Windows 10: Windows Defender History

Discus and support Windows Defender History in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just a little while ago Defender reported it detected something severe. I should have noted the file and location, but in my haste I did not. I asked... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by smalltown, May 4, 2021.

1. smalltown Win User

Windows Defender History

Just a little while ago Defender reported it detected something severe. I should have noted the file and location, but in my haste I did not. I asked Defender to remove the offending file. When I saw it classed it as severe I just started running scans. Malwarebytes (free edition), and a Windows quick scan found nothing. A few minutes later same thing. This time I downloaded the latest MS Security Scanner It found nada. I was hoping there was a history log so could look back at what the file name and location was, but cannot find any place to view that. I did follow Brink's method of going to view protection, but it shows no recent actions, and I do not see any filter option on my screen to open a log file. Any thoughts ? Windows 10 20H2 19042.964

:)

smalltown, May 4, 2021
  2. Zehlewi Win User

Clearing Windows Defender history

Hey, what you need to do is so simple, just follow the steps below exactly in order:
    1. Turn OFF Real-time Protection
    2. Turn OFF Cloud-delivered Protection
    3. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    4. Delete the contents in the folder
    5. Turn ON Real-time Protection
    6. Turn ON Cloud-delivered Protection
    That's it... Now check protection History, it's empty.
    Done!

Zehlewi, May 5, 2021
  3. vicf1 Win User
    Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Did not work for me. After going through all steps I still have protection history full

vicf1, May 5, 2021
  4. Time Lady Win User

Windows Defender History

Windows defender protection history is missing

Hi, have you had any other help yet?

I have another suggestion, check under filter to see what’s set, if there’s a show all then select that.

See if anything is listed under here:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service

Defender will automatically remove entries after 30 days anyway so unless you’re checking regularly there may be 0 entries shown due to this.

Time Lady, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows Defender History

1. Windows Defender History - Similar Threads - Defender History

2. Unable to delete Windows Defender history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete Windows Defender history: I have been trying to delete Windows Defender History for weeks without any success, I have google searched and performed the 5 ways I have found, in file explorer I receive this message " you don't have permission to access these files" when I reach scans in explorer, I have...
  3. Unable to delete Windows Defender history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete Windows Defender history: I have been trying to delete Windows Defender History for weeks without any success, I have google searched and performed the 5 ways I have found, in file explorer I receive this message " you don't have permission to access these files" when I reach scans in explorer, I have...
  4. Windows Defender History Crashes; Can’t Delete detections.log

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender History Crashes; Can’t Delete detections.log: [ATTACH]Windows Defender is the default antivirus in Windows PC, which protects the PC against various threats such as malware, viruses, and others. While Windows Defender keeps track of all its actions to safeguard your PC against these threats, many users have complained of...
  5. Windows Defender problem, cant delete scan history and also on "start actions" nothing happens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender problem, cant delete scan history and also on "start actions" nothing happens: Hello, I deleted a file which microsoft defender said its virus, now I press "start actions" and nothing happens also I cant delete defender scan history, here's video and pictures what I mean: Imgur: The magic of the Internetunknown 2023 12 24 14 52 - YouTube...
  6. Windows Defender problem, cant delete scan history and also on "start actions" nothing happens

Windows Defender problem, cant delete scan history and also on "start actions" nothing happens: Hello, I deleted a file which microsoft defender said its virus, now I press "start actions" and nothing happens also I cant delete defender scan history, here's video and pictures what I mean: Imgur: The magic of the Internetunknown 2023 12 24 14 52 - YouTube...
  7. Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history: How can I delete these things from Windows defender - protection history. When I try to delete these three files found as a virus, which they are not, I fail to delete them. Where am I wrong if you can tell me. Thanks in advance. I am also attaching pictures of exactly what I...
  8. Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history

Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history: How can I delete these things from Windows defender - protection history. When I try to delete these three files found as a virus, which they are not, I fail to delete them. Where am I wrong if you can tell me. Thanks in advance. I am also attaching pictures of exactly what I...
  9. Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. threats/virus are not getting cleared from protection history in windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    threats/virus are not getting cleared from protection history in windows defender: after scan through window defender i still getting virus?threats . and these threats/virus are not getting cleared from protection history. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/threatsvirus-are-not-getting-cleared-from/7b286a3a-ef60-4ff6-ab10-51f9df8d568e