Windows 10: Windows Defender is Cleaning those files which are not virus, what to do?

Discus and support Windows Defender is Cleaning those files which are not virus, what to do? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 in my Lenovo laptop but I'm shocked when Windows Defender is notifying me that your file is infected and was quarantined. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChrisJaroc, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Windows Defender is Cleaning those files which are not virus, what to do?

I'm using Windows 10 in my Lenovo laptop but I'm shocked when Windows Defender is notifying me that your file is infected and was quarantined. I believed that the file is cleaned and not infected. Now what to do?

:)

ChrisJaroc, Jan 3, 2020

2. Clean the Virus

As i know, your computer is affected by virus don't worry here are the solution.

First step: delete all temp files from your computer.

Second step: if you don't have paid antivirus download and Install any free antivirus from internet and run full scan it may take some time but don't worry it will remove all kind of virus from your system.

Third step: run Windows defender it has a trusted inbuillt antivirus protection from Microsoft.

Ashish Anand_01, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Clean the Virus

Hi,

Virus infection usually happens on a computer when it is exposed to an infected website or removable devices. For us to help you clean the malware on your device, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows are you using?
    • Did you encounter any error messages related to having a virus infection on your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running any available antivirus software on your PC. It would be very helpful to us if you could also provide the result of the antivirus scan process.

Looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Windows Defender is Cleaning those files which are not virus, what to do?

Windows defender got turned of by virus

Hello Azazel,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Forum.

As per your description I understand that you are facing issues with turning on the Windows Defender on your Windows 10 computer.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better:

• What happens when you try to Turn on Windows Defender?

I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check.

Method 1: Let’s check the status of Windows Defender Service.

a. Press Windows key + R and type services.msc and press Enter key.

b. Search for "Windows Defender Service" and check if it has been started.

d. Right click on "Windows Defender Service" and click on Restart.

If issue still persists try method 2,

Method 2: Perform Clean Boot.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. Check this issue in clean boot state.

Refer: How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting step, follow the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer
    to Normal startup mode.

If issue still didn’t get resolve try method 3.

Method 3.

Step 1: Microsoft Safety Scanner.
    I would suggest you to perform a full system scan using the Microsoft Safety Scanner to eliminate any issues related to virus/malware.

Microsoft Safety Scanner
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender is Cleaning those files which are not virus, what to do?

1. Windows Defender is Cleaning those files which are not virus, what to do? - Similar Threads - Defender Cleaning those

2. What are those services?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are those services?: From another thread looking almost similar :EXCEPT THATOn my laptop since I notice those service here is the issue I have. Interrupt system is running at 100% except when I open the task manager, I can see it at 100% then drop at almost nothing, its at a point that it makes...
  3. What are those services?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are those services?: From another thread looking almost similar :EXCEPT THATOn my laptop since I notice those service here is the issue I have. Interrupt system is running at 100% except when I open the task manager, I can see it at 100% then drop at almost nothing, its at a point that it makes...
  4. What are those services?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. What to do with the STOP/DJVU ransom virus which changed all the documents file extension...

What to do with the STOP/DJVU ransom virus which changed all the documents file extension...: Where can be find the latest about this ransom virous and methods to decrypt my files.Kespersky, trend micro, avast, bleepingcomputers, emsisoft all are reads but nothing found there about remedy to decrypt the latest variant.Its look like a Corona Virus for the PCs....
  6. Virus Clean

Virus Clean: Hi Everyone! Last Time I Send About System32 Is A Virus Folder. Today We Are Going To Clean The Virus Thanks Greg To Comment Me!So First Download AdwCleaner On Your PC Link: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/Just Clean It You Need To Run As Administrators So...
  7. What are these two files? Windows defender found them and idk what they are? Is it a virus...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are these two files? Windows defender found them and idk what they are? Is it a virus...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GamedreamYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mnjob2/what_are_these_two_files_windows_defender_found/
  8. What do those updates mean?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What do those updates mean?: After pausing my updates, I turned out I had some updates marked as "Firmware" from windows update. If that means updating my BIOS, I dont want to do that! Thats risky, and i am not bricking my $1000 computer. AND ITS PENDING INSTALL! I dont wanna update my BIOS! If its a...
  9. What to do with this Virus?

What to do with this Virus?: i detected this virus what to do? https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/e0d3f58a733eb0649e19d606ce132cfef4eed55c276f270a6a6ccc651f2f5ea4/detection [Original Title: virus]...
  10. What are those updates ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What are those updates ?: Hello Today I got those updates on my Surface pro 4, after restart I saw the bios screen with update bar. Windows 10 Pro build 14393.693. [img] I've searched over the internet and did not find a thing, when I click on the updates it takes me to :...