Windows 10: Windows defender is not able to remove the following virus : Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.C!ml

Discus and support Windows defender is not able to remove the following virus : Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.C!ml in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was usually scanning my system for malware and viruses and to my surprise, I found 2 of them. 2 were trojans one of which I mentioned above and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by henikkataria, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Windows defender is not able to remove the following virus : Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.C!ml

I was usually scanning my system for malware and viruses and to my surprise, I found 2 of them.

2 were trojans one of which I mentioned above and there was one more. I removed one of them but the trojan -Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.C!ml was not getting removed. I searched for all the possible ways but found nothing.

please help me

thankyou.

:)

henikkataria, Oct 21, 2020
  2. Mr Morgan Win User

Virus Trojan:32/Wacatac.DC!ml not completely remediated on Windows PC

Can anyone assist?

Earlier today a .zip file was downloaded onto my Windows 10 PC which contained a Trojan:32/Wacatac.DC!ml virus. I am not sure if the virus was run or not but it was detected by Windows Security.

As a precaution I have performed a System Restore in Windows but I still see the following message in Windows Security (allowing for some security details to be blacked out):

Windows defender is not able to remove the following virus : Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.C!ml [​IMG]

The only Action allowed for the above is Allow and all the affected items, as can be seen above, appear to be in the Downloads folder.

Neither Windows Defender or Malwarebytes indicate a problem in the Downloads folder, but can anyone suggest a tool that I can use to verify that the virus has been removed?

Also, is it possible for me to seek to clear the warning above, and does anyone know how that can be done?

Thanks

Mr Morgan, Oct 21, 2020
  3. JeffSmoot Win User
    Trojan- Win32/Dynamertic

I am trying to get rid of a Trojan called
    win32/Dynamertic and windows defender detects the Trojan but is not able to remove it. Half way through the removal the PC just hangs and I have to go into Task Manger and close defender down. Tried on line and off line to remove the
    virus but no luck. Today was my fourth try.

Is there a solution to getting rid of this Trojan???

JeffSmoot, Oct 21, 2020
  4. CJustin Win User

Windows defender is not able to remove the following virus : Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.C!ml

what is Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.G!ml

Wacatac (also known as Trojan:Win32/Wacatac)
    is a trojan-type infection that stealthily infiltrates computers and performs a number of malicious actions. Cyber criminals typically proliferate this malware using spam email campaigns
    and fake software 'cracks'.

Windows Defender would mention the potential threat to you but it is up to you to delete it altogether from the system. Currently, if the Virus is in the Quarantine and you can delete it from there.

CJustin, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows defender is not able to remove the following virus : Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.C!ml

1. Windows defender is not able to remove the following virus : Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.C!ml - Similar Threads - defender able remove

2. Trojan Script Wacatac B!ml

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan Script Wacatac B!ml: Hi,I am using Windows 11.I went to a hotel website , trying to make a reservation , after entering the dates, pressed check availability or check rates , A red screen came up , with a virus warning, Windows defender detected it. I quarantine it and said Detected : Trojan...
  3. Trojan Script Wacatac B!ml

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trojan Script Wacatac B!ml: Hi,I am using Windows 11.I went to a hotel website , trying to make a reservation , after entering the dates, pressed check availability or check rates , A red screen came up , with a virus warning, Windows defender detected it. I quarantine it and said Detected : Trojan...
  4. Trojan Script Wacatac H ml

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trojan Script Wacatac H ml: Hi, I am making a backup of my iPhone 13 Pro Max via iTunes on a Windows computer, Windows 10.When running Windows Defender anti-virus scan, it identifies Trojan Script Wacatac Hml as a virus in the iPhone backup folder in two files in folders 5f and b5. The file names...
  5. Trojan Script Wacatac H ml

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan Script Wacatac H ml: Hi, I am making a backup of my iPhone 13 Pro Max via iTunes on a Windows computer, Windows 10.When running Windows Defender anti-virus scan, it identifies Trojan Script Wacatac Hml as a virus in the iPhone backup folder in two files in folders 5f and b5. The file names...
  6. Trojan Script Wacatac H ml

7. How to remove Trojan Win32 Phonzy.c!ml?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove Trojan Win32 Phonzy.c!ml?: I keep getting threats detection from windows defender concerning this, I’ve already done full scans and quarantined them all, but it keeps coming back. Especially when I try to download chrome, it’s says the chromesetup.exe keep getting infected by it, but nothing like that...
  8. How to remove Trojan Win32 Phonzy.c!ml?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Trojan Win32 Phonzy.c!ml?: I keep getting threats detection from windows defender concerning this, I’ve already done full scans and quarantined them all, but it keeps coming back. Especially when I try to download chrome, it’s says the chromesetup.exe keep getting infected by it, but nothing like that...
  9. How to remove Trojan Win32 Phonzy.c!ml?

10. Windows Defender Unable to Remove Trojan: Win32/Detplock virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Unable to Remove Trojan: Win32/Detplock virus: Dear Team, I am using Windows 10 with all the latest updates for Windows Defender. Windows Defender suddenly showing a message Threats Found. When I am opening the defender it is showing the virus name as Trojan: Win 32/Detplock virus. I am trying to remove it from the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Wacatac cant delete after deleting downloaded zip