Windows 10: Windows Defender History And Offline Scan Does Not Work!

Discus and support Windows Defender History And Offline Scan Does Not Work! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Almost every time I run a scan, quick or full, it says that 1 threat found and action taken but when I check the history or allowed threats there is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mark1297, May 2, 2021.

1. Mark1297 Win User

Windows Defender History And Offline Scan Does Not Work!

Almost every time I run a scan, quick or full, it says that 1 threat found and action taken but when I check the history or allowed threats there is nothing there. I check the event viewer it does not have an ID that suggest that Defender found malware but when I try to run an offline scan it gives an error for 1 second that I cannot fully read and when it finishes always gets stuck at %92 I cannot see the history of the scan. When I check the event viewer there are 5 things with event ID 5007 they all start with: Microsoft Defender Antivirus Configuration has changed. If this is an une

:)

Mark1297, May 2, 2021
  2. Steve C Win User

Defender Periodic Scanning or Offline Scanning?

That link does suggest it's useful to use Defender offline scanning in addition to periodic scanning and a third party real time anti virus (e.g. Kaspersky).

Steve C, May 2, 2021
  3. Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

I'll give this thread a little bump and explain what I have tried so far to no avail. After hours of extensive reading about how WDO and now Microsoft Defender Offline scans are not working for some since as far back as 2017 for Windows Defender Offline, I had removed all remnants of Malwarebytes from my registry in an attempt to see if any of those entries were conflicting with the Microsoft Defender Offline Scan.

No dice!

The second thing I tried was a Restore Health function with the DISM command and it reported a successful operation and still the Offline scan won't initiate. Yes, I rebooted after the DISM Restore Health Command.

No Dice gain!

Some articles suggested a repair install; but honestly at this point, if sfc /scannow isn't flagging anything and my OS is completely operational with no Event Viewer Errors and no Reliability History issues of any kind (especially Critical Events) I really can't justify using a repair install that probably will not fix it either.

I mean I literally have no indication that any corruption exists anywhere throughout the OS; yet something that worked before the Cumulative Update is now broken and not a peep of it has been mentioned in any documentation that I came across lately that it is a known issue with the November 11th Cumulative Update for systems on 20H2.

Sure I could restore a full backup image I have to prove that Microsoft Defender Offline Scan worked prior to the update; but who would really be interested in that proof?

I don't understand why this feature was broke on some systems since 2017 and mine remained immune until just now.

So I would really like to hear suggestions if anyone knows how to get this feature working again on this latest Version and Build listed under my Avatar.

Thanks to any and all who have knowledge about how to fix this or if they heard a rumor that this is another feature that is being done away with and I just haven't heard yet.

EyeInTheSky, May 2, 2021
  4. Jorge Tan Win User

offline scan by win defender

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern with Windows Defender, follow the steps below:

• Open the Run window by pressing Window + R button.
    • Then type services.msc and hit "Enter".
    • Look for Windows defender service in the list and right click on it and select start.
    • Once Windows defender is opened try to do the offline scan on that window.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, May 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Defender History And Offline Scan Does Not Work! - Similar Threads - Defender History Offline

2. Windows Defender Offline Scan not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Offline Scan not working: So when I go to do the offline scan that usually takes 15 minutes, it doesn't scan it takes me to select my keyboard and language. I've already looked for corrupted files. What should I do?...
  3. Windows Defender Offline Scan Threat History empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Offline Scan Threat History empty: Dear reader,I'am looking for the scan results of the windows defender offline scan on a PC with Windows 10 LTSC 1809 fully updated. When I do a quick scan I have the following results:So here I can see the information about the threats, duration, etc...But when I do a offline...
  4. Windows Defender Offline Scan Threat History empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Offline Scan Threat History empty: Dear reader,I'am looking for the scan results of the windows defender offline scan on a PC with Windows 10 LTSC 1809 fully updated. When I do a quick scan I have the following results:So here I can see the information about the threats, duration, etc...But when I do a offline...
  5. Windows Defender Offline Scan Threat History empty

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Defender Offline Scan does not scan

Defender Offline Scan does not scan: I am currently running a Win10 21H2 with all latest and greatest updates.Admittedly a German version, so I may not get the titles for all menues and options 100% rightEarlier this week, Defender reported a .VBS script it had put into quarantine. Upon initial inspection, this...
  7. Defender Offline Scan does not scan

Defender Offline Scan does not scan: I am currently running a Win10 21H2 with all latest and greatest updates. Admittedly a German version, so I may not get the titles for all menues and options 100% right Earlier this week, Defender reported a .VBS script it had put into quarantine. Upon initial inspection,...
  8. Windows Defender Offline Scan not working

Windows Defender Offline Scan not working: My Windows Defender Offline Scan isn't working. I selected scan now from windows defender and the pc restarted but the scan wasn't done. I looked it up in the Event log and it gave me the following message :- Windows Defender Antivirus Configuration has changed. If this is an...
  9. Windows Defender Offline scan does not work

Windows Defender Offline scan does not work: Hello, I was plagued by a malware infection, so I wanted to perform a Windows Defender Offline scan. I opened the Windows Security window (from the Settings panel) and selected "scan options". I selected Windows Defender Offline scan and clicked "Scan now". I saw a message...
  10. Windows Defender Offline Scan does not work

Windows Defender Offline Scan does not work: With both the previous Fall Creator's Upgrade and now new Spring Creator's Upgrade Windows Defender Offline Scan works until a new cumulative update comes out. After the first cumulative update is installed, whenever I run a new scan, Offline Scan stops at the point where it...