Windows 10: Windows Defender gets crazy, warning and deleting all my files. What should I do? Is this a...

Discus and support Windows Defender gets crazy, warning and deleting all my files. What should I do? Is this a... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently after I upgraded to windows 2004 for several days, Windows Defender become annoying and really crazy. In the beginning, WD prevented me from... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Windows Category - All, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Windows Defender gets crazy, warning and deleting all my files. What should I do? Is this a...

Recently after I upgraded to windows 2004 for several days, Windows Defender become annoying and really crazy.

In the beginning, WD prevented me from running Cheat Engine. I thought that, maybe microsoft hates cheating in the game, so I gave up the idea of using it.
    After somewhile, WD deleted some of my old tools immediately when I access the folder containing them. Since I don't need those tools now, I kept calm and let it go.

However, one day WD began warning all times about a non-exist file that it have just deleted. Of course, a file cannot be deleted twice, so the warning won't stop. I tried fixing it by upgrading my windows using a .iso file and the alarm stopped.

Thing gets worse. Today WD warns whenever I compile my own program or download any files from the internet. It tries to scan all the files, except those plain ones like .txt or .docx, for several seconds before I can excute them, and deleted everything that it cannot recognize without asking me.

Trojan:Win32/Tiggre!rfn -- WD says to a temp file

PUA:Win32/Presenoker -- WD says to my proxy provider

Trojan:Win32/ScarletFlash.A -- WD says to PasswordFox.exe

Trojan:Win32/DefenseEvasion!rfn --WD says to WirelessKeyView.exe

Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.A!rfn -- WD says to WebScanner

I can really not bear more now. I am already considering disabling WD for some time or forever.

I am also wondering that such absurd detection is ruining my privacy.

:)

Windows Category - All, Jun 16, 2020

2. All files on Downloads folder gone after updating windows defender

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to recover the deleted files in Windows Defender and check if it helps.

• In the search box type as ‘Windows Defender’ and click on it.
    • Under the tab ‘History’ select the option ‘Quarantined items’.
    • Click on ‘View Details’ and check if any files are available.
    • If the files are present then click on the file and click on ‘Restore’.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Windows Defender warning me of multiple Trojan threats each day. Latest is Trojan:win32/skeeyah.A!rfn.

hello guys,

I'm afraid I have the same Trojan as you and it starts getting really crazy. So first I had like 3-5 notice per day from Windows defender this tuesday. i found the files in Local App or Windows folder ( don't remermber) and deleted them by hand cause apparently
    Defender wasn't able to do so even though it was always saying it is deleting the files and showing their location in folder. Then I've used Microsoft Safety Scaner Full scan (around 26!!! hours) and it showed me 3 Trojans which it deleted....But it seems
    not true since I've started today to do full scan by Windows Defender and now it is like crazy popping up every 2 min showing that there is a malware and that it is deleting it....At the same time there is nothing to show in the karanteen or in the list of
    malwares found in the Defender history...I really don't know what to do.

Can you please suggest something? should I go for Norton or AVS or any other antivirus to fight against that Trojan or what?

Thank you very much in advance for any help.

Veronika

Veronika_1414, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Windows Defender gets crazy, warning and deleting all my files. What should I do? Is this a...

defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender gets crazy, warning and deleting all my files. What should I do? Is this a...

1. Windows Defender gets crazy, warning and deleting all my files. What should I do? Is this a... - Similar Threads - Defender gets crazy

2. Why do I keep getting a warning that all my files are going to be deleted because I've gone...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do I keep getting a warning that all my files are going to be deleted because I've gone...: I keep getting a message that says I am over my storage limit, my It says that I've used 1% of my 5GB. I've deleted all of my photos, mostly all of my files and It is still sending me the message despite the fact that I've only used 1% of my storage....
  3. Why do I keep getting a warning that all my files are going to be deleted because I've gone...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I keep getting a warning that all my files are going to be deleted because I've gone...: I keep getting a message that says I am over my storage limit, my It says that I've used 1% of my 5GB. I've deleted all of my photos, mostly all of my files and It is still sending me the message despite the fact that I've only used 1% of my storage....
  4. Why do I keep getting a warning that all my files are going to be deleted because I've gone...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I delete the run vbs file what should i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I delete the run vbs file what should i do?: I delete the file what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-delete-the-run-vbs-file-what-should-i-do/f12b1797-654c-4f82-83a6-1d37a09402f3
  6. I delete the run vbs file what should i do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I delete the run vbs file what should i do?: I delete the file what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-delete-the-run-vbs-file-what-should-i-do/f12b1797-654c-4f82-83a6-1d37a09402f3
  7. I delete the run vbs file what should i do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. i deleted a file in regedit what should i do

in Windows 10 Customization
    i deleted a file in regedit what should i do: i deleted the sizer file in regedit is it fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-a-file-in-regedit-what-should-i-do/351d18ae-192c-4915-a44c-132bf760900e
  9. Are these all the files that should be in the Windows Defender folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are these all the files that should be in the Windows Defender folder?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CountryTaylorSwift [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hryztu/are_these_all_the_files_that_should_be_in_the/
  10. Windows Fresh Start Deleted All My Files with NO warning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Fresh Start Deleted All My Files with NO warning: The windows fresh start specifically said it will preserve all my files and delete only my apps. I did not back up my files and then it deleted all my files. WTH? How do I get my files back and why did you lie?...