Windows 10: Windows Defender Firewall won't turn on when connected to my private network.

Discus and support Windows Defender Firewall won't turn on when connected to my private network. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 1909 and when connected to my private network at home the firewall in Windows Defender won't turn on at all, but when i go in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Rios991, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Windows Defender Firewall won't turn on when connected to my private network.

I am running Windows 10 1909 and when connected to my private network at home the firewall in Windows Defender won't turn on at all, but when i go in the control panel it says it is already enabled. I don't know if it's a bug or a malware infection at this point. Any tips?

submitted by /u/Rios991
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Rios991, Jan 1, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

windows defender firewall

Hi Faye,

Third-party antivirus programs usually have their own uninstallers provided by the software developer. We suggest checking the developer's website or contacting their support team for assistance with uninstalling their program. After fully uninstalling the
    third-party antivirus software, you may turn on Windows Defender by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center and press Enter.
    • Click Firewall and network protection.
    • Click Private (discoverable) network and click On.
    • Click Public (non-discoverable) network and click On.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Windows Defender.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 1, 2020
  3. Turning off Windows Defender Firewall fails

Hi seagiraffe,

I would suggest you turn the firewall off through Windows Defender Security Centre:

- Open Settings

- Select Update & Security

- Select Windows Security (left-hand side)

- Select Firewall & network protection (under the Protection areas heading)

- Select Domain network/private network/public network

- Toggle the switch to Off under the Windows Defender Firewall heading

- Note: you will need to do this for all three networks (domain, private, public)

You will see 'Action needed' from the Windows Defender taskbar/notification tray icon, however this is just because the firewall has been turned off.

Hope this helps,

Nathan

NathanT_06, Jan 1, 2020
  4. sheisel Win User

Windows Defender Firewall won't turn on when connected to my private network.

Computer not visible on network if Windows Defender Firewall is on

Thank you titetanium!

I allowed apps through the Defender firewall as suggested and all our computers are showing up now in the network. File sharing & Network Discovery were already allowed on private networks, but allowing on public networks in addition seemed to do the trick. Since it is a private network, I didn't think it necessary to allow on public networks, but apparently it is.
    Thanks again for your help.

sheisel, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender Firewall won't turn on when connected to my private network.

1. Windows Defender Firewall won't turn on when connected to my private network. - Similar Threads - Defender Firewall won't

2. Microsoft Store won't open and Windows Defender Firewall will not turn on.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store won't open and Windows Defender Firewall will not turn on.: The Microsoft Store will not open, which I need to download the Xbox App. Also, Windows Defender Firewall is turned off and gives me the error 0x8007042c when trying to change the properties. I have read through different pages for hours trying to find a solution and still...
  3. Microsoft Store won't open and Windows Defender Firewall will not turn on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store won't open and Windows Defender Firewall will not turn on.: The Microsoft Store will not open, which I need to download the Xbox App. Also, Windows Defender Firewall is turned off and gives me the error 0x8007042c when trying to change the properties. I have read through different pages for hours trying to find a solution and still...
  4. Microsoft Store won't open and Windows Defender Firewall will not turn on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Defender Firewall won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall won't start: Hello, The firewall of my son's PC does not run. It did run when I upgraded Windows 10 to Windows 11 but it stopped working soon after that. The system keeps asking me to turn the firewall on but it cannot be done. Could you please help? Here are some of the symptoms. 1. Task...
  6. configure firewall and security settings for a private network of connected computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    configure firewall and security settings for a private network of connected computers: I am trying to connect my brother mfc printer. I work for a non profit business and we have 2 computers that are hardwired from the printer to the router. WHAT DO MY FIREWALL AND SECURITY SETTINGS NEED TO BE IN ORDER TO MAKE SURE MY DEVICE IS CONNECTED PROPERLY TO A NETWORK,...
  7. Firewall won't turn on?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall won't turn on?: I am trying to turn on my firewall, but I keep getting this message. When I click use recommended settings, the error dialog box pops up. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-wont-turn-on/fd28b351-60af-4345-b841-4b185baf7f11
  8. Windows defender firewall won't turn on in windows 10 home edition.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows defender firewall won't turn on in windows 10 home edition.: Hi can someone please help.me? My windows defender firewall won't turn on. I can even connect to the internet as the wifi icon is missing even the audio, video, camera and others are not working. I tried the adding mpssvc, scan check file, scan virus, uninstalling third party...
  9. Windows Firewall Private Profile Turn OFF

Windows Firewall Private Profile Turn OFF: Hi, I was trying to turn on Network Discovery and enable file sharing (not Homegroup). I'd like to connect to a SMB fileserver running on a linux server on my local home network. When I went to "Network", Windows 10 told me to enable network discovery through a popup...
  10. Private Network Connection

Private Network Connection: Why does my personal HP Windows 10 laptop show in Windows Defender Firewall that I am "Connected" to "Guest or public networks" even when I disconnect from my xfinity modem and "forget" my "known network" credentials? I can't figure out what I am "connected" to? [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is defender firewall connected

2. windows defender now to connect private networks