Windows 10: Windows Defender icon not showing up in ^ menu of taskbar

Discus and support Windows Defender icon not showing up in ^ menu of taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just fixed a few problems with malware and Windows Defender being disabled. Real time protection is on and everything seems to be working perfectly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Danteb132, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Danteb132 Win User

Windows Defender icon not showing up in ^ menu of taskbar

Just fixed a few problems with malware and Windows Defender being disabled. Real time protection is on and everything seems to be working perfectly fine now, but the Windows Defender icon isn't showing in the ^ menu of the taskbar. Is this a problem? I can't remember if it had the icon or not before but my dad who was helping to fix the problem said that he does have the icon on his computer and we made sure and checked. It was there, but is not there for me. Is there something wrong or is it just something I may have disabled and it isn't a big deal? Thanks.

:)

Danteb132, Apr 19, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add Windows 7 Taskbar icon GPU freq./temperature/RAM used meter

Please add an option (which will also require an Options/Settings screen however, or else the main menu will be too cluttered) to have the GPU freq., temperature, videoRAM used and/or maybe GPU load shown in the program taskbar icon on Windows 7.
    It could have two options - cycle between modes (for example about each 10 seconds), or always show the same value - for example, GPU temp or load/etc.
    See how Core Temp does this for an example. (WinZIP also shows such a meter when decompressing archives.)

What do you think, could this be useful?

C++ examples here:
    Windows 7 Taskbar Dynamic Overlay Icons and Progress Bars
    http://blogs.windows.com/windows/ar...-dynamic-overlay-icons-and-progress-bars.aspx
    Windows 7 Goodies in C++: Taskbar Progress and Status Indicators
    Windows 7 Goodies in C++: Taskbar Progress and Status Indicators

4. Windows Defender icon not showing up in ^ menu of taskbar

Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows Defender icon not showing up in ^ menu of taskbar

1. Windows Defender icon not showing up in ^ menu of taskbar - Similar Threads - Defender icon showing

2. Taskbar and file icons not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and file icons not showing up: My taskbar icons and file icons aren't showing up and are replaced by some sort of default icon. But for some reason it only happens to some of the icons and not others, I've tried searching for solutions and couldn't find very much. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling...
  3. Taskbar and file icons not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar and file icons not showing up: My taskbar icons and file icons aren't showing up and are replaced by some sort of default icon. But for some reason it only happens to some of the icons and not others, I've tried searching for solutions and couldn't find very much. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling...
  4. Hidden icon menu not showing in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden icon menu not showing in taskbar: Hi,I updated Windows 11 to 22610.1 ni_release yesterday, since then I lost the "^" in taskbar that is for the hidden icon menu. I tried the toggle button in the taskbar setting, but the toggle does nothing.I tried the restart the computer without fast startup, it didn't...
  5. Hidden icon menu not showing in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden icon menu not showing in taskbar: Hi,I updated Windows 11 to 22610.1 ni_release yesterday, since then I lost the "^" in taskbar that is for the hidden icon menu. I tried the toggle button in the taskbar setting, but the toggle does nothing.I tried the restart the computer without fast startup, it didn't...
  6. Right click menu doesn't show up in taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click menu doesn't show up in taskbar icon: Hey. So basically, I can't view the right click menu that pops up whenever you right click on a taskbar icon I can on the desktop and file explorer though. I don't know if this is related but I recently updated my Windows too....
  7. windows 10 showing no desktop icon and not showing any taskbar menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 showing no desktop icon and not showing any taskbar menu: When I turn on my laptop, there are no desktop icons and no taskbar menus. Windows explorer is not working, there is no taskbar. ctrl+alt+del shows security options but when I choose taskbar it does not open any window. Any Help?????...
  8. Windows Defender Taskbar Icon

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Taskbar Icon: O.k.....I have now updated four W10 laptops to the latest version (1703)......the 1st three are fine, but the fourth one has a minor problem......the Windows Defender icon on the taskbar is not showing the green "everything o.k. tick".....there is nothing else showing, no...
  9. Start Menu and taskbar icons froze up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu and taskbar icons froze up.: Today the start menu and taskbar froze up and refused to open. I had to do a restart using task manager. Working fine now, but are there any ways to resolve this issue without having to restart the computer, in case this happens next time? A bit annoyed that such an issue...
  10. Taskbar Menu on Icons not showing complete

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Menu on Icons not showing complete: Hello I'm having this behavior I remembered before that when you right click on the icons on task-bar you will have a menu on several applications with different options depending on the application. That option is not showing anymore on my system, as for example this is...