Windows 10: Windows Defender flagged my C++ Program as Trojan

Discus and support Windows Defender flagged my C++ Program as Trojan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was Working on Sublime Text 3 and wrote a Simple Hello World Program when I compiled it and tried to run the executable Windows Defender flagged... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MewMoon7, May 2, 2020.

1. MewMoon7 Win User

Windows Defender flagged my C++ Program as Trojan

I was Working on Sublime Text 3 and wrote a Simple Hello World Program

when I compiled it and tried to run the executable Windows Defender flagged the executable

Hello.exe as Trojan..

Windows Defender flagged my C++ Program as Trojan 5880ecaf-eb4a-4c7f-8f83-f53e7b350336?upload=true.png

it was just a C++ Hello World Program...

:)

MewMoon7, May 2, 2020

2. C# EXE and MSI considered as trojan by Windows Defender on Windows 10

Hi,

I developed a C# exe and a service (Windows Service). Few Windows 10 machines flag that as having Trojan Win32\Critet.BS. Which is false positive. Is there a way to report that to Microsoft and know what
    might be causing it.

Reason is for a user seeing this warning by Defender is scary. Any link/tutorial or suggestions will be helpful

Deepak.cvo, May 2, 2020
  3. Defender flags a Trojan in Pulse VPN install exe file

I need to install the Pulse VPN client, but Defender flags the following Trojan in it "Trojan:Win32/Varpes.K!cl".

I loaded 2 other malware/AV packages and neither flagged the same issue. Is this a Defender false-positive?

fasteddie(2), May 2, 2020
  4. Windows Defender flagged my C++ Program as Trojan

Defender flags a Trojan in Pulse VPN install exe file

Thx for the suggestions. When I looked in properties it seemed to suggest it was v8.x, yet the last version I could find to download was v5.x so seemed a bit of a mismatch. I tried 4 or 5 other anti-virus/malware scanners and none flagged this Trojan in
    the file. Anyway I took it to our IT to sort out and they got it installed, although I suspect all they did was treat it as a false-positive and Allowed it Defender!

fasteddie(2), May 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender flagged my C++ Program as Trojan

1. Windows Defender flagged my C++ Program as Trojan - Similar Threads - Defender flagged C++

2. Flagged Trojan in Icloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flagged Trojan in Icloud: file: C:\Users\currenuser\AppData\Local\Packages\AppleInc.iCloud_nzyj5cx40ttqa\LocalCache\Local\Apple Inc\iCloudDriveAppData\Staging\FC8DD936-A1AF-4ED1-B622-6D12652A3874.binI am getting this notification about a trojan but i am kind of sure it is a false positive. I tried...
  3. Flagged Trojan in Icloud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flagged Trojan in Icloud: file: C:\Users\currenuser\AppData\Local\Packages\AppleInc.iCloud_nzyj5cx40ttqa\LocalCache\Local\Apple Inc\iCloudDriveAppData\Staging\FC8DD936-A1AF-4ED1-B622-6D12652A3874.binI am getting this notification about a trojan but i am kind of sure it is a false positive. I tried...
  4. Company name and specific website URL flags Windows Defender as a Trojan.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Company name and specific website URL flags Windows Defender as a Trojan.: Adding the phrase "vShepherd.com" or "vShepherd" to a text file, python file, C# program or any file in general, it flags the software as a trojan.This is genuinely annoying because we can't sign our company name on our company software.It flags it as a...
  5. Company name and specific website URL flags Windows Defender as a Trojan.

Company name and specific website URL flags Windows Defender as a Trojan.: Adding the phrase "vShepherd.com" or "vShepherd" to a text file, python file, C# program or any file in general, it flags the software as a trojan.This is genuinely annoying because we can't sign our company name on our company software.It flags it as a...
  6. Defender Flags "StorageMonitor.exe"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender Flags "StorageMonitor.exe": I upgraded my MB from an Asus Z390-e to an Asus Z790-e.....,when the Asus drivers and programs were loaded, "amsi: \Device\HarddiskVolume13\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp\StorageMonitor.exe" was installed.Windows Defender says that program is a...
  7. Defender Flags "StorageMonitor.exe"

Defender Flags "StorageMonitor.exe": I upgraded my MB from an Asus Z390-e to an Asus Z790-e.....,when the Asus drivers and programs were loaded, "amsi: \Device\HarddiskVolume13\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp\StorageMonitor.exe" was installed.Windows Defender says that program is a...
  8. Trojan flagged from main computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trojan flagged from main computer.: Here is my situation: I have 2 virtual machines. One windows and one linux. I coded a trojan on my linux vm. Windows defender on my host machine was not alerted. I transferred the file to my windows vm and windows defender picked it up right away from my host machine. Is this...
  9. Defender Flagged Windows ISO

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Flagged Windows ISO: Performed a manual WD quick scan. It flagged a PUA as severe, Active. PUA:Win32/Shoppers. Examining (Defender History) the threat with Defender to my surprise revealed: [img] The ISO was downloaded from the download link provided on (Windows News)this Forum. Did Windows...
  10. trojan windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    trojan windows defender: I change over to windows defender a few months ago and I just had my first fake trojan. I just go to very safe sites and got hit with the fake trojan, sorry, forgot to write any info down. I had seen it before on friends computers and cleaned it out, it wants you to call...