Windows 10: Windows defender high cpu usage on my surface pro when its powered

Discus and support Windows defender high cpu usage on my surface pro when its powered in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have problem with the process windows malware excecutable in task manager on my surface pro4 , basically if im running without power connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EmanuelaVvisentin, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Windows defender high cpu usage on my surface pro when its powered

I have problem with the process windows malware excecutable in task manager on my surface pro4 , basically if im running without power connection just with battery the process use arount 14% of cpu in background as soon as i connect the power cable to the surface pro the cpu usage skip over 40% .... i need a solution please

:)

EmanuelaVvisentin, Aug 16, 2018

2. High CPU usage for Windows Defender on Surface pro 4 after 1803 update

Hi,

It seems that since the update my Surface Pro 4 has been experiencing CPU usage problems. The fan seems to always be on after the recent update (1803, OS Build 17134.81). It doesn't seem to ever turn off anymore. When I took a look at what might be causing
    the high CPU usage, I noticed that the "Antimalware Service Executable" process has consistently been using up 30% of the CPU usage.

I've tried to manually turn off real time protection temporarily to see if a change happened and it seems to stop the high CPU utilization but I'd prefer to keep windows defender active real time!!

I've also tried to the command prompt(admin) method mentioned in another question but it hasn't come up with anything.

Can anyone help?? I'm worried because the computer is now getting hotter and hotter with windows defender active, and between this and the Edge it consistently uses minimum 50%!

Lakster_182, Aug 16, 2018
  3. iangie Win User
    WIN10 1703 update cause Explorer.exe high CPU usage

I am using Surface Pro 3 (i5, 8G RAM)

After WIN10 v1703 update, Windows Explorer uses ~30-40% CPU.

If I uncheck "Show thumbnails instead of icons" in the Performance Options, the CPU usage of Windows Explorer reduces to ~0%

Any suggestion why showing thumbnails cause so high CPU usage in v1703?

Thanks!

iangie, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Windows defender high cpu usage on my surface pro when its powered

Windows 10 Pro - Unistack / Unistore - High Data / CPU Usage

Got the following Problem with my Surface 3 Pro:

Very high writing / reading and cpu usage of the "Unistack service group". Like the following file which is accessed by svchost

svchost.exe 1128 C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Comms\UnistoreDB\store.vol

Ending the processes result in short time with no cpu and data usage at all and then it is restarted and again very high data / cpu usage

Saarlaender, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows defender high cpu usage on my surface pro when its powered

1. Windows defender high cpu usage on my surface pro when its powered - Similar Threads - defender high cpu

2. windows defender is using high cpu and power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows defender is using high cpu and power: for the past 2 weeks i have been noticing that my cpu is always above 80-90% even if im not using any application at all in task manager first i found that windows defender real time protection was consuming the cpu then i turned it off and it kept renabling itself so i...
  3. windows defender is using high cpu and power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender is using high cpu and power: for the past 2 weeks i have been noticing that my cpu is always above 80-90% even if im not using any application at all in task manager first i found that windows defender real time protection was consuming the cpu then i turned it off and it kept renabling itself so i...
  4. windows defender is using high cpu and power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. high cpu and power usage

high cpu and power usage: Hello, from tomorrow after upgrading sata ssd, I install windows in my new ssd and then start my laptop then i saw that my laptop was using system and system interrupts service continuosly. It's not ending, I also wait 6hrs but it's not ending. When i was using hdd my lower...
  6. high cpu and power usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high cpu and power usage: Hello, from tomorrow after upgrading sata ssd, I install windows in my new ssd and then start my laptop then i saw that my laptop was using system and system interrupts service continuosly. It's not ending, I also wait 6hrs but it's not ending. When i was using hdd my lower...
  7. high cpu and power usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. High CPU Surface Pro

High CPU Surface Pro: Hi! I own a Surface Pro the i7 model. I noticed that the system process in task manager is taking up around 40%-50% CPU and never go down. Even after I restart the surface and don´t use it, the CPU is still at that level. I would think it could be a Windows update since...
  9. microsft edge high cpu usage and high power

microsft edge high cpu usage and high power: so when I use Microsoft edge it goes to high power and high cpu usage up to like 60% even sometimes 70% is there something I can do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsft-edge-high-cpu-usage-and-high-power/f53dcaa8-8a51-4efc-8de6-02e83285284f
  10. High CPU usage from Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU usage from Windows Defender: I have W10 Pro, version 1803, build 17134.19 (although these issues started when I was still on whatever the previous build was numbered) with a i7-6700k, 16gb RAM and a Samsung 750 EVO 500gb. As of the past week or so I've noticed that Windows Defender's CPU usage,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender firewall high cpu surface pro