Windows 10: Windows Defender Firewall not letting me change settings/add apps

Discus and support Windows Defender Firewall not letting me change settings/add apps in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I am currently trying to allow a program to my firewall exceptions, but the button to add app is greyed out, I have tried to click on the change... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by stoosanub, May 14, 2018.

1. stoosanub Win User

Windows Defender Firewall not letting me change settings/add apps

Hi I am currently trying to allow a program to my firewall exceptions, but the button to add app is greyed out, I have tried to click on the change settings button, and that then goes from white to grey and nothing happens.

I am the only user on the PC, and an administrator profile.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

:)

stoosanub, May 14, 2018
  2. BB606 Win User

Windows 10 or Windows Firewall has locked me out will not let me change any settings

Windows 10 or Windows Firewall has locked me out will not let me change any settings

BB606, May 16, 2018
  3. biz74 Win User
    Firewall (AVG firewall)l blocks modern (not desktop) app TouchVPN, how to make an exception in the firewall settings for the apps from windows store?

App is installed, firewall blocks internet access for this app.

It is easy to add desktop apps to exception list in firewall settings, but how can I do this with modern apps

from store (have no access to exe files and even folders)

If I change AVG firewall to Windows firewall how can I allow modern apps internet access?

biz74, May 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender Firewall not letting me change settings/add apps

1. Windows Defender Firewall not letting me change settings/add apps - Similar Threads - Defender Firewall letting

2. Can't Start Windows Defender Firewall or Change Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't Start Windows Defender Firewall or Change Settings: I got a notification at the bottom of the screen on my desktop computer saying Firewall had been turned off click here to fix. It opened up Windows Defender Firewall under Control Panel. But I can't get anything to work. Click on "use recommended settings", nothing happens....
  3. Windows Firewall won't let me click

Windows Firewall won't let me click: So I'm trying to click on change notification settings, but it will not let me. Mcaffee firewall is already turned off and I have made sure windows firewall is running by going to services. I can only click on Advanced Settings and Troubleshoot Network.[ATTACH]...
  4. Microsoft won't let me add/change email addresses

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft won't let me add/change email addresses: Microsoft Live is not accepting my main personal emails as valid. I've waited 6 weeks for one new email address to become associated with my Microsoft account and it still hasn't happened. No word from Microsoft. Today I tried to associate a second email account and the...
  5. Windows Defender Firewall settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Firewall settings: Which apps should I allow to communicate through Windows Defender Firewall in my Windows settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-firewall-settings/3be59eb4-93ed-4fdf-9a67-1954fab82cc4
  6. Windows Defender won't let me add C:\Windows\Fonts as an exclusion...

Windows Defender won't let me add C:\Windows\Fonts as an exclusion...: Windows Defender is slowing my computer startup by scanning every single font I have installed (over 1000 of them), and it takes several minutes, during which my computer slows down considerably (takes 2 minutes for iTunes to start). I always scan my fonts with Defender and...
  7. Windows defender in v1703 does not let me run app

Windows defender in v1703 does not let me run app: Where is the "allow exclusion" in this version of windows? So frustrating. 84137
  8. Windows Defender letting me down

Windows Defender letting me down: Hey guys, Like everybody else i am on Build 14946. Since yesterday i get a notification "found some malware ...Windows Defenders removing it". Strange because i installed AVG antivirus, let it run and nothing found. Add to remove AVG, because it interferes with...
  9. Windows Store App will not let me add a new account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store App will not let me add a new account.: It says that the user ID or Password is invalid but when I use the same user ID and Password on the Microsoft webcite, it signs me in. Please help. 64456
  10. Windows won't let me change any settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows won't let me change any settings: My MMOs won't load, causing auto reboots. In attempting to fix problem (still an issue) the fixes required modifying various settings. Windows won't let me change any settings. I navigate, click on the setting I want, click "ok" or "apply" and leave the screen. I can go right...