b4-de633ce746cc
  5. Windows firewall has blocked some features

Windows firewall has blocked some features: I've been getting that randomly and it's so annoying I've checked my laptop for viruses and malwares and there wasn't any I even asked support center via twitter still didn't yet It has unknown and has many zeros and I have no idea what it means...
  6. Defender firewall has blocked some features of Avast...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Defender firewall has blocked some features of Avast...: I got a popup stating that defender firewall has blocked some features of Avast. It was after a Quality update on 08/11. I have searched here and through Google for other questions or/and responses and am not finding any other mentions of this. Can I allow access or is this...
  7. Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app: I get the message above everytime I launch a new application and I’m confused as to what to choose. For this case specifically, it’s for a multiplayer game. Should I cancel or allow access to private networks, public networks, or both? Would anyone care to explain what...
  8. "Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features...." repeats

"Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features...." repeats: Windows 10 v1909 There are 3 programs/apps on my NUC system that for some reason I regularly get "Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app" and I have to give permission to proceed. I have also manually allowed these apps through the firewall, but that...
  9. Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app: We have recently installed the Office 365 version 1908 Semi-Annual Channel update in our environment. Post installation of this update we are getting the error " Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app" as per the screenshot below for Skype for Business...
  10. Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features on networks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features on networks.: A Windows box popped up saying: Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of Host Process for Setting Synchronization on all public and private networks. Choose: Allow Access or Cancel. There are two boxes a) private networks and b) public networks. There's a...