Windows 10: Windows Defender History

Discus and support Windows Defender History in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just a little while ago Defender reported it detected something severe. I should have noted the file and location, but in my haste I did not. I asked... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by smalltown, May 4, 2021 at 7:22 AM.

1. smalltown Win User

Windows Defender History

Just a little while ago Defender reported it detected something severe. I should have noted the file and location, but in my haste I did not. I asked Defender to remove the offending file. When I saw it classed it as severe I just started running scans. Malwarebytes (free edition), and a Windows quick scan found nothing. A few minutes later same thing. This time I downloaded the latest MS Security Scanner It found nada. I was hoping there was a history log so could look back at what the file name and location was, but cannot find any place to view that. I did follow Brink's method of going to view protection, but it shows no recent actions, and I do not see any filter option on my screen to open a log file. Any thoughts ? Windows 10 20H2 19042.964

:)

2. Zehlewi Win User

Clearing Windows Defender history

Hey, what you need to do is so simple, just follow the steps below exactly in order:
    1. Turn OFF Real-time Protection
    2. Turn OFF Cloud-delivered Protection
    3. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    4. Delete the contents in the folder
    5. Turn ON Real-time Protection
    6. Turn ON Cloud-delivered Protection
    That's it... Now check protection History, it's empty.
    Done!

3. vicf1 Win User
    Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Did not work for me. After going through all steps I still have protection history full

4. Time Lady Win User

Windows Defender History

Windows defender protection history is missing

Hi, have you had any other help yet?

I have another suggestion, check under filter to see what’s set, if there’s a show all then select that.

See if anything is listed under here:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service

Defender will automatically remove entries after 30 days anyway so unless you’re checking regularly there may be 0 entries shown due to this.

Thema:

Windows Defender History

1. Windows Defender History - Similar Threads - Defender History

2. Can't update windows, can't scan with defender, can't check update history?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update windows, can't scan with defender, can't check update history?: I've just noticed that windows defender can't scan, I also can't update windows or check the update history.I'm getting an 0x80080005 error when I search for updates.HELP...
  3. Windows Defender History And Offline Scan Does Not Work!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender History And Offline Scan Does Not Work!: Almost every time I run a scan, quick or full, it says that 1 threat found and action taken but when I check the history or allowed threats there is nothing there. I check the event viewer it does not have an ID that suggest that Defender found malware but when I try to run...
  4. Windows Defender detects potential threats bit won't show them in the History

Windows Defender detects potential threats bit won't show them in the History: when running a scan it comes up saying there are potential threats but when I check the history after the scan nothing shows in the quarantined or removed folders yet all my updates and everything a showing as up to date?? [Original Title: windows defender]...
  5. Missing Items in Protection history for Windows Defender on my Windows 10 laptop Dell...

Missing Items in Protection history for Windows Defender on my Windows 10 laptop Dell...: Why can't I view the protection history for Windows Defender on my Windows 10 laptop? It appears to have been erased. Defender detected a couple of virus threats on this laptop last September. I quarantined them and successfully removed one of them. The other one...
  6. How to remove Protection history of Windows Defender

How to remove Protection history of Windows Defender: Hello, I had some apps, which were blocked by Windows Defender. This was totally fine for me. In my protection history I can see 5 apps from the last half year, which were blocked and removed Status: Removed. The last one is from beginning of February. When I start my...
  7. HI. When I'm going to windows defender's protection history it freezes and crashes without...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HI. When I'm going to windows defender's protection history it freezes and crashes without...: [ATTACH]When I'm going to windows defender's protection history it freezes and crashes without any error. Can any body help me? please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-when-im-going-to-windows-defenders-protection/4c0267dd-865f-4a0b-b7be-dddf3fef1199
  8. Windows Defender crashing when I open protection history.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender crashing when I open protection history.: I'm using windows 10 and this started happening about a day before. When I open windows defender to check my protection history I have ransomware protection turned on and have to check it regularly, the program freezes for about 15 seconds and I cannot click on anything....
  9. Windows 10: Windows Defender: Windows Security: Threats and Protection History Crashing

Windows 10: Windows Defender: Windows Security: Threats and Protection History Crashing: After replacing SSD HDDs and reinstalling Windows 10 the threats and protection history continues to self exit when attempting to populate. How do I fix this?...
  10. Windows defender protection history is missing

Windows defender protection history is missing: my protection history isnt working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-protection-history-is-missing/ee32a817-3e64-4da5-8577-1e4ff7e77b72