Windows 10: Windows Defender Firewall - Previously allowed APP disappears

Discus and support Windows Defender Firewall - Previously allowed APP disappears in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm having an issue with Defender firewall. I manually allow an app through the firewall on both public and private networks. The app works fine. When... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by joelshort, May 17, 2019.

1. joelshort Win User

Windows Defender Firewall - Previously allowed APP disappears

I'm having an issue with Defender firewall. I manually allow an app through the firewall on both public and private networks. The app works fine. When I restart the computer the approved app is no longer listed and the app does not work properly.

What I'm trying to do is use Teamviewer to remotely control an Intel NUC via the NUC IP address on a local area network. If I add Teamviewer to the list of apps through the firewall it works fine, but upon restart I cannot login to the NUC with Teamviewer and upon investigation the app is missing from the firewall approved apps.

This is with Windows 1809.

I have a second NUC running Windows 1803 and it does not have this problem.

Any thoughts?

:)

joelshort, May 17, 2019
  2. John Sarc Win User

Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, May 17, 2019
  3. Allow an app through Windows Firewall

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will help you regarding this.

I request you to try the below steps:

• Right click on Start menu icon.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Now select Windows Firewall.
    • Select "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall" from left hand side pane.
    • Select the app which you want to allow.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 17, 2019
  4. Windows Defender Firewall - Previously allowed APP disappears

Allow apps to communicate through Windows Defender Firewall

Hi,

Turning off the Windows Firewall allows threats that can compromise the security of your computer. To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution for your concerns, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To know, press
      Windows + R
      to open the Run window. Type winver
      and press Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What are the apps that you want to install that requires turning off the
      Windows Firewall?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Do you have any other anti-virus programs installed on your computer?
    • When was the last time that you scan your computer manually?

In addition, we recommend performing a full system scan for your computer to see if there are viruses, malware, malicious programs or script that prevents your computer to work properly. To do this, follow these steps:

Step #1: Perform a full system scan.

• Press Windows + S to open Search Box.
    • Type Windows Defender, then click it.
    • In Home tab, select Full under
      Scan options
    • Click Scan now to begin the thorough scanning of your computer.
    • Wait for the process to finish.
    • If there are any findings, send us the results through screenshot.
    • Before closing the application, make sure that Windows Defender is always turned on.

Step #2: Set a schedule on
    Windows Defender to perform periodic scans. Visit this link:
    Schedule a scan in Windows Defender Antivirus
    to know how to set scan schedules for your computer.

Get back to us once you provide us these additional information.

Johann Eva, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender Firewall - Previously allowed APP disappears

1. Windows Defender Firewall - Previously allowed APP disappears - Similar Threads - Defender Firewall Previously

2. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.: I can't allow applications through firewall in the Window Defender Firewall even though I logged in as an Administrator. I have tried changing the group policies and resetting to default firewall settings. I do not have third party anti-virus software or firewall software....
  3. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.: I can't allow applications through firewall in the Window Defender Firewall even though I logged in as an Administrator. I have tried changing the group policies and resetting to default firewall settings. I do not have third party anti-virus software or firewall software....
  4. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Allow apps to communicate through windows defender firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow apps to communicate through windows defender firewall: Hi,Can someone clarify something for me as simply as possible ?Can I disable WLAN Service- WFD application services Platform Coordination Protocol and WLAN Service- WFD Services Keenel Mode Driver Rules from “list of allowed apps to communicate through Windows defender...
  6. Microsoft Defender firewall list of allowed apps and functions

Microsoft Defender firewall list of allowed apps and functions: Hello all My game League of Legends, it is not on the Microsoft Defender firewall list of allowed apps and functions, and yet I can play it. All my other games is on the list. This is the case on both my laptop and main PC. How can this be? Have I somehow granted it access...
  7. Microsoft Defender firewall list of allowed apps and functions

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Defender firewall list of allowed apps and functions: Hello all My game League of Legends, it is not on the Microsoft Defender firewall list of allowed apps and functions, and yet I can play it. All my other games is on the list. This is the case on both my laptop and main PC. How can this be? Have I somehow granted it access...
  8. Allow an app throughtg the Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allow an app throughtg the Windows Defender Firewall: Windows is not allowing the Harrisgeospatial IDL through the firewall. [ATTACH] Any ideas to solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allow-an-app-throughtg-the-windows-defender/8802c33f-b880-4e0f-ad35-421ea023d52d
  9. Defender Firewall will not save "allowed app" rules

Defender Firewall will not save "allowed app" rules: I am having a persistent, ongoing problem with allowing apps through Windows Defender Firewall (Windows 10 Pro 1809). Basically, the firewall is not remembering when I add an app to the list. From the control panel I am going to "Allow apps to communicate through Windows...
  10. Windows Defender Firewall: Unknown app entries in the "Allow apps to communicate..." section

Windows Defender Firewall: Unknown app entries in the "Allow apps to communicate..." section: As the subject suggests, there's a list of unknown app source entries in the list. I wish to find out if these entries are legit or otherwise, but don't know how, and I was wondering if anyone could help me figure this out. The first 8 entry names in the list start with a...