Windows 10: Windows Defender Firewall not letting me change settings/add apps

Discus and support Windows Defender Firewall not letting me change settings/add apps in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I am currently trying to allow a program to my firewall exceptions, but the button to add app is greyed out, I have tried to click on the change... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by stoosanub, May 14, 2018.

1. stoosanub Win User

Windows Defender Firewall not letting me change settings/add apps

Hi I am currently trying to allow a program to my firewall exceptions, but the button to add app is greyed out, I have tried to click on the change settings button, and that then goes from white to grey and nothing happens.

I am the only user on the PC, and an administrator profile.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

:)

stoosanub, May 14, 2018
  2. BB606 Win User

Windows 10 or Windows Firewall has locked me out will not let me change any settings

Windows 10 or Windows Firewall has locked me out will not let me change any settings

BB606, May 16, 2018
  3. biz74 Win User
    Firewall (AVG firewall)l blocks modern (not desktop) app TouchVPN, how to make an exception in the firewall settings for the apps from windows store?

App is installed, firewall blocks internet access for this app.

It is easy to add desktop apps to exception list in firewall settings, but how can I do this with modern apps

from store (have no access to exe files and even folders)

If I change AVG firewall to Windows firewall how can I allow modern apps internet access?

biz74, May 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender Firewall not letting me change settings/add apps

1. Windows Defender Firewall not letting me change settings/add apps - Similar Threads - Defender Firewall letting

2. Windows will not let me activate in the settings app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows will not let me activate in the settings app: I recently had to unplug my GPU and plug it back in, and windows deactivated. I got the "activate windows" thing in the bottom right corner of my screen even though windows has been fine with my computer for at least 3 years. My biggest problem is that whenever I try to fix...
  3. Windows will not let me activate in the settings app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows will not let me activate in the settings app: I recently had to unplug my GPU and plug it back in, and windows deactivated. I got the "activate windows" thing in the bottom right corner of my screen even though windows has been fine with my computer for at least 3 years. My biggest problem is that whenever I try to fix...
  4. Windows will not let me activate in the settings app

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft Defender not letting me change any settings in windows security

Microsoft Defender not letting me change any settings in windows security: Microsoft defender is not letting me change anything in the settings. if i try to it just switches back, it won't let me add exclusions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-not-letting-me-change-any/e177ab8a-1905-4f13-b303-9de6fa1ba2a8
  6. I can't change Windows Defender Firewall settings in services

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't change Windows Defender Firewall settings in services: I'm trying to fix my Windows defender, Cortana, Microphone, etc. because a virus damaged my computer. I deleted the virus with Mcafee and fully scanned my pc with Mcafee and Gridinsoft and the pc is clean. I tried millions of solutions to repair windows defender, microphone...
  7. Windows Defender not letting me add exclusion

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender not letting me add exclusion: This is driving me nuts and I can't find anything anywhere about it, so here goes nothing. My dad (despite me telling multiple times it is not necessary) decided to run a full defender scan on our main house PC. Problem is, one of the mounted drives is our Google Drive...
  8. Can't Start Windows Defender Firewall or Change Settings

Can't Start Windows Defender Firewall or Change Settings: I got a notification at the bottom of the screen on my desktop computer saying Firewall had been turned off click here to fix. It opened up Windows Defender Firewall under Control Panel. But I can't get anything to work. Click on "use recommended settings", nothing happens....
  9. Windows Firewall won't let me click

Windows Firewall won't let me click: So I'm trying to click on change notification settings, but it will not let me. Mcaffee firewall is already turned off and I have made sure windows firewall is running by going to services. I can only click on Advanced Settings and Troubleshoot Network.[ATTACH]...
  10. Windows Defender Firewall settings

Windows Defender Firewall settings: Which apps should I allow to communicate through Windows Defender Firewall in my Windows settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-firewall-settings/3be59eb4-93ed-4fdf-9a67-1954fab82cc4