Windows 10: Windows Defender full scan taken over 24 hours and still running ...

Discus and support Windows Defender full scan taken over 24 hours and still running ... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there About 9.15am yesterday I initiated a full scan. This morning, over 24 hours later it is still running. Late last night it said there was... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Backoch, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Backoch Win User

Windows Defender full scan taken over 24 hours and still running ...

Hi there

About 9.15am yesterday I initiated a full scan. This morning, over 24 hours later it is still running.

Late last night it said there was just over an hour left, this morning it says there is nearly 4 hours left.

Some time yesterday evening a red cross appeared beside 'current threats' but that was later replaced by a green tick.

This cannot be normal. Anyone got any ideas what could be wrong?

Many thanks

Backoch 60

:)

Backoch, Jan 27, 2021
  2. RyanH4 Win User

24-Hour Quick Scan (Windows Defender)

Windows Defender was still doing a quick scan on my computer after 23 hours, so I just shut it down. Quick scans have always taken minutes on my computer, so I can't figure this out. It's not like I have the Defense Department's database in my computer.
    Please help; I got rid of Norton thinking Windows Defender could do the job.

RyanH4, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Windows Defender scan took close to 24 hours

Why after full scan that took close to 24 hours to complete and the last time I checked had reviewed over 1,700,000 files, when I get back to Defender I get a message that the last scan was a quick scan. This is the second time it happens, the first was
    after a virus - Trojan attack that I could only fix by restoring only this time I do not have the tell tale signs of my last attack, maybe except for this glitch. Could it be something Defender could not pick up.

[Original title: Rafael]

RafaelPerezCrespo, Jan 27, 2021
  4. BTC55 Win User

Windows Defender - Quick Scan

Windows defender no longer offers a quick scan option.

My options are:

• Scan
    • Advanced Scan
    • Full Scan
    • Custom Scan
    • Windows Defender Offline scan
    Whichever option I check, the scan will need to run for hours to complete.

Is a quick scan available?

How do I restore this feature?

BTC55, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Defender full scan taken over 24 hours and still running ... - Similar Threads - Defender full scan

2. Defender offline and full scan show infection. Downloaded MSERT. It's run over 24 hours and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender offline and full scan show infection. Downloaded MSERT. It's run over 24 hours and...: I refreshed Win 10 saving data. Updated immediately and ran offline scan. Infected but unable to resolve. Ran full scan. It showed pages of infection. Tried to resolve. Failed. Downloaded MSERT and ran . It froze at about 80 percent. Still at this point after 44 hours. A...
  3. Defender offline and full scan show infection. Downloaded MSERT. It's run over 24 hours and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender offline and full scan show infection. Downloaded MSERT. It's run over 24 hours and...: I refreshed Win 10 saving data. Updated immediately and ran offline scan. Infected but unable to resolve. Ran full scan. It showed pages of infection. Tried to resolve. Failed. Downloaded MSERT and ran . It froze at about 80 percent. Still at this point after 44 hours. A...
  4. Defender offline and full scan show infection. Downloaded MSERT. It's run over 24 hours and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 35 HOURS for a Full Windows Defender Scan??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    35 HOURS for a Full Windows Defender Scan??: Windows Defender is telling me it's going to take an estimated 35 hours to do a full system scan. Certainly this isn't normal.. submitted by /u/osowavy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e7ngx2/35_hours_for_a_full_windows_defender_scan/
  6. Troubles running a full scan with Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Troubles running a full scan with Windows Defender: I've tried a few times today to run a full scan on my comp. My PC is pretty old and this is my CPU (Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K). My IOS is Windows 10 with the latest update. I've looked up solutions on google of course and haven't had any luck. submitted by...
  7. Windows Defender Full Scan takes 35 Hours

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Full Scan takes 35 Hours: Hello, recently I have undated Windows Version(1903) and runed a full scan on Windows Defender. It writes, that 35 Hours is needed to complete a scan. Is this normal ? (No other antivirus Software is installed on PC). Earlier such a scan needed max 2 hours. Thanks for...
  8. Microsoft update h been running for over 24 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft update h been running for over 24 hours: The new update has been running for over 24 hours now and remains stuck at 81% for over 7. I need my computer for work and feel like i am being held hostage! What can i do to get rid of this?...
  9. I'm running a full scan and it's taking over 30 hours to complete.

I'm running a full scan and it's taking over 30 hours to complete.: I'm running a full virus scan and the more files it scans the higher the estimated completion time goes. It's now over 30 hours....
  10. Unable to run full scan on Windows Defender

Unable to run full scan on Windows Defender: I am unable to run a full scan on Windows Defender - the scan runs extremely slowly (only a dozen files per minute) and often hangs. The issue isn't that I have too many files - I've used only half of my available space and full scan worked perfectly well before I upgraded to...