Windows 10: Windows defender is actually good now

Discus and support Windows defender is actually good now in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; However you will have to do some digging around and make some changes but if you don't mind losing some performance in order to gain better security,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by vgchat, May 1, 2020.

1. vgchat Win User

Windows defender is actually good now

However you will have to do some digging around and make some changes but if you don't mind losing some performance in order to gain better security, than windows defender is actually a really good choice nowadays. Out of 860 new malware samples, only 4 seem to make it through. Giving WD a 99.53 pro active detection rating.

:)

vgchat, May 1, 2020

2. Good alternative to Windows Defender on 8.1

I had to do a format and reinstall on my main rig, and thought I may as well upgrade to 8.1. My only real gripe is my Downloads folder lagging like hell, which I've read is due to Windows Defender. Now I really like MSE/Windows Defender because it's unobtrusive and lets me do what I want to do without pissing me off. Several attempts to try another antivirus program have always resulted in me going back to MSE (either due to viral infection or general annoyance). The lagging, while not an issue per se, is annoying the hell out of me. So I'd like suggestions for a good, free alternative that will be unobtrusive, not try to block everything I want to do (I'm smart enough to know what I'm doing), and not make my PC lag even when running a schedules scan.

Thanks.

Red_Machine, May 1, 2020
  3. Ron787 Win User
    Windows defender- is it good enough?

Previous experience, no, windows defender will not cut it. Suggest third party anti-virus. I use Norton Security, but many others to choose from. Good Luck

Ron787, May 1, 2020
  4. Windows defender is actually good now

How reinstall windows defender

Hello LucianN1, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

I suggest you follow the instructions down below.

Step 1: Enable Windows defender from control panel

1. Press Windows + X, Click on control panel.

2. On right top corner click on View and then choose large items.

3. Now from the list click on Windows Defender and try to enable it.

If not try to enable it from services.

Step 2: Enable Window defender from services.msc.

1. Press Windows + R, to open run prompt.

2. Type services.msc and press enter to open services list.

3. Under services look from Windows defender service and start the service.

I also suggest you refer to the link down below.

URL:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/for...

Hope this helps!

Thank you and good luck,

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows defender is actually good now

1. Windows defender is actually good now - Similar Threads - defender actually

2. Are MS Defender updates coming in .zip format?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are MS Defender updates coming in .zip format?: Hello AllRecently our FireEye NX solution caught some file downloads which were in .zip format and MS Defender updates. The zip files were password protected also. My question is "Are MS Defender updates coming in .zip format?" Kindly enlighten me.Thanks Muhammad Tahir...
  3. Is the Microsoft Defender Browser Protection Browser Extension actually legitimate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the Microsoft Defender Browser Protection Browser Extension actually legitimate?: Microsoft Defender Browser Protection: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/microsoft-defender-browse/bkbeeeffjjeopflfhgeknacdieedcomlHello fellow tech nerds and such, I like to stay being protected but I noticed something suspicious and just want to make sure. Is the...
  4. Is the Microsoft Defender Browser Protection Browser Extension actually legitimate?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the Microsoft Defender Browser Protection Browser Extension actually legitimate?: Microsoft Defender Browser Protection: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/microsoft-defender-browse/bkbeeeffjjeopflfhgeknacdieedcomlHello fellow tech nerds and such, I like to stay being protected but I noticed something suspicious and just want to make sure. Is the...
  5. Is the Microsoft Defender Browser Protection Browser Extension actually legitimate?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Microsoft Defender Offline starts but does not actually run

Microsoft Defender Offline starts but does not actually run: Hello,I bring a problem that has already been around for some tim: whenever I try to run a Microsoft Defender Offline scan, it doesn't really run. The computer re-starts and I get this image showing that it is loading This lasts for about a minute or so, then the computer...
  7. Did windows defend actually remove a coin miner or?

Did windows defend actually remove a coin miner or?: Well luckily i just woke up and checked windows defender and say that there was no actions required at all!!!! when i checked the ''This app is blocked'' and threat ''serious'' is all gone i don't see it no more since im not good with this can someone please tell me if im...
  8. I THINK Microsoft Defender is glitching out, but I'm not sure at all, it might be an actual...

I THINK Microsoft Defender is glitching out, but I'm not sure at all, it might be an actual...: Hello! So, I was trying to download a game from the internet. I opened up the installer and did all that which you normally do. Now, sometime later, Microsoft defender told me I had a virus. I opened the file details and told the program to Remove the threat, but it still...
  9. Windows Defender reporting different number of files scanned compared to what it actually...

Windows Defender reporting different number of files scanned compared to what it actually...: Hi! This is my first time using this forum, so I apologise if I get any of this wrong. I was running Windows Defender full scan and saw it was scanning through at least 800,000 files I cannot remember the exact figure. However, when it finished and gave me a summary of...
  10. Is windows defender actually proctecting me?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is windows defender actually proctecting me?: I am worried about my computer and want to ask a question: Does windows defender actually protect me? I ask this because all over the web people are saying that windows defender doesn't keep you COMPLETELY safe!...