Windows 10: Windows defender is detecting threats from disconnected usb drive

Discus and support Windows defender is detecting threats from disconnected usb drive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Defender is showing that there are threats on my USB Drive. After it showed a threat, I immediately pulled out the drive and physically... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sunny Yue1, May 13, 2023.

1. Windows defender is detecting threats from disconnected usb drive

Windows Defender is showing that there are threats on my USB Drive. After it showed a threat, I immediately pulled out the drive and physically disconnected my computer from the internet. However, it continues to show there are threats on the USB Drive even after it's been disconnected. I tried to delete the threat from Windows Defender, tried reconnecting the drive and scanning it, and tried reformatting the drive without touching any of the files in the drive but couldn't solve the issue.

:)

Sunny Yue1, May 13, 2023

2. Threats detected by Windows Defender  

If you really want to be sure if those threats are removed completely then I would suggest to clean install Windows. That’s the only way to know for sure.

And always disconnect from the internet next time you encounter malware. That’s the first step to take, especially if you have more than one computer sharing the same network.

win10freak, May 13, 2023
  3. APZ
    apz Win User
    Threats detected by Windows Defender  

Hello @AdvancedSetup,

When I click on View detailed results of the scan:

Windows defender is detecting threats from disconnected usb drive 360592d1645611230t-threats-detected-windows-defender-view-details-scan-microsoft-safety-scanner.jpg

I get this list of infections found:

Windows defender is detecting threats from disconnected usb drive 360593d1645611306t-threats-detected-windows-defender-scan-results_1.jpg

Windows defender is detecting threats from disconnected usb drive 360594d1645611320t-threats-detected-windows-defender-scan-results_2.jpg

Windows defender is detecting threats from disconnected usb drive 360595d1645611330t-threats-detected-windows-defender-scan-results_3.jpg

Finally, I attach the reports:

4. Compumind Win User

Windows defender is detecting threats from disconnected usb drive

Threats detected by Windows Defender

Where are the remediation options to this list?
    Glad that I still read some French.

*Confused

Compumind, May 13, 2023
Thema:

Windows defender is detecting threats from disconnected usb drive

1. Windows defender is detecting threats from disconnected usb drive - Similar Threads - defender detecting threats

2. Windows defender is detecting threats from disconnected usb drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender is detecting threats from disconnected usb drive: Windows Defender is showing that there are threats on my USB Drive. After it showed a threat, I immediately pulled out the drive and physically disconnected my computer from the internet. However, it continues to show there are threats on the USB Drive even after it's been...
  3. Windows defender is detecting threats from disconnected usb drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender is detecting threats from disconnected usb drive: Windows Defender is showing that there are threats on my USB Drive. After it showed a threat, I immediately pulled out the drive and physically disconnected my computer from the internet. However, it continues to show there are threats on the USB Drive even after it's been...
  4. Windows defender is detecting threats from disconnected usb drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender is detecting threats from disconnected usb drive: Hello. Windows defender is detecting threats on my laptop and shows the location of the virus is a usd drive that is not connected to the laptop. How do I resolve this please?...
  5. window defender showing threat alert to every usb drives

window defender showing threat alert to every usb drives: hi, my window defender shows virus alert or says virus found on every usb drives i insert and automatically deletes all the files. is there any solution for this problem...
  6. Current Threat detected by Windows Defender

Current Threat detected by Windows Defender: After running security scan in windows 10, I get current threat - PUA:Win32/InstallCore.M!sms. It is classified as LOW threat. I have run the REMOVE action but remains forever. PLEASE, CAN SOMEONE DIRECT ME AS TO HOW TO GET RID OF THIS COMPLETELY ?...
  7. Windows Defender detecting uTorrent as a threat

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender detecting uTorrent as a threat: It would do it a few times a day so I decided to just get rid of uTorrent but it’s still happening submitted by /u/aeraux [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hdjk6f/windows_defender_detecting_utorrent_as_a_threat/
  8. Threat Detection in Windows Defender Removed or Restored ?

Threat Detection in Windows Defender Removed or Restored ?: My windows virus and threat protection software picked up on this: SoftwareBundler:Win32/Prepscram and said it was "Removed and Restored." I assume that means the threat was quarantined, then removed, then the file it affected was restored. When ı click only option to make...
  9. Windows Defender detected threat but unable to remove

Windows Defender detected threat but unable to remove: Hi community, My windows defender just found a threat in my com: Threat detected: Program:Win32/Wacapew.B!ml Alert Level: Medium Category: Potentially Unwanted Software Details: This program has potentially unwanted behavior Affected items: file:...
  10. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection: Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection turns off and won't restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-defender-virus-and-threat-detection/a5ac7da0-b8d0-4fed-9ac4-0ecc992a2059"