Windows 10: Windows Defender firewall prevents home network access

Discus and support Windows Defender firewall prevents home network access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On my home network between 2 Win 10 pcs the windows firewall will not allow pc2 to access pc1 unless I manually turn off the firewall. It is OK going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by oldtraveler, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Windows Defender firewall prevents home network access

On my home network between 2 Win 10 pcs the windows firewall will not allow pc2 to access pc1 unless I manually turn off the firewall. It is OK going the other direction.
    Pc1 automatically turns on the firewall every day causing me to again have to manually turn it off. I have even put the network address in the box to be allowed through. Doesn't work.

:)

oldtraveler, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

windows defender firewall

Hi Faye,

Third-party antivirus programs usually have their own uninstallers provided by the software developer. We suggest checking the developer's website or contacting their support team for assistance with uninstalling their program. After fully uninstalling the
    third-party antivirus software, you may turn on Windows Defender by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center and press Enter.
    • Click Firewall and network protection.
    • Click Private (discoverable) network and click On.
    • Click Public (non-discoverable) network and click On.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Windows Defender.

Yolvi Ell, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Windows Defender - Firewall and Network Protection

Hi,

We suggest that you try restarting Windows Defender service and check if issue is resolved. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X key and type services.msc,
      hit enter.
    • Search Windows Defender Service.:1)Windows Defender Service ; 2)
      Windows Defender Network.
    • Right click on each and press Start.
    • Restart your computer and check if issue persist.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Wynona Win User

Windows Defender firewall prevents home network access

Firewall Windows 10... reset?

Finally, Weybrew!

Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off

You should always run Windows Defender Firewall even if you have another firewall turned on. Turning off Windows Defender Firewall might make your device (and your network, if you have one) more vulnerable to unauthorized access.

• To turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off, select the Start button, and then select Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Firewall & network protection. Choose a network profile, and then under Windows Defender Firewall, switch the setting to On or Off.
    • Note: If your device is connected to a network, network policy settings might prevent you from completing these steps. For more info, contact your administrator.

Learn more about protecting your PC from viruses.

Last Updated: Apr 30, 2018

This comes directly from Microsoft and the first sentence says it all! Don't turn off Windows Defender or its firewall!

Yup, I was wrong and I'm sorry I misled you. Here's the URL:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...wall-on-or-off

Wynona, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender firewall prevents home network access

1. Windows Defender firewall prevents home network access - Similar Threads - Defender firewall prevents

2. Can't access advanced settings in Windows Defender Firewall.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't access advanced settings in Windows Defender Firewall.: This happened after I installed a Windows update. First I couldn't turn on Firewall and I used Malwarebytes Support Tool to fix that. Then I couldn't access the advanced settings or really everything that requires administrator privilege. I have administrator privilege but...
  3. Windows Firewall/Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Firewall/Windows Defender Firewall: I keep getting this security notification the says: "Firewall and Network Protection - Turn on Windows Firewall" see attached screenshots. 4 of the screenshots says/indicate that the firewall is turned on, but the security notification still pops up saying to turn on...
  4. Nortons Firewall Prevented Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nortons Firewall Prevented Access: About a month ago I finally set up a sharing network between my two PC's. My old computer has Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit), and my new one is Windows 10 Professional (64-bit). Everything was working perfectly, and just last night, I was not able to access the shared...
  5. Prevention of virus spread to home network

Prevention of virus spread to home network: Hi - I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this kind of question, my apologies if I am in the wrong place, and I will appreciate any direction to the right place! I am starting a small computer repair business shortly after the New Year, and I will be starting it...
  6. Windows Defender Firewall

Windows Defender Firewall: Hi, Any idea how to delete these, from the screenshot. I uninstalled PowerDVD but its left these rules behind on my firewall monitoring. [img] Thanks 131858
  7. Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Firewall: My computer has recently crashed twice in a row, then told me to turn on Windows Firewall Defender.However I am unable to turn it on at all, it provides me with this message when i try turning it on : Windows Firewall can't change some of your settings. Error code...
  8. Windows Defender Firewall

Windows Defender Firewall: I'm using windows 10 1709 home on one notebook and version 18 on another. How are Apps able to enable disabled firewall settings, and, have the ability to automatically allow other apps through the firewall? For example Zune, Cooking Fever, One Note...etc go from disabled to...
  9. Windows Defender Domain Firewall blocks my home network

Windows Defender Domain Firewall blocks my home network: For no reason that I can figure out, my home network stopped working. I got the 'you don't have permission' message. The only way I could get it to work was to turn off the Windows Defender Domain Firewall. Both the Private and Public firewalls are still on. It is just a...
  10. Computer not visible on network if Windows Defender Firewall is on

Computer not visible on network if Windows Defender Firewall is on: I have a computer on a private network that is not visible from any computer unless I turn off the Windows Defender Firewall. All are running Windows 10. Network settings for private network are the same for 5 computers. [img] The following services were all set as follows...