Windows 10: Windows defender fix for spam email link

Discus and support Windows defender fix for spam email link in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I stupidly clicked on a link in an email i then realised was spam. I've since run the full scan and offline scan in windows defender, but i'm... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MartinCottrell1, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Windows defender fix for spam email link

I stupidly clicked on a link in an email i then realised was spam. I've since run the full scan and offline scan in windows defender, but i'm interested to know if that would have fixed any potential virus/malware I could have on my PC

the email was from 'Officeworks <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>; on behalf of; Officeworks <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>'

the link was <http://takafora.com/order>

Can;t believe it got me but i had actually done something with officeworks recently so i thought it was legit and clicked without thinking!

I'm asking because i'm curious how up to date Windows defender is with respect to these sort of scams. By nature there will always be a time lag from a 'new' virus and windows defender working out the threat and scanning for it.

Thanks,

Martin

:)

MartinCottrell1, Sep 25, 2018

2. Spam Emails for pop3

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

• Which email address is configured in the Mail app?

If you have Outlook.com configured then you may refer to the suggestions provided by “Dhenz S” from this thread to check if that helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...tlookcom/b9b4b3f4-506d-46bd-a723-dc198bfaa14d

You need to look at the “View installed Updates” screen to see the list of recently installed updates.

Follow these steps to view installed updates:

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Programs and Features”.

• Click on “View Installed Updates”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Windows Messenger Confirmation Email

No It didnt appear in my spam box but I updated to Windows live Messenger which sent the confirmation email and also verified windows messenger. Ty everyone for there suggestions

Warlord213, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Windows defender fix for spam email link

Lots Of Daily Spam Emails

Hi:

Yep, once the spammers get your email address, you're pretty much guaranteed to get more and more spam (as they sell their addresses to other spammers). It's hard to stop the process, once it is in full gear.
    Alas, as you suggested, the fact that you replied to any of the spams and clicked any links to "unsubscribe" likely means that you have, indeed, verified your email address for the spammers.
    So that may have only made matters worse.
    Obvious spam messages are best deleted without previewing them, without opening them, without clicking on any links and certainly without opening any attachments.

As a general rule, it's dangerous to click ANY link in ANY email (even from a "known", "safe" sender whose emails may be spoofed or hijacked). It's also dangerous even to "preview" emails (in html vs. plain text), as the html message could itself be malicious, even without a malicious attachment.

As @dalchina mentioned, we do not know what email client you're using (Outlook, Thunderbird, another 3rd-party program, etc.). Most have some sort of anti-spam features, as do many internet security suites.
    A 3rd-party anti-spam program may be of some benefit, although it may not stop the problem 100%.
    In addition to the suggestions already offered, Mailwasher Pro (Free or Paid) allows one to safely preview messages while they are still on the server. Spam can be both reported and deleted before it gets to your local email client. It affords an extra layer of safety/security.
    And certain 3rd-party anti-exploit programs, such as Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium (MBAE Premium) and HitmanPro Alert (HMPA) can help to shield your email client from exploits delivering malware via email.

And, yes, most major companies and ISPs and webmail providers do offer a means to report fraud/spam. If you're being truly bombarded, that process may be a bit laborious, but it would not hurt.

No software product, however, can protect 100% of computers from 100% of malware 100% of the time.
    Ultimately, the user is the first and last line of computer defense by practicing safe computing practices.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows defender fix for spam email link

1. Windows defender fix for spam email link - Similar Threads - defender fix spam

2. emails, spam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    emails, spam: getting scam emails everyday. Who can I forward then to for them to stop. Email does not have a place to say unsubscribe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-spam/a04ff310-e05e-4e38-a997-9a4533dfeda3
  3. emails, spam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    emails, spam: getting scam emails everyday. Who can I forward then to for them to stop. Email does not have a place to say unsubscribe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-spam/a04ff310-e05e-4e38-a997-9a4533dfeda3
  4. Spam Email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Spam Email: Hello all!I was recently sent a spam email that says they have hacked all of my devices that I access my email from, and has access to all my search history. The person is threatening to publicly release lewd videos of me if I do not send them money over bitcoin. I have virus...
  5. SPAM EMAILS

SPAM EMAILS: What is with the spam emails coming from "onmicrosoft.com" they just don't stop. I will find an email address for your company and forward them all to you.I am retired so I have the time and patients to do this.Carl...
  6. Is this a spam email?

Is this a spam email?: Order request verificationDear customer,This email confirms your purchase of the following subscription: Order ID5478VP24021N8954Name of Application:Win VPN Adv ProSubscription Period2 YrsRenewal Price259.99Payment MethodAuto Debit from CC/DC/CAThe subscription period will...
  7. spam emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    spam emails: my account seems to have been hacked and im recieving thousands of spam emails, how can i get this to stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spam-emails/b7540717-f311-420a-a42f-f3068e180734"
  8. spam emails

spam emails: I am new to Windows 10 and although it seems great and all, I have noticed that I have a ridiculous amount of spam in my emails albit mostly in my junk folder. I can't seem to find a way to report the spam that I'm getting. Is this a common problem? Any suggestions?...
  9. email spam

email spam: I am receiving about 40 emails a day from a company that seems to be a marketing agent for many other companies , over the weekend I received 69 ------the emails are advertisements for many well know companies such as terminix , adt ,quicken , etc------------------I never...
  10. Spam Link

Spam Link: Most times when i'm on facebook i find this message keeps popping up on my page. Does anyone know what this means? http://safety.microsoft.com.erlmainz.bcgdwnhuhxwh3bzak.stream/ow/en/index.php...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where to find your spam mailbox with windows defender

2. windows defender email link