Windows 10: Windows Defender is gone - Win 10

Discus and support Windows Defender is gone - Win 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Had some trouble with a virus recently and thought I had got rid of it using Malwarebytes as defender couldn't delete it. It quarantined files that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NILVENDAIN, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Windows Defender is gone - Win 10

Had some trouble with a virus recently and thought I had got rid of it using Malwarebytes as defender couldn't delete it. It quarantined files that seemed to attempt to disable windows defender. Since they were quarantined I thought nothing of it and assumed everything was fine. The three files in question were as follows.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Security center|AntivirusDisablenotify

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Security center|FirewallDisablenotify

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Security center|UpdateDisablenotify

I've since deleted them completely but nothings changed. When I open Windows security, the box only says 'security at a glance' with the explanation below it, none of the tabs or settings for other stuff are there. When i go into the security providers by clicking the only settings button on the bottom of the mostly blank page, I cant click anything, antivirus, firewall and web protection are all just text floating at the top.
    Something seems to have rendered it completely useless. How do I fix this and is there a way to reinstall it? Should i stay offline while i try to fix it to prevent data theft?

:)

NILVENDAIN, Jan 21, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 21, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows Defender is gone - Win 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender is gone - Win 10

1. Windows Defender is gone - Win 10 - Similar Threads - Defender gone

2. defender is gone and error message on starting up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    defender is gone and error message on starting up: i disabled the windows defender to install a gme by defender disabeling tool. after that i found a lot of viruses so deleted the game files an defender was gone. there was no security center in my services and no wscsvc in registery files. i install registery manually and...
  3. My Windows defender is gone along with my nvidia control panel and windows update is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows defender is gone along with my nvidia control panel and windows update is...: Actually last week i noticed that my windows defender was completely gone and also my nvidia services. I have tried every solutions that i could find from google except for reinstalling windows 10, haven't tried that yet. As for my nvidia control panel, it is showing me that...
  4. My Windows defender is gone along with my nvidia control panel and windows update is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows defender is gone along with my nvidia control panel and windows update is...: Actually last week i noticed that my windows defender was completely gone and also my nvidia services. I have tried every solutions that i could find from google except for reinstalling windows 10, haven't tried that yet. As for my nvidia control panel, it is showing me that...
  5. My Windows defender is gone along with my nvidia control panel and windows update is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows Defender GONE - Wifi, sound icon, calendar, language options not working on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender GONE - Wifi, sound icon, calendar, language options not working on the...: Where do I start.Happy updrage from Windows 10 to 11 only it turns out it's been a game of who's the best wizard between me and Windows.Windows defender is gone even after a second install. And no I'm not wiping out my drive to do a fresh install.The right icons on the task...
  7. Windows Defender GONE - Wifi, sound icon, calendar, language options not working on the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender GONE - Wifi, sound icon, calendar, language options not working on the...: Where do I start.Happy updrage from Windows 10 to 11 only it turns out it's been a game of who's the best wizard between me and Windows.Windows defender is gone even after a second install. And no I'm not wiping out my drive to do a fresh install.The right icons on the task...
  8. Microsoft Defender gone

Microsoft Defender gone: When I updated my computer a notice popped up and said that my virus definitions were out of date. I went and tried to update my definitions and it said that the Engine is unavailable. So I went and did a search on the web and tried different things to do and non of them have...
  9. Microsoft Defender is gone

Microsoft Defender is gone: In my Microsoft defender there is no antivirus provider . In start it was there but not anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-defender-is-gone/9e6a6714-191f-4688-b250-f5138b532728
  10. Windows Defender found a virus, but the affected file is gone

Windows Defender found a virus, but the affected file is gone: I recently ran a full scan and my antivirus found a virus called Obfuscator.XZ, and I wanted to put it in quarantine. The problem is that I could not, because I panicked and removed several files, one of them being the origin file of the malware., so I cannot remove it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender gone