Windows 10: Windows Defender is blocking almost every app trying to access my files. These are trusted...

Discus and support Windows Defender is blocking almost every app trying to access my files. These are trusted... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently got a new PC running Windows 10. I am using Defender for now, I am switching later on and it keeps blocking almost every app that is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Charbel Sarofeen, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Windows Defender is blocking almost every app trying to access my files. These are trusted...

I recently got a new PC running Windows 10. I am using Defender for now, I am switching later on and it keeps blocking almost every app that is downloading or trying to access my files. These apps are trusted sources. It happened on some apps like Lightworks, paint.net, and even notepad.exe and my manufacturer processor app AMD. It even blocked an app from trying to access my memory. It's weird how it said that my administrator blocked this action even though I'm the administrator. Is it talking about TrustedInstaller or some other thing? This is really strange!! These are some screenshots.

Screenshot one: https://prnt.sc/wjumog

Screenshot two: https://prnt.sc/wjunfh

Screenshot three: https://prnt.sc/wjunw5

Screenshot four: https://prnt.sc/wjuqm3

Screenshot five: https://prnt.sc/wjur75

Screenshot six: https://prnt.sc/wjurhq

Screenshot seven: https://prnt.sc/wjurq8

:)

Charbel Sarofeen, Jan 9, 2021
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Windows Defender is blocking too much saying it viruses

Hi Sam,

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, Controlled Folder Access is turned on, blocking most apps that you're using. We suggest that you turn it off to allow blocked apps in Windows Defender. Follow the steps below:

• Select Start > Settings.
    • Choose Update & security > Windows Defender.
    • Select Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Select Virus & threat protection, and then choose Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off.
    • Once done, try accessing the apps and see if you can now access them.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Anne Ros, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    windows defender blocks programs

You shouldn't disable Defender completely, it's protecting you against viruses and malware.

The bit of Defender that's causing you grief is its Ransomware protection, or Controlled Folder Access as it is also known. This blocks access to certain protected folders (mainly your user folders) for any unknown or untrusted apps.

While Defender has a whitelist of many apps it trusts by default, there will inevitably be some perfectly safe apps that are not on that list (yet). Your Open Office and my Libre Office are both 'unknown quantities' as far as Ransomware protection is concerned.

You could turn off just the Ransomware protection, but that is leaving your files and documents less protected.. It is better to allow access for each app that's currently being being blocked. The easiest way to do that is Option One in this tutorial.

Add or Remove Allowed Apps for Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10

Bree, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Windows Defender is blocking almost every app trying to access my files. These are trusted...

Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Pictures

edouardlesly1, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows Defender is blocking almost every app trying to access my files. These are trusted...

1. Windows Defender is blocking almost every app trying to access my files. These are trusted... - Similar Threads - Defender blocking almost

2. Organization using Window Defender to block every app including browsers, but this is my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Organization using Window Defender to block every app including browsers, but this is my...: Hi,My laptop has been blocked from using apps by window defender, so I have no access to browser apps., I tried several things but it still gave me the same message. This is also a personal computer.Here is what I tried:- Turning off and on window firewall- Trying to delete...
  3. Organization using Window Defender to block every app including browsers, but this is my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Organization using Window Defender to block every app including browsers, but this is my...: Hi,My laptop has been blocked from using apps by window defender, so I have no access to browser apps., I tried several things but it still gave me the same message. This is also a personal computer.Here is what I tried:- Turning off and on window firewall- Trying to delete...
  4. Organization using Window Defender to block every app including browsers, but this is my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Almost every file corrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Almost every file corrupted: Hi,I bought a new computer a few days ago. When I try downloading programs through Chrome, Edge or even console, everything seems fine but then they don´t open cause they seem to be corrupted. The only things that work just fine are Chrome and the OS, but everything else...
  6. Almost every file corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Almost every file corrupted: Hi,I bought a new computer a few days ago. When I try downloading programs through Chrome, Edge or even console, everything seems fine but then they don´t open cause they seem to be corrupted. The only things that work just fine are Chrome and the OS, but everything else...
  7. Almost every file corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows Defender Security Center blocks some trusted Apps, such as MS word, to access some...

Windows Defender Security Center blocks some trusted Apps, such as MS word, to access some...: Hi, I've recently seen that Windows Defender Security Center blocks some trusted Apps, such as MS word, to access some folders although I didn't do any changes and these Apps, such as MS Word, were accessing to any folders without being blocked and without being added to the...
  9. Windows Defender Block Access

Windows Defender Block Access: Every time I try to download something, my Windows defender blocks everything, it gives me the following message: Unauthorized changes blocked, Controlled folder access blocked with C:\... then the rest of the extension but it doesn't give me the full extension so it is very...
  10. Publisher not Trusted, App blocked for 'protection'

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Publisher not Trusted, App blocked for 'protection': Hi all. I upgraded from 7 to 10 over the weekend. Few minor issues with graphics drivers, but everything was working smoothly. When I went to open my VPN (Torguard), I received a UAC error message, stating that the app had been blocked for my protection, citing an...