Windows 10: Windows defender is missing

Discus and support Windows defender is missing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; suddenly cant find windows defender in my system. Please help [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VishwaKirti, May 7, 2020.

1. Windows defender is missing

suddenly cant find windows defender in my system.

Please help

Windows defender is missing 4d2df674-5c11-434a-991b-2ff7dc07a9e5?upload=true.png

:)

VishwaKirti, May 7, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 7, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 7, 2020
  4. Windows defender is missing

Windows Defender is out

I was working on a computer infested with adware, spyware, and whateverthehellware a while ago. The beta version of Windows Defender found a few things that AVG, Adaware, and Spybot missed.

Polaris573, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows defender is missing

1. Windows defender is missing - Similar Threads - defender missing

2. McAffee vs Windows Defender. Will it catch what Windows defender missed?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    McAffee vs Windows Defender. Will it catch what Windows defender missed?: Windows defender is a huge resource hog. I believe McAffee is bigger. Is McAffee that much better. Is it worth the price in resources. I find the offers to upgrade harassing. They are not my favorite company. Some of you guys are big fans. Im curious. My opinion isnt set in...
  3. Windows Notepad.exe is missing; cannot open Settings. Windows Defender shows no signs. DISM...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Notepad.exe is missing; cannot open Settings. Windows Defender shows no signs. DISM...: DISM stops at 84.9 and says operation complete. I don't know what's going on... I need to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-notepadexe-is-missing-cannot-open-settings/ecda3fc8-c64e-458a-b347-3961af7c3327
  4. Windows defender missing files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows defender missing files: Hello i noticed that i had missing windows defender files i tried downloading https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/defenderupdates Windows 10 64 bit and i launched it did nothing can i get further support on this? or do i need to fully re-install windows...
  5. Windows Defender missing

Windows Defender missing: Hi! My windows defender seems to be missing. When I try to search for it, it doesn't show up but the windows defender firewall shows up. It is also gone from the talk bar. When I search Virus & threat protection, the options are grayed out and I'm unable to scan my laptop....
  6. Windows defender protection history is missing

Windows defender protection history is missing: Hi guys, i need your help, as i am having an issue here since around 2 weeks ago. when you go to the Windows Defender --> Virus & Threat Protection --> Ransomware Protection --> Block history is missing and showing blank page. Same is if you go to Windows Defender -->...
  7. "Virus and Threat Scan" Option missing from Windows Defender

"Virus and Threat Scan" Option missing from Windows Defender: A week ago, I downloaded the Microsoft Office apps so I could get access to Excel and Word for my school work. After logging in today, I noticed that Windows prompted me to change my PIN and upon entry found that there was no option for me perform a security scan in Windows...
  8. Windows Defender went missing from personal, brand new PC on 4/3/202

Windows Defender went missing from personal, brand new PC on 4/3/202: Hi, My 10 year old got a brand new gaming PC for her birthday just 3 weeks ago. All of the updates and everything have been working perfectly up until 4/3/2020. On 4/3/2020, the automatic updates did a bunch of Security Updates for Microsoft Office successfully, but the...
  9. laptop is missing "scan with windows defender" context menu entry

laptop is missing "scan with windows defender" context menu entry: So this is an old laptop. We're talking core2duo old. Its running the 20H2 build of windows 19041.153. (so are all my pc's at this point) for some reason it doesnt have the context menu entry for scan with windows defender. The other pc's do. All settings are 1:1 as far as...
  10. How do I quarantine files that Windows Defender misses?

How do I quarantine files that Windows Defender misses?: I have an intrusive file that isn't a virus, but is very intrusive, says I have viruses to force me to buy a "Premium" membership for it. Every time I delete it, it downloads itself back on to the computer. Could anyone help me on this?...