Windows 10: Windows Defender is indicated as a virus by the latest version of Smadav

Discus and support Windows Defender is indicated as a virus by the latest version of Smadav in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I use Windows 8.1 on my laptop, with Windows automatically must have embedded a default antivirus called Windows Defender in my operating system.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Apadam Ganteng, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Windows Defender is indicated as a virus by the latest version of Smadav

I use Windows 8.1 on my laptop, with Windows automatically must have embedded a default antivirus called Windows Defender in my operating system. However, many viruses that escaped from the monitoring of Windows Defender then I tried to search on a free and lightweight antivirus search engine, then I found a virus that he said was strong and strong called smadav, I found it on the smadav2020.net website there I downloaded it freesmadav 2020 which is their latest version. After I installed and used this antivirus I tried to do a thorough scan on my PC so that the viruses that nested on my laptop can immediately be eradicated by the antivirus, initially it ran smoothly until the scanning process was running approximately 80% of this smadav antivirus detected that Windows Defender as a virus is then quarantined and then frozen. As for what I want to ask is why did this happen, is there a problem with my windows?

:)

Apadam Ganteng, Feb 11, 2020

2. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Feb 11, 2020
  3. windows defender will not open up in my windows 10 format

when I try to open my windows defender program in my windows 10 version, a blue screen with a window defender tab appears instead of the windows defender program -- this has occurred since I installed the latest version of Malwarebytes 4 -- my security
    center indicates all programs functioning correctly and Malwarebytes indicates no virus or threats! -- any suggestions to resolve this issue?

R lee gamble, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Kim Tiw Win User

Windows Defender is indicated as a virus by the latest version of Smadav

windows defender detected error0X8050800c

Hello,

This error indicates that there might be a problem with your security product. We suggest that you follow these steps to update the definitions on your Windows Defender:

• Update the definitions. Either click the Update definitions button on the Update tab in Windows Defender, or download the latest definitions from the Microsoft
      Malware Protection Center
    • Run a full scan.
    • Restart the device and try again.

If you need further assistance, don’t hesitate to reply on this post.

Kim Tiw, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender is indicated as a virus by the latest version of Smadav

1. Windows Defender is indicated as a virus by the latest version of Smadav - Similar Threads - Defender indicated virus

2. Known issues with Microsoft windows defender latest version ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Known issues with Microsoft windows defender latest version ?: What are the known issues with micosoft windows defender latest verion 1.401.3.0? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/known-issues-with-microsoft-windows-defender/9f346964-b8ce-4e22-a593-1043272a4c26
  3. Known issues with Microsoft windows defender latest version ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Known issues with Microsoft windows defender latest version ?: What are the known issues with micosoft windows defender latest verion 1.401.3.0? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/known-issues-with-microsoft-windows-defender/9f346964-b8ce-4e22-a593-1043272a4c26
  4. Known issues with Microsoft windows defender latest version ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Memory issues indicating virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory issues indicating virus?: I have a laptop that has the same memory as my old laptop. It has about half the MB running according to task manager overall, but this is taking up more of its memory. Does this indicate that there are programs running that aren't showing up?I did accidentally download a...
  6. Memory issues indicating virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory issues indicating virus?: I have a laptop that has the same memory as my old laptop. It has about half the MB running according to task manager overall, but this is taking up more of its memory. Does this indicate that there are programs running that aren't showing up?I did accidentally download a...
  7. Smadav 2020 Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Smadav 2020 Update: [ATTACH] Smadav2020 the latest version and updated antivirus software for your pc which provides you the utmost and the finest performance from security on your pc. If it assaults your pc with malware, then that should you need for the finest user of antivirus software that...
  8. When an update to version 1809 of Windows defender found a virus!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When an update to version 1809 of Windows defender found a virus!: The update process is still running now and Windows defender finds a virus Is this okay? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-an-update-to-version-1809-of-windows-defender/34fa2573-60ca-4501-87b2-c48564bcdb97
  9. unable to update latest version for windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unable to update latest version for windows defender: unable to update latest version for windows defender kindly provide solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unable-to-update-latest-version-for-windows/95367313-8fb7-4d10-9ea3-672e80f336e9
  10. Latest version

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest version: How can I tell if I have always got the latest version of Windows 10 on my pc please? If I have automatic updates switched on, is the latest version automatically updated along with other security updates. Many thanks. 89529