Windows 10: Windows Defender intelligence updates: consolidate or auto-install?

Discus and support Windows Defender intelligence updates: consolidate or auto-install? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey folks, I have noticed that at least once a day, and sometimes more, Windows Defender gets Intelligence updates (akin to virus definition update).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mercsterreddit, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Windows Defender intelligence updates: consolidate or auto-install?

Hey folks,

I have noticed that at least once a day, and sometimes more, Windows Defender gets Intelligence updates (akin to virus definition update). My OCD means that I check for this each day, often more than once.

What I want is to never have to do this every day. I will accept either of these two situations:

a) Wrap up a week's worth of virus definitions / intelligence updates on a single day, probably to coincide with "patch Tuesday" (so I only feel the need to update on Tuesdays.) I'm an old PC/UNIX guy going back to the 80s, so I'm pretty good at avoiding viruses/malware on my own. One update a week would be fine.

alternatively:

b) Whenever Windows Update detects a Windows Defender update, install immediately, no matter what I'm doing. My PC is on 24/7, so I don't care whether I'm playing a game, doing something else, or completely idle, I don't want to have to check Windows Update every day for these virus definitions. Just install it as soon as they are available.

I tried to do some research.. I got some hits for something called "Configuration Manager" that might allow this. But I'm in a bit over my head, and thought I would ask you fine folks first.

Sorry for the long post, and I appreciate any tips or hints in this direction. Thanks so much.

submitted by /u/mercsterreddit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mercsterreddit, Jun 13, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Why won't Windows Defender not auto update anymore

I have have windows updates set to notify updates , I will install myself, because I want to make a system restore point before installing updates.

Because of this windows defender does not update automatically and I had to create a task for updating in the task scheduler, which I did but it does not work anymore since I re-installed windows.
    What am I doing wrong?

Windows Defender intelligence updates: consolidate or auto-install? defender-update-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Jun 13, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Task to auto update windows defender definitions disappears

My mom has a new laptop with windows 8.1, we always set the windows updates to manual.
    On our other windows 8.1 computers I have created a task for auto updating windows defender definitions, which works fine for us.

This is how I created this task:

"Click on "Create Task", name it what you like (mine is Daily Signature Update), set the trigger as the time you want it to run every day.

For Action browse to Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe and select it. In "Add arguments" add -SignatureUpdate -MMPC"

But somehow this task disappears once it has run on my mom's laptop.
    I'm logged in as admin and then I also tried it with running the task scheduler as admin, the task just disappears every day for some reason, while it works fine on our other windows 8.1 computers.

Anyone an idea why this task disappears every time?

Thanks.

P4-630, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Windows Defender intelligence updates: consolidate or auto-install?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender intelligence updates: consolidate or auto-install?

1. Windows Defender intelligence updates: consolidate or auto-install? - Similar Threads - Defender intelligence updates

2. Issues with Defender Security Intelligence updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Defender Security Intelligence updates: Hey there everyone, Having an issue across a few devices in the family. For whatever reason, Security Intelligence updates are not actually able to update on their own. If I go to "Virus & Threat Protection" in Windows then check for Security Intelligence updates, it just...
  3. Issues with Defender Security Intelligence updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issues with Defender Security Intelligence updates: Hey there everyone, Having an issue across a few devices in the family. For whatever reason, Security Intelligence updates are not actually able to update on their own. If I go to "Virus & Threat Protection" in Windows then check for Security Intelligence updates, it just...
  4. Issues with Defender Security Intelligence updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. 0x80070643 error while installing Security Intelligence Update For Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x80070643 error while installing Security Intelligence Update For Windows Defender: I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home and 4 GB RAM . I am not able to install Security Updates on my PC for a few days.Please help.....Can I use another free antivirus instead of Windows Defender?I think this update won't affect my PC if I am using other antivirus.Any help...
  6. windows defender security intelligence update failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows defender security intelligence update failed: hi, i try to configure VDI update for windows defender..the definition file was unpack to file server ..i set the folder security to everyone. but the update still failed. Windows Defender Antivirus has encountered an error trying to update security intelligence. New...
  7. Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus

Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus: Hi, I have these messages in windows update history: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus KB2267602 Version 1.313.2340.0 Failed to install on 4/25/2020 - 0x8024000b KB2267602 Version 1.313.2261.0 Failed to install on 4/24/2020 - 0x8024000b...
  8. install security intelligence update for windows defender antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    install security intelligence update for windows defender antivirus: Everything updates but excepts the security intelligence update for windows defender antivirus why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/install-security-intelligence-update-for-windows/47270eb3-a230-4d5e-b32f-cc15011a0a34
  9. Security intelligence updates for Windows Defender Outdated!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Security intelligence updates for Windows Defender Outdated!: It's stuck at The latest security intelligence update is: Version: 1.307.2344.0 Released: 1/14/2020 6:47:16 PM https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/defenderupdates But the Change logs still goes on:...
  10. Updates asks every day to install: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender...

Updates asks every day to install: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender...: Hello. I have a Windows Server 2016 server that every day asks to install: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.303.1210.0). I let it install and it says I'm up-to-date. The next day, it's back in the list of required...