Windows 10: Windows Defender Firewall

Discus and support Windows Defender Firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Any idea how to delete these, from the screenshot. I uninstalled PowerDVD but its left these rules behind on my firewall monitoring. [img]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kuyenmotdivad, May 1, 2019.

1. Windows Defender Firewall

Hi,

Any idea how to delete these, from the screenshot. I uninstalled PowerDVD but its left these rules behind on my firewall monitoring.

Windows Defender Firewall [​IMG]

Thanks

:)

kuyenmotdivad, May 1, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

windows defender firewall

Hi Faye,

Third-party antivirus programs usually have their own uninstallers provided by the software developer. We suggest checking the developer's website or contacting their support team for assistance with uninstalling their program. After fully uninstalling the
    third-party antivirus software, you may turn on Windows Defender by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center and press Enter.
    • Click Firewall and network protection.
    • Click Private (discoverable) network and click On.
    • Click Public (non-discoverable) network and click On.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Windows Defender.

Yolvi Ell, May 1, 2019
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Windows Defender Firewall error code 0x800706d9

Hi AnudieKatz.

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Since you are facing an issue with the Windows Defender firewall, I would like to ask you few questions to get a better picture.

1. Are you using any other Anti-virus software?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Have you tried installing Picture viewer and Calendar app after it getting uninstalled?

Based on your information, I would like to inform you that if you are using third party anti-virus program Windows defender will automatically turn off from your system you will not able turn it on manually.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1: Check the following services and ensure it is started.

1. Press Windows and R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Services.msc and hit Enter.
    3. Search for the following services:
    • Base filtering engine Service
    • Remote Procedure Call Service
    • Windows defender firewall service
    4. Start the above services and reboot the device.

Method 2: I would suggest you to try running the troubleshooter to enable the firewall. Use the below link to run the troubleshooter.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...agnose-and-fix-problems-with-windows-firewall

If you are still facing the same issue after following the above steps, revert with the details asked.

Hope it helps.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, May 1, 2019
  4. Windows Defender Firewall

firewall

Hi Jackie,

For you to be able to get to your firewall, please follow the steps below:

• Go to start Button.
    • Open Windows defender Security Center.
    • Then go to Firewall & network protection.
    • Then choose a network profile.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender Firewall

1. Windows Defender Firewall - Similar Threads - Defender Firewall

2. Windows Defender Update Stuck at 99% with Firewall Virus Alert

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender Update Stuck at 99% with Firewall Virus Alert: Hello, I have updated two computers to version 1903 on Windows 10 Pro. After the upgrade is complete, the Windows Defender Update gets stuck at 99%. At the same time, the firewall sends a notification that is blocking a virus called Aiis-6803892-0 from the download IP...
  3. Defender, Firewall & Microsoft Store cannot open. Please Help

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Defender, Firewall & Microsoft Store cannot open. Please Help: Last week, I try to open calculator and there a a popup writes "This app can't open" and i try to open Microsoft Store but it wont launch. So, I've try everything that i can find in the internet like reset, powershell & CDM. It still does not working. Also, the WSReset.exe...
  4. Windows Defender Firewall showing On and Off at the same time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Firewall showing On and Off at the same time: Windows starts with all firewall indications being on. After a few minutes it reports that it is off in the system tray and in Windows Security, but reports on in services.msc and Control Panel. I think it's really on because if I reset the firewall defaults and then try to...
  5. Windows 10 Firewall Blocks Defender Update

Windows 10 Firewall Blocks Defender Update: Hi, all. I just joined minutes ago. My Windows 10 Firewall blocks my Defender from downloading new definitions (WTF???). It used to work fine. If I turn off Firewall, it updates no problem. I've created as many inbound and outbound rules as I can think of for all of the...
  6. How to stealth ports in Windows Defender Firewall?

How to stealth ports in Windows Defender Firewall?: Hi, when my Windows 10x64 notebook is behind the router all ports come out stealth (green) in the ShieldsUP! scanner. But when the notebook is directly connected to the cablemodem (wired) or in public wifi places the scanner shows ports mostly closed, some stealth and one...
  7. Windows Defender Firewall - Previously allowed APP disappears

Windows Defender Firewall - Previously allowed APP disappears: I'm having an issue with Defender firewall. I manually allow an app through the firewall on both public and private networks. The app works fine. When I restart the computer the approved app is no longer listed and the app does not work properly. What I'm trying to do is...
  8. Windows Defender Firewall default block action not intuitive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall default block action not intuitive: Can someone please help me understand why the default action for Windows Defender Firewall is to allow "Public networks, such as those in airports and coffee shops (not recommended) because these networks often have little or no security". Everytime this message comes up I...
  9. Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Firewall: My computer has recently crashed twice in a row, then told me to turn on Windows Firewall Defender.However I am unable to turn it on at all, it provides me with this message when i try turning it on : Windows Firewall can't change some of your settings. Error code...
  10. Windows Defender Firewall

Windows Defender Firewall: I'm using windows 10 1709 home on one notebook and version 18 on another. How are Apps able to enable disabled firewall settings, and, have the ability to automatically allow other apps through the firewall? For example Zune, Cooking Fever, One Note...etc go from disabled to...