Windows 10: Windows Defender freeze when opening history

Discus and support Windows Defender freeze when opening history in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. When I try to open security history of Windows Defender it freeze and doesn't respond and after a while it just turns off and doesn't leave any... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MikołajKozak, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Windows Defender freeze when opening history

Hello. When I try to open security history of Windows Defender it freeze and doesn't respond and after a while it just turns off and doesn't leave any bug report of something. It's still stays hidden on taskbar and is running. Thank you in advance for help.

:)

MikołajKozak, Sep 21, 2019
  2. davidhk Win User

Definition updates for Windows Defender no longer show up on history?

They no longer are listed under View your update history page.
    All installed WD definitions go directly to Windows Defender.
    If you open WD and click Update tab at the top, you'll see the latest definition listed as well as the date and time installed.

davidhk, Sep 21, 2019
  3. bobjoe Win User
    Definition updates for Windows Defender no longer show up on history?

Oh okay, so I guess it isn't just me.

But is there a reason they changed this?

Also, am I right in thinking this was only changed recently? I remember quite well seeing Windows Defender updates on Windows Update history list. I am starting to think this was changed on Jan 12 patch Tuesday.

bobjoe, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Windows Defender freeze when opening history

Windows Defender How to view Scan History

Hello John,

You may check the the scan history by following these steps:

• Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Click Virus & threat protection.
    • Select the Scan history label.

Windows Defender freeze when opening history 897fe56b-61d4-4ce1-9416-41720af6273e?upload=true.jpg

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Antoneth Ber, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender freeze when opening history

1. Windows Defender freeze when opening history - Similar Threads - Defender freeze opening

2. Windows Defender crashing when opening protection history.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender crashing when opening protection history.: Windows Defender crashing when opening protection history. My Windows 10 is updated.What can i do ?Thanks for your help !Windows log :Nom de l’application défaillante SecHealthUI.exe, version : 10.0.19041.2075, horodatage : 0xff3411feNom du module défaillant : KERNELBASE.dll,...
  3. Windows Defender crashing when opening protection history.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender crashing when opening protection history.: Windows Defender crashing when opening protection history. My Windows 10 is updated.What can i do ?Thanks for your help !Windows log :Nom de l’application défaillante SecHealthUI.exe, version : 10.0.19041.2075, horodatage : 0xff3411feNom du module défaillant : KERNELBASE.dll,...
  4. Windows Defender crashing when opening protection history.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Why I am not able to open protection history. When trying to open it defender will close.

Why I am not able to open protection history. When trying to open it defender will close.: why i am not able to open protection history when trying to open defender will close * Original title: defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-i-am-not-able-to-open-protection-history-when/18533495-18de-4098-b9b8-4290eddbe805
  6. Not delete history in Windows Defender

Not delete history in Windows Defender: Hi, I haven't been able to clear some elements of the Defender history for a while. I try all sorts of ways, but part of the story rubs, another doesn't want to.Everything is erased from the story, but here are the ones I can't delete, which says:Protected memory access...
  7. Windows Defender History

Windows Defender History: Just a little while ago Defender reported it detected something severe. I should have noted the file and location, but in my haste I did not. I asked Defender to remove the offending file. When I saw it classed it as severe I just started running scans. Malwarebytes (free...
  8. HI. When I'm going to windows defender's protection history it freezes and crashes without...

HI. When I'm going to windows defender's protection history it freezes and crashes without...: [ATTACH]When I'm going to windows defender's protection history it freezes and crashes without any error. Can any body help me? please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-when-im-going-to-windows-defenders-protection/4c0267dd-865f-4a0b-b7be-dddf3fef1199
  9. Windows Defender crashing when I open protection history.

Windows Defender crashing when I open protection history.: I'm using windows 10 and this started happening about a day before. When I open windows defender to check my protection history I have ransomware protection turned on and have to check it regularly, the program freezes for about 15 seconds and I cannot click on anything....
  10. Protection History in Windows Defender doesn't open

Protection History in Windows Defender doesn't open: Every time i click on protection history in windows defender, the app freezes and then crashes. I don't know how to fix this problem. I have all updates installed, ran sfc/scannow command, rebooted 5 times and still the problem exists. https://imgur.com/a/hrIVdiJ...