Windows 10: Windows Defender has shut down completely

Discus and support Windows Defender has shut down completely in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Windows defender has shut down complete after the last up date and I have tried all the options that has been listed on the net but none have worked... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kraps3044, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Kraps3044 Win User

Windows Defender has shut down completely

My Windows defender has shut down complete after the last up date and I have tried all the options that has been listed on the net but none have worked so far it appears that the windows defender file is corrupted and I cannot reload it at all I have tried to do a repair my computer through the windows program and it stated cannot be repaired. Is there any other way to repair defender? apart from the information already on the net.

:)

Kraps3044, Dec 13, 2020
  2. Ernie San Win User

Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Dec 13, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Defender has shut down completely :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Windows Defender has shut down completely

Windows Defender not completing scans

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing issues using Windows Defender.

I would suggest you to go through the below methods:

Method 1: Set Windows Defender to Automatic

You can set the Windows Defender service to Automatic, Disabled or Manual. Setting it to automatic might solve the problem. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > type services in the Search box > click Services in the Programs list.

2. Search for Windows defender.

3. Double-click Windows Defender, and click Automatic in the start-up box > click OK.

Method 2: Run SFC scan, it will check, if there is any kind of corruption on the operating system.

• Press WIN+X.

• Click on command prompt with admin.

• Type sfc /scannow and press enter.

• Reboot the computer once finished.

Method 3: Try the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/931849

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Sahil Bali, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender has shut down completely

1. Windows Defender has shut down completely - Similar Threads - Defender has shut

2. Windows Defender Antivirus shutting down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Antivirus shutting down: Whenever I start a scan on my pc windows defender works fine at first but then as it takes up more than 90% of my CPU usage it crashes and says the last scan is not available. It has been doing this for a while and I do not have any other antiviruses installed. I used...
  3. Windows Defender Keeps Shutting Down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Keeps Shutting Down: Whenever I try to run a full system scan windows defender shuts down before it can get very far. Is there a way to fix this? My laptop was updated last night....
  4. Windows does not shut down completely

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows does not shut down completely: Windows does not shut down completely and getting the error :" The embedded controller EC did not respond within the specified timeout period. This may indicate that there is an error in the EC hardware or firmware or that the BIOS is accessing the EC incorrectly. You should...
  5. Windows 10 is not Shutting Down Completely

Windows 10 is not Shutting Down Completely: I had done a clean installation of Windows 10 6 bit after all the updates had been done, i shut down the windows buy my CPU fan keeps spinning. any help will be much appreciated....
  6. Won't shut-down completely ..?

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't shut-down completely ..?: Hi All My HP laptop certainly won't shut-down . I have to hold the power button to do it .. ? So far I did reset the window .. but still messes up Please help .. Thanks 164789
  7. Windows Defender shuts down

Windows Defender shuts down: For some reason, yesterday and again today, Defender has turned OFF for no reason and I can't get it restarted without a restart. Then it will seem to start normally only to shut down shortly thereafter. The only change to my PC was been a Windows auto update KB4549951...
  8. Windows defender shutting everything down

Windows defender shutting everything down: All of a sudden my computer is shutting everything down in the middle of me working and window defender says i have a virus but will not download what am i supposed to do...
  9. computer not completely shutting down

computer not completely shutting down: Hi, I recent got a new Dell Inspiron 3670 Desktop with windows 10 Aug 30th and I have had five crashes involving hours on the phone with Dell Tech support and hours reinstalling my programs. I think I know what the problems is. When I turn off the computer the power light...
  10. Defender shut down

Defender shut down: I have a Asus x75vc Notebook LapTop WIN8, upgraded to Windows 10 Home, and the W.Defender has turned itself off. Is it supposed to be like that? Pandasecurity is the antivirus-program running on the laptop. . 28444