Windows 10: Windows defender found 4 threats. Are they normal or are they viruses?

Discus and support Windows defender found 4 threats. Are they normal or are they viruses? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; PUA:Win32InstallCore PUA:Win32/InstallCore.LL PUA:Win32/InstallCore.M!sms PUA:Win32/InstallCore submitted by /u/Theoutbreakdotguv [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Theoutbreakdotguv, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Windows defender found 4 threats. Are they normal or are they viruses?

PUA:Win32InstallCore

PUA:Win32/InstallCore.LL

PUA:Win32/InstallCore.M!sms

PUA:Win32/InstallCore

submitted by /u/Theoutbreakdotguv
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Theoutbreakdotguv, Sep 9, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat

Windows defender has started to identify C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe as a threat [normally reported as a Trojan Powessere.G]. I use mshta.exe to run an hta custom MsgBox - I have been hoping to keep using my current CustomMsgBox tool [batch file calling a vbs-hta file] until later this year when I hope to have had enough time to replace it with a PowerShell alternative.

Windows defender's notification lets me "allow the threat" but that seems to me to be a bigger security hole than is necessary - it will now ignore a potentially real intrusion when all I want to run is a genuine Windows component. My immediate problem is fixed but I would prefer to fix the false positive using the exclusions list.

I cleared the 'Allowed threats history' so I could use the exclusions list instead. I added C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe to the file exclusions list and I checked that it had taken properly by checking the exclusions list both in the UI & in the Registry. But the exclusion made no difference, it continued to detect and block the exe.

I have repeated the attempt several times [by clearing the allowed threats list & exclusions list beforehand] and the results are the same every time
    - allowing the threat works,
    - using the exclusions list has no effect.

I studied the relevant tutorial but have not spotted an error in what I have been doing - Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions

Does anybody with experience of using the exclusions list to counter false positives have any suggestions for me?

Denis

Try3, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Windows Defender is blocking too much saying it viruses

Hi Sam,

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, Controlled Folder Access is turned on, blocking most apps that you're using. We suggest that you turn it off to allow blocked apps in Windows Defender. Follow the steps below:

• Select Start > Settings.
    • Choose Update & security > Windows Defender.
    • Select Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Select Virus & threat protection, and then choose Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off.
    • Once done, try accessing the apps and see if you can now access them.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Anne Ros, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Windows defender found 4 threats. Are they normal or are they viruses?

WD: "Threat services has stopped" I'm unable to restart/reactivate.

I am not able to activate viruses and threat protection in windows defender

it says threat services has stopped. Restart it now. But nothing happens.

I tried but I am not able to activate viruses and threat

any suggestions regarding this issue? please do reply

* Original title: windows defender

Insiya_1996, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows defender found 4 threats. Are they normal or are they viruses?

1. Windows defender found 4 threats. Are they normal or are they viruses? - Similar Threads - defender found threats

2. Virus and threat protection page not found

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus and threat protection page not found: Good day Supporting TeamWhenever I try to go to the virus and threat area on my settings, my computer tells me the page I am looking for is no longer available and I must contact my IT Administrator for help.Regards...
  3. Windows Defender Threats Found Problem

Windows Defender Threats Found Problem: I got a problem where windows defender finds a deleted file that it thinks is a malware, when i try to remove it, it just appear again this is very annoying because i think its the one logging me out of my browsers...
  4. Found Threats in Windows Defender

Found Threats in Windows Defender: My windows defender found 4 threats after a full scan and I don't know what to do so I Quick scan it and it said no threats found is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/found-threats-in-windows-defender/b5832adb-1f92-4d2b-90ec-b702e70f2691
  5. How could it be that Microsoft Defender Anti Virus found threats but is not capable of...

How could it be that Microsoft Defender Anti Virus found threats but is not capable of...: Note: This subject was discussed in Case #:1018823600 in Israel March 9, 2021 my problem in short: Microsoft Defender Anti Virus Windows 10 is detecting threats on my computer but is not able to root them out or to do anything. Here is how it goes: 1. I am disabling my...
  6. Windows defender Full Scan no threats found but says after that threats are found

Windows defender Full Scan no threats found but says after that threats are found: Hi, I recently ran into an issue with windows defender where when I run a full scan the result is: No current threats found and 0 threats found. Then when I restart my computer and look at the message again I get this: [ATTACH] Instead of 0 threats found it says -664...
  7. Windows Defender Virus & Threat Protection

Windows Defender Virus & Threat Protection: Windows Defender does not run scans or allow me to update settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-virus-threat-protection/cada3eda-6c30-472b-a292-40efa4fb820e
  8. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection: Ransom ware protection says "Setup One Drive" I enter my email and it says your one drive is already synced for that address. Yet Defender still says you need to set up Onedrive for ransomware protection. We have been issued with a ransomware threat from and unknown...
  9. Windows Defender pop-up "Virus & Threats" says Threats found by antivirus

Windows Defender pop-up "Virus & Threats" says Threats found by antivirus: I have scanned and run troubleshooter etc. The report says NO THREATs but a pop-up with notification sound keeps going off. I click and it shows details: items quarantined. I click "remove" … they are removed. Seconds later the whole thing happens again. Same warning,...
  10. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection: Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection turns off and won't restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-defender-virus-and-threat-detection/a5ac7da0-b8d0-4fed-9ac4-0ecc992a2059"