Windows 10: Windows Defender found a problem that no longer exists

Discus and support Windows Defender found a problem that no longer exists in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So windows found a threat, one I tried to get it to remove but it failed to do so so i went to the file location and deleted it manually. Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ScoopyVN, Nov 24, 2020.

1. ScoopyVN Win User

Windows Defender found a problem that no longer exists

So windows found a threat, one I tried to get it to remove but it failed to do so so i went to the file location and deleted it manually. Windows defender however is still saying it is a threat, but is also still unable to remove it. What should I do?

:)

ScoopyVN, Nov 24, 2020

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Defender updates no longer shown

Sorry but I just want to see Defender updates listed in my update history. Updates for office 2010 etc are shown so why not Windows Defender?

ThomasLangford, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Windows Defender found a problem that no longer exists

Defender updates no longer shown

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Type defender in the search box.
    • Click on update.
    • Check for the date on which defender is being updated.
    • If the recent date is mentioned then it will not show in the Automatic Updates.
    • Also click on update definition and check if any update is pending.
    Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender found a problem that no longer exists

1. Windows Defender found a problem that no longer exists - Similar Threads - Defender found problem

2. Windows defender packages not existing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender packages not existing: At the beginning i would like to sorry for my english.Basically i don't have any traces of windows defender packages. I have services from defender but not packages. When i open windows security center i can't enable any option. When i'm trying to open security center i got...
  3. Windows defender packages not existing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender packages not existing: At the beginning i would like to sorry for my english.Basically i don't have any traces of windows defender packages. I have services from defender but not packages. When i open windows security center i can't enable any option. When i'm trying to open security center i got...
  4. Windows defender packages not existing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Defender Threats Found Problem

Windows Defender Threats Found Problem: I got a problem where windows defender finds a deleted file that it thinks is a malware, when i try to remove it, it just appear again this is very annoying because i think its the one logging me out of my browsers...
  6. Minecraft account no longer exists.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft account no longer exists.: When I migrated my Minecraft account I requested to change my email address associated with my Mojang account from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I was given this link...
  7. Deleting Service that no longer exist

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleting Service that no longer exist: How do I delete a service that keeps having an error log in the event viewer? The folder from that directory no longer existed that is why it keeps having an error....
  8. Specified Path no found or exist

Specified Path no found or exist: Whenever i reboot the windows it shows the following prompt/error.[ATTACH] This also happens whenever it tries to open apps installed from Microsoft Apps....
  9. Windows Defender does not exist in Windows

Windows Defender does not exist in Windows: tomorrow i just updating my pc's driver via driver pack solution. and after completing the update when i looking for windows defender... i am stunned there is no windows defender... even i search, but the windows defender is not exists in my pc... please help... [Original...
  10. Showing folders that no longer exist.

in Windows 10 Support
    Showing folders that no longer exist.: I deleted a handful of folders a couple days ago while under Win7x64, now i've upped to Win10 it's showing those folders under pictures. obviously i can't access folders that don't exist, which also means I can't delete them, because they don't exist......but they are still...