Windows 10: windows defender geniune error?

Discus and support windows defender geniune error? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello I have looked around but cant find any answer to this. I own a Lenova laptop, installed with Windows 10 Home. I am the sole user. Once, when... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by davidfishwick1, Jun 11, 2019.

1. windows defender geniune error?

Hello I have looked around but cant find any answer to this. I own a Lenova laptop, installed with Windows 10 Home. I am the sole user. Once, when attempting to download a game I caught some kind of Trojan which was buried in it. At the next system restart, I had this very scarey notification pop up in the notifications section. It said: "Windows Defender has encountered a serious threat to its existence and will shut down. Until the threat has passed, your virus and threat service will be managed remotely by Microsoft". The message looked totally genuine and came with the Defender icon. When I then checked, Windows defender AV had inded turned off and I saw "Your virus and threat service is managed by your organization". I have found many references to "Virus and threat service managed by organization" message, but NONE about the error I received in relation to Microsoft taking over the Virus service itself remotely (I assumed that the orgainsation in this case was Microsoft so I wasn't too concerned with the error). Later i realized by system was just getting more and more viruses and i couldn't download any AV any more. I have since done a full re-install and now use McAfee and after that I am very reluctant to trust Defender again. I wanted to ask:

Is such a notification a genuine Windows Defender error/notification message or was I hacked (presumably when the Trojan got it)? Does/Can Microsoft take over the Virus/Threat service in such circumstances?

Thank you for your help.

:)

davidfishwick1, Jun 11, 2019
  2. Kim Tiw Win User

windows defender detected error0X8050800c

Hello,

This error indicates that there might be a problem with your security product. We suggest that you follow these steps to update the definitions on your Windows Defender:

• Update the definitions. Either click the Update definitions button on the Update tab in Windows Defender, or download the latest definitions from the Microsoft
      Malware Protection Center
    • Run a full scan.
    • Restart the device and try again.

If you need further assistance, don’t hesitate to reply on this post.

Kim Tiw, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    windows defender

Hi Ronald,

For us to better assist your concern, we would like to know some additional information to isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Cyber_Defend_Team on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jun 11, 2019
  4. windows defender geniune error?

Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

windows defender geniune error?

1. windows defender geniune error? - Similar Threads - defender geniune error

2. Windows Defender Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Error: Why My Windows defender are error, On tool bar My windows defender SHOW sign excalamation mark after that I want to try open my windows defender but it’s stuck like hang didn’t opened whereas I’m wait until Hours it’s very wired because I can’t choose any option to like...
  3. windows 7 geniune

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 7 geniune: why is no more updates for windows 7 genuine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-geniune/173f6873-27b0-4ee4-b9df-3ee2d07f5d73
  4. windows 7 geniune

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 7 geniune: why is no more updates for windows 7 genuine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-geniune/173f6873-27b0-4ee4-b9df-3ee2d07f5d73
  5. Windows Defender Error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Error: I had AVAST free AV in my PC. I recently uninstalled it and it said that some residual files may be present so restart your PC and hence i restarted my PC. but after that my Windows Defender is not functioning and when i run a scan it says "Page not Available. Your IT admin...
  6. Accidentally deleted geniune OS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Accidentally deleted geniune OS: Can i still recover my deleted geniune OS by connecting my device recent OS to microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-deleted-geniune-os/0913d0b9-8d0c-4cd0-8bc5-670efa5bd803
  7. Windows Defender error

Windows Defender error: I was running my Windows Defender as usual. The finding was this NET HELPMSG2182... My computer has been freezing up and slow ...... Any advice will be appreciated!! <Moved from Microsoft Health and Band/Microsoft Band/Microsoft Health app>...
  8. To activate my geniune window.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    To activate my geniune window.: My hardisk have been crashed. My backup was also get lost. How to get back my genuine window in my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/to-activate-my-geniune-window/484a7719-ab59-45c8-8834-f8bc4ded29b6
  9. Windows Defender Errors

Windows Defender Errors: Thanks for posting back with results and marking the issue solved. *Smile
  10. Error Windows Defender

Error Windows Defender: I have these two errors of Windows Defender, on "Protection based on Cloud" and "Automatically send sample files". How can fix ? Thx ^^ [img] 81414