Windows 10: Windows Defender Firewall not saving changes made to app exceptions

Discus and support Windows Defender Firewall not saving changes made to app exceptions in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I go into the allow app or feature section. Then I scroll down and tick multiple boxes on the left, then change some to private instead of public. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ocelotrox2333, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Windows Defender Firewall not saving changes made to app exceptions

I go into the allow app or feature section. Then I scroll down and tick multiple boxes on the left, then change some to private instead of public. I click on ok. When I go back into the allow app or feature section, my changes weren't saved. Help?

***Original title: Windows Defender Firewall Problem***

:)

Ocelotrox2333, Jan 6, 2020
  2. joelshort Win User

Defender Firewall will not save "allowed app" rules

I am having a persistent, ongoing problem with allowing apps through Windows Defender Firewall (Windows 10 Pro 1809). Basically, the firewall is not remembering when I add an app to the list.

From the control panel I am going to "Allow apps to communicate through Windows Defender Firewall". One of the apps in question is already listed and I need to continually enable it through the Public connection. But the rule doesn't stick.

Another app is missing from the list so I manually add it, and things work fine for that session. If I restart the system and go back to these rules, the manually added app is no longer in the list, and the already present app in the list has again reverted to Private only. I have to constantly reset these.

Why won't these apps stick in the allowed apps, and how do I fix it?

joelshort, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Windows Defender uninstalls Google Chrome and it's Modifiers

Hello Sofia,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

At this point of time I suggest you to try your Windows firewall to make an exception rule. Follow the below steps.

To do so, follow the below steps to add an exception to the firewall list.

• Open Control Panel, and select Windows Firewall. Next click on "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
      in the left pane in the window.
    • To start making changes, you need to click "Change settings" located above the list of apps and features.

Note: that you need to be logged in as an administrator.

Let us know if the above suggestion helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Windows Defender Firewall not saving changes made to app exceptions

windows defender firewall

Hi Faye,

Third-party antivirus programs usually have their own uninstallers provided by the software developer. We suggest checking the developer's website or contacting their support team for assistance with uninstalling their program. After fully uninstalling the
    third-party antivirus software, you may turn on Windows Defender by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center and press Enter.
    • Click Firewall and network protection.
    • Click Private (discoverable) network and click On.
    • Click Public (non-discoverable) network and click On.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Windows Defender.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender Firewall not saving changes made to app exceptions

1. Windows Defender Firewall not saving changes made to app exceptions - Similar Threads - Defender Firewall saving

2. windows defender firewall cannot add "" to the list of exceptions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender firewall cannot add "" to the list of exceptions: I'm at "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Defender Firewall\Allowed apps" for some reason even if I click the button "Change settings" it wont let me tick/untick the boxes, Also when I click "Allow another app" and choose a file it just shows me an error saying...
  3. windows defender firewall cannot add "" to the list of exceptions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows defender firewall cannot add "" to the list of exceptions: I'm at "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Defender Firewall\Allowed apps" for some reason even if I click the button "Change settings" it wont let me tick/untick the boxes, Also when I click "Allow another app" and choose a file it just shows me an error saying...
  4. Windows Defender Firewall - Program exception

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall - Program exception: Hi,I am trying to define a program exception in Windows Defender Firewall on clients using a Domain Profile.The program is located on a network share.The problem is that every time the program gets updated the exe-file has a new name.For instance fof20020.exe.I've tried to...
  5. Windows Defender Firewall - Program exception

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Firewall - Program exception: Hi,I am trying to define a program exception in Windows Defender Firewall on clients using a Domain Profile.The program is located on a network share.The problem is that every time the program gets updated the exe-file has a new name.For instance fof20020.exe.I've tried to...
  6. Windows Defender Firewall - Program exception

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Exception policy for Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Exception policy for Windows Defender Firewall: Hello Team,I believe you're doing well & keeping safe.I'm using an RPA tool to send emails to business. Sending email to business via tool is happening for more than 6 months. But all of sudden it has stopped working. We investigated the issue & found access is getting...
  8. Defender Firewall reverts all changes made to it

Defender Firewall reverts all changes made to it: Windows Defender Firewall is blocking an app from connecting over my network and I am unable to get the necessary changes made to Defender to stay. When I use "Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall" and make any changes to the allowed apps, they go through...
  9. Windows defender firewall blocked app

Windows defender firewall blocked app: What does this mean? When I tried opening iTunes on my laptop C:\program files\windowsapps\appleinc.itunes_12096.3.41072.0_x64__nzyj5cx40ttqa\itunes.exe...
  10. Defender Firewall will not save "allowed app" rules

Defender Firewall will not save "allowed app" rules: I am having a persistent, ongoing problem with allowing apps through Windows Defender Firewall (Windows 10 Pro 1809). Basically, the firewall is not remembering when I add an app to the list. From the control panel I am going to "Allow apps to communicate through Windows...