Windows 10: Windows Defender getting renamed to Microsoft Defender

Discus and support Windows Defender getting renamed to Microsoft Defender in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows Defender is being rebranded to Microsoft Defender to indicate that it now part of a cross platform family of products. This includes enterprise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Windows Defender getting renamed to Microsoft Defender

Read more: Windows Defender Gets a New Name: Microsoft Defender | BleepingCOMPUTER

:)

Brink, Jul 20, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Jul 20, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    What the hell, windows defender?

So, a while back I disabled windows defender via gpedit. Come to find out it's running again, and telling me my miner is a "severe" threat, despite still being disabled in gpedit. There's a few new entries related to windows defender in gpedit that didn't used to be there before. I'm guessing this happened during the big spring update. UAC keeps becoming re-enabled somehow, as well. For now I have a shitty registry key that's supposed to disable windows defender instead, hopefully it works.

Damn, Microsoft. They were pushing users to upgrade to 10 so hard, even resorting to plain trickery to get it on as many machines as possible. Now not only is it doing hardcore data mining in the background, but it's changing settings all on its own to whatever Microsoft wants. One step closer to pushing me to Ubuntu or something. I'd already be there if I didn't think it would be an arduous task learning how to computer all over again while simultaneously breaking a lot of games, which is mostly what I use this computer for...

Bill Gates needs to go back to Microsoft just so he can kick all the guys responsible for w10 squarely in the nuts. /rant

4. Windows Defender getting renamed to Microsoft Defender

What the hell, windows defender?

https://www.av-test.org/en/antiviru...-2017/microsoft-windows-defender-4.12-174847/

28 False Positives in last 2 tests

John Naylor, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender getting renamed to Microsoft Defender

1. Windows Defender getting renamed to Microsoft Defender - Similar Threads - Defender getting renamed

2. microsoft windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft windows defender: microsoft windows defender is not accessible . i have to manage it to use other softwares https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-defender/81a774fa-d27b-4a6c-854f-47226cf9be20
  3. Microsoft Defender VS Microsoft Defender Antivirus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender VS Microsoft Defender Antivirus?: Today, I uninstalled the Microsoft Defender app on my device.However, in Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Security providers, Microsoft Defender Antivirus is listed as my Antivirus. When I click on "Open app" for Microsoft Defender Antivirus, it just redirects...
  4. Microsoft Defender VS Microsoft Defender Antivirus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Defender VS Microsoft Defender Antivirus?: Today, I uninstalled the Microsoft Defender app on my device.However, in Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Security providers, Microsoft Defender Antivirus is listed as my Antivirus. When I click on "Open app" for Microsoft Defender Antivirus, it just redirects...
  5. microsoft windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft windows defender: Is this legit? Windows Defender on my surface pro locked up stating I was hacked. I called the number and they stated I need to let them do remote viewing.Am I a dumb F$$$? She told me not to turn off the computer and she will call tomorrow.What do I need to do?Please help...
  6. Microsoft Window Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Window Defender: I am posting a screenshot. Despite doing all the necessary action it is still showing the same problem. I am not even allowed to upgrade. Please provide a solution...
  7. Microsoft Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Windows Defender: I had some issues trying to get rid of malware recently in the end I had to reinstall windows, I noticed that the malware or whatever it was had somehow blocked the offline scan of Microsoft Defender the regular scan would run but it did not detect any viruses.I tried...
  8. Microsoft windows defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft windows defender: 5 different AV programs found nothing but this windows defender keeps finding weird titles with no actions can be taken . it just tells u that u have these threats and leaves you alone , meanwhile other AV won't find anything . i got bored with this defender. alot of steps i...
  9. Microsoft renames Windows Defender on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft renames Windows Defender on Windows 10: Microsoft is slowly moving away from the Windows Defender branding. In March 2019, Microsoft renamed Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection to Microsoft Defender ATP and the company brought ATP to the Mac. Microsoft is also planning to launch Defender ATP on Android and...
  10. Say Goodbye to Windows Defender (getting renamed)

in Windows 10 News
    Say Goodbye to Windows Defender (getting renamed): I apologize for the rather "clickbaity" title; come Windows 10 20H1, Windows Defender will no longer be a thing in the Windows 10 operating system as Microsoft will rename the tool to Microsoft Defender. So, instead of using Windows Defender or disabling it, users and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft rename windows defender to microsoft defender

2. windows defender rename