Windows 10: Windows Defender is gone

Discus and support Windows Defender is gone in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; As of 8/8/19, my computer is without Windows Defender. I don't know how exactly I was attacked by malware but I was. I ran Malwarebytes to remove the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Shmizy, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Shmizy Win User

Windows Defender is gone

As of 8/8/19, my computer is without Windows Defender. I don't know how exactly I was attacked by malware but I was. I ran Malwarebytes to remove the Trojans and Malware but now my system has no Windows Defender at all. I don't know how to install it. It is missing from services and I think the virus wiped out all protections.

I also can not use Windows Update as that is in error as well. I have tried everything I could find online to resolve this issue.

Windows Defender is gone 4726dd69-e45b-440b-af09-e7f2197e653d?upload=true.png

Windows Defender is gone 2003dd19-1719-4557-882a-93a55349ee25?upload=true.png

:)

Shmizy, Aug 11, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Windows Defender Scans

Check again in tab Applications. Then scroll down to category Utilities. There you should see Windows Defender listed.

Jsssssssss, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Windows Defender is gone

All files on Downloads folder gone after updating windows defender

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to recover the deleted files in Windows Defender and check if it helps.

• In the search box type as ‘Windows Defender’ and click on it.
    • Under the tab ‘History’ select the option ‘Quarantined items’.
    • Click on ‘View Details’ and check if any files are available.
    • If the files are present then click on the file and click on ‘Restore’.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender is gone

1. Windows Defender is gone - Similar Threads - Defender gone

2. My Windows defender is gone along with my nvidia control panel and windows update is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows defender is gone along with my nvidia control panel and windows update is...: Actually last week i noticed that my windows defender was completely gone and also my nvidia services. I have tried every solutions that i could find from google except for reinstalling windows 10, haven't tried that yet. As for my nvidia control panel, it is showing me that...
  3. My Windows defender is gone along with my nvidia control panel and windows update is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows defender is gone along with my nvidia control panel and windows update is...: Actually last week i noticed that my windows defender was completely gone and also my nvidia services. I have tried every solutions that i could find from google except for reinstalling windows 10, haven't tried that yet. As for my nvidia control panel, it is showing me that...
  4. My Windows defender is gone along with my nvidia control panel and windows update is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Defender GONE - Wifi, sound icon, calendar, language options not working on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender GONE - Wifi, sound icon, calendar, language options not working on the...: Where do I start.Happy updrage from Windows 10 to 11 only it turns out it's been a game of who's the best wizard between me and Windows.Windows defender is gone even after a second install. And no I'm not wiping out my drive to do a fresh install.The right icons on the task...
  6. Windows Defender GONE - Wifi, sound icon, calendar, language options not working on the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender GONE - Wifi, sound icon, calendar, language options not working on the...: Where do I start.Happy updrage from Windows 10 to 11 only it turns out it's been a game of who's the best wizard between me and Windows.Windows defender is gone even after a second install. And no I'm not wiping out my drive to do a fresh install.The right icons on the task...
  7. Microsoft Defender gone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender gone: When I updated my computer a notice popped up and said that my virus definitions were out of date. I went and tried to update my definitions and it said that the Engine is unavailable. So I went and did a search on the web and tried different things to do and non of them have...
  8. Microsoft Defender is gone

Microsoft Defender is gone: In my Microsoft defender there is no antivirus provider . In start it was there but not anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-defender-is-gone/9e6a6714-191f-4688-b250-f5138b532728
  9. Windows Defender found a virus, but the affected file is gone

Windows Defender found a virus, but the affected file is gone: I recently ran a full scan and my antivirus found a virus called Obfuscator.XZ, and I wanted to put it in quarantine. The problem is that I could not, because I panicked and removed several files, one of them being the origin file of the malware., so I cannot remove it...
  10. Windows security, including windows defender and virus and threat protection gone missing...

Windows security, including windows defender and virus and threat protection gone missing...: Whenever I try to open windows security, it shows me nothing, and when I search for virus and threat protection, it also shows nothing so I'm a bit curious what actually happened to my windows. Please help if someone is able and knows the problem we'll.Regards.What I have...