Windows 10: Windows Defender is gone

Discus and support Windows Defender is gone in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; As of 8/8/19, my computer is without Windows Defender. I don't know how exactly I was attacked by malware but I was. I ran Malwarebytes to remove the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Shmizy, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Shmizy Win User

Windows Defender is gone

As of 8/8/19, my computer is without Windows Defender. I don't know how exactly I was attacked by malware but I was. I ran Malwarebytes to remove the Trojans and Malware but now my system has no Windows Defender at all. I don't know how to install it. It is missing from services and I think the virus wiped out all protections.

I also can not use Windows Update as that is in error as well. I have tried everything I could find online to resolve this issue.

Windows Defender is gone 4726dd69-e45b-440b-af09-e7f2197e653d?upload=true.png

Windows Defender is gone 2003dd19-1719-4557-882a-93a55349ee25?upload=true.png

:)

Shmizy, Aug 11, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Windows Defender Scans

Check again in tab Applications. Then scroll down to category Utilities. There you should see Windows Defender listed.

Jsssssssss, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Windows Defender is gone

All files on Downloads folder gone after updating windows defender

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to recover the deleted files in Windows Defender and check if it helps.

• In the search box type as ‘Windows Defender’ and click on it.
    • Under the tab ‘History’ select the option ‘Quarantined items’.
    • Click on ‘View Details’ and check if any files are available.
    • If the files are present then click on the file and click on ‘Restore’.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender is gone

1. Windows Defender is gone - Similar Threads - Defender gone

2. Port 3389 Process Cloning Malware Turned off Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Port 3389 Process Cloning Malware Turned off Defender: Whatever I have is using the Terminal Services RDP vulnerability. When NLA was activated the malware tried sending a MS fax with the Authentication credentials. It clones and replaces legitimate Windows processes and it was running as System 32. Copies your windows folder,...
  3. HELP! I can't control my Windows Defender to do scans and some of my settings are GONE!

in Windows 10 Customization
    HELP! I can't control my Windows Defender to do scans and some of my settings are GONE!: Hi, this is my first time doing this and I have a super serious problem. I can't control Windows Defender 'cuz I have some sort of organization controlling me. Same for Settings too[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  4. Windows Defender detected a Malware and announced it and then it was gone with no entry in...

Windows Defender detected a Malware and announced it and then it was gone with no entry in...: I run Windows 10 on a Lenovo X1 Carbon. All the updates are being done automatically and my PC is updated. Today Windows Defender detected a Malware and announced it and showed its name for a very short time. It was asking me for an action, but before I could select an...
  5. Why is my Win Defender gone?

Why is my Win Defender gone?: I've had a few updates this wk. Didn't notice until today that Win Defender was gone after I had this popup below freeze me up. I do not have Norton installed. Should I download another Defender; I thought it was a default program?[ATTACH]...
  6. Windows Defender is gone - Win 10

Windows Defender is gone - Win 10: Had some trouble with a virus recently and thought I had got rid of it using Malwarebytes as defender couldn't delete it. It quarantined files that seemed to attempt to disable windows defender. Since they were quarantined I thought nothing of it and assumed everything was...
  7. Windows update error 0x80070424 and Windows defender is gone.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update error 0x80070424 and Windows defender is gone.: So I tried checking for update and this error pops up 0x80070424 and windows defender is also gone. This already happened before and I resetted my windows then got it back, now its gone again. I don't know what to do anymore. Please help....
  8. Windows Defender has Gone Power Mad

Windows Defender has Gone Power Mad: It is getting to the point where I have had to exclude one of my main download directories, which kind of defeats the purpose of having anti-virus (don't worry I only did this temporarily until I found a better solution, granted not a lot better but a bit better as I will...
  9. Windows defender updates have gone crazy

Windows defender updates have gone crazy: I try to update windows defender and it keeps downloading the same update and installing it and never actually completes. I downloads straight from 0 to 100 and then installs in the same manner. But never actually ends up installing for the last time. The update it installs...
  10. If Defender erases some virus crap -- is it really gone?

If Defender erases some virus crap -- is it really gone?: I've only been a PC user since 14 or so months ago and I got my first virus activity. [img] It's weird that only a full scan picked it up. I say weird because why would Windows say I'm always protected if it didn't protect me from these viruses? Anyway I used WD...