Windows 10: Windows Defender interfering with WinRAR

Discus and support Windows Defender interfering with WinRAR in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I'm trying to store 60GB worth of data into a .rar file. I'm looking at task manager right now, and I see both WinRAR and "Antimalware Service... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ScandicMinecraft, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Windows Defender interfering with WinRAR

So I'm trying to store 60GB worth of data into a .rar file. I'm looking at task manager right now, and I see both WinRAR and "Antimalware Service Executable" (of Windows Defender) both having around the same disk usage, with total disk usage for that disk at 100%. Is Windows Defender scanning my files as they're being read by WinRAR or something? This is a Minecraft world, I don't really see a reason to be scanning it for virus.

Is there a way to politely tell Windows Defender to let me compress files without hogging half my transfer rate, or perhaps tell it that .mca files are safe and not to be scanned or something? Thanks for reading!

submitted by /u/ScandicMinecraft
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ScandicMinecraft, Dec 24, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

.rar file to winRAR

Hi G41axyX

Do you have WinRAR installed on your PC?

If so: right click a RAR, choose 'Open With' - Choose Another App

Important - Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open rar . . .'

If WinRAR is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Again if WinRAR is not in the list, at the bottom, click 'Look for another app on this PC', then navigate to find the WinRAR executable . . .

DaveM121, Dec 24, 2020
  3. my screen shutdown when i open Winrar

ElouahedAli, Dec 24, 2020
  4. Windows Defender interfering with WinRAR

Ok so is Winrar safe?

Ok so i was installing winrar from the official site and when i install it windows defender sys it is a virus called wannadecrypt.

I have removed it but i need winrar for most things. Please reply soon as possible.

Eco SkillZz, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender interfering with WinRAR

1. Windows Defender interfering with WinRAR - Similar Threads - Defender interfering WinRAR

2. WinRAR update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WinRAR update: When I purchased my laptop in 2016, the system automatically updated my laptop 9 update with WinRAR 64-bit. Since then my laptop has had little storage after other applications were installed. Is it safe to delete or uninstall these updates?...
  3. Winrar broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Winrar broken: Hello, winrar doesn't extract files like it should. Normally it would extract the folder and the files would be in the folder like it should have been, but now when im using it, it only extracts files in the folders. Can u help?...
  4. Winrar broken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Winrar broken: Hello, winrar doesn't extract files like it should. Normally it would extract the folder and the files would be in the folder like it should have been, but now when im using it, it only extracts files in the folders. Can u help?...
  5. WinRAR Download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinRAR Download: Hello, I have a question with WinRAR. When I started to download WinRAR, a message pops up saying "Do you want this app to make changes for your device". I was somewhat afraid of downloading WinRAR because I thought if I click "Yes" it might mess up the whole computer. I have...
  6. Winrar

Winrar: Hi, Anyone know a way to make winrar close automatically after extracting a file? Thanks 178618
  7. Something interfering with Defender and taking up my CPU

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something interfering with Defender and taking up my CPU: Hey, I've had some problems with my computer recently. Specifically: -My computer runs at essentially "full capacity" at most times, with my CPU going at 100% whenever I am not checking on it through task manager, at which point the percentage drops suddenly, as if...
  8. Malwarebytes interfering with Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes interfering with Defender: - In my experience YES! Problem started when suddenly my computer won't run Defender and when I tried turning it on, a message says: Anti virus is being managed by your system administrator. Could not even update defender definitions.I tried to uninstall Malwarebytes in Apps...
  9. winrar password

in Windows 10 Customization
    winrar password: what is the winrar password for fifa 2008 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/winrar-password/609ee9e4-7c87-4dd2-a811-712a7071505e
  10. WinRAR

WinRAR: I did a reset on my Windows 10, I had winRAR.. now it's gone How do I get it for free again? This laptop was bought with winRAR on it.. 44666