Windows 10: Windows defender firewall won't turn on in windows 10 home edition.

Discus and support Windows defender firewall won't turn on in windows 10 home edition. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi can someone please help.me? My windows defender firewall won't turn on. I can even connect to the internet as the wifi icon is missing even the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mhedz025, Jul 22, 2019.

1. mhedz025 Win User

Windows defender firewall won't turn on in windows 10 home edition.

Hi can someone please help.me? My windows defender firewall won't turn on. I can even connect to the internet as the wifi icon is missing even the audio, video, camera and others are not working. I tried the adding mpssvc, scan check file, scan virus, uninstalling third party anti virus software but nothing worked. I am getting an error code : 87 when I tried to start the windows defender firewall in the service app. It won't let me perform system restore too.I don't know what to do anymore. I'm not knowledgable in computer and its software so please help.Thanks in advance.

:)

mhedz025, Jul 22, 2019
  2. Medyen Win User

Windows defender is turned off and won`t turn back on

Windows defender on windows 10 enterprise won`t turn on. This happened shortly after i updated it; when I try to turn it on it says:

This app has been turned off and it isn't monitoring your computer.

And right underneath it, it says:

If you are using another app for malicious and unwanted software use Security and Maintenance to check that app`s status.

Need for a response ASAP, thanks Windows defender firewall won't turn on in windows 10 home edition. :)

Medyen, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    windows defender firewall

Hi Faye,

Third-party antivirus programs usually have their own uninstallers provided by the software developer. We suggest checking the developer's website or contacting their support team for assistance with uninstalling their program. After fully uninstalling the
    third-party antivirus software, you may turn on Windows Defender by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center and press Enter.
    • Click Firewall and network protection.
    • Click Private (discoverable) network and click On.
    • Click Public (non-discoverable) network and click On.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Windows Defender.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 22, 2019
  4. jsfitz54 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows defender firewall won't turn on in windows 10 home edition. - Similar Threads - defender firewall won't

2. Windows Defender Firewall won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall won't start: After clicking on Use recommended settings, I get this error: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-firewall-wont-start/5bc3595c-509b-4462-9ced-c23393b993b8
  3. Microsoft Store won't open and Windows Defender Firewall will not turn on.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store won't open and Windows Defender Firewall will not turn on.: The Microsoft Store will not open, which I need to download the Xbox App. Also, Windows Defender Firewall is turned off and gives me the error 0x8007042c when trying to change the properties. I have read through different pages for hours trying to find a solution and still...
  4. Microsoft Store won't open and Windows Defender Firewall will not turn on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store won't open and Windows Defender Firewall will not turn on.: The Microsoft Store will not open, which I need to download the Xbox App. Also, Windows Defender Firewall is turned off and gives me the error 0x8007042c when trying to change the properties. I have read through different pages for hours trying to find a solution and still...
  5. Microsoft Store won't open and Windows Defender Firewall will not turn on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows Defender Firewall won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall won't start: Hello, The firewall of my son's PC does not run. It did run when I upgraded Windows 10 to Windows 11 but it stopped working soon after that. The system keeps asking me to turn the firewall on but it cannot be done. Could you please help? Here are some of the symptoms. 1. Task...
  7. Windows Defender Firewall won't start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Firewall won't start: Hello, The firewall of my son's PC does not run. It did run when I upgraded Windows 10 to Windows 11 but it stopped working soon after that. The system keeps asking me to turn the firewall on but it cannot be done. Could you please help? Here are some of the symptoms. 1. Task...
  8. Windows 10 Defender firewall will not turn on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Defender firewall will not turn on: I use Windows 10 on my laptop. I cannot turn on my firewall nor can I download any software, not even from Microsoft Store. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-defender-firewall-will-not-turn-on/8e5d8e0a-a222-4488-8b9e-a00582644d24
  9. Windows 10 Defender firewall will not turn on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Defender firewall will not turn on: I use Windows 10 on my laptop. I cannot turn on my firewall nor can I download any software, not even from Microsoft Store. If I can not download software then I can't reinstall my Windows 10. Any suggestions?...
  10. Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 build 16193, Windows Firewall has been renamed to Windows Defender Firewall. Windows Defender Firewall is designed to help prevent hackers or malicious software...