Windows 10: Windows Defender is not being Displayed

Discus and support Windows Defender is not being Displayed in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, my windows defender seems not to be working again. The last time this happened, there was some malware on my computer as it constantly said the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mulenga-M, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Mulenga-M Win User

Windows Defender is not being Displayed

Hello, my windows defender seems not to be working again. The last time this happened, there was some malware on my computer as it constantly said the battery needed to be replaced despite the computer being new. To fix this, I reinstalled windows and defender seemed to be working again. Today the problem has returned again and one of the signs also present previously was that I could not put the computer on sleep by pressing the power button, instead the screen would go off and it would remain on stand-by. Here is the screenshot of what happens when I try to open windows defender. Also, I have run a scan with McAfee and it is not detecting any viruses Windows Defender is not being Displayed 83e9adc3-a01a-4685-960f-0785aab2e9ca?upload=true.png

[Original Title: Windows Defender]

:)

Mulenga-M, Jul 7, 2020

2. Defender updates no longer shown

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Type defender in the search box.
    • Click on update.
    • Check for the date on which defender is being updated.
    • If the recent date is mentioned then it will not show in the Automatic Updates.
    • Also click on update definition and check if any update is pending.
    Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Windows defender's process running despite it being disabled.

Windows Defender is integrated within Windows 10. So you have it and it is running (as it should be) unless you installed a 3rd party "real-time" anti-malware solution. If you are using an alternative security solution, it should have registered itself with Windows Action Center which would then disable the real-time component of Windows Defender - unless you specifically told the 3rd party solution not to register itself.

For example, if you purchased Malwarebytes "Premium", it has a real-time scanner (the free version does not). When you install Malwarebytes Premium, it registers itself in Windows Action Center. But because Malwarebytes and Windows Defender play very well together without hogging resources or causing conflicts, it is often recommended to allow each to run at the same time. So to allow that, the user has to manually go into the Malwarebytes control panel Settings menu and select the option to "Never register Malwarebytes in the Windows Action Center".

I suspect other 3rd party solutions provide similar options so you might check that out if you did indeed, install a 3rd party security solution.

Both Windows Update and Windows Defender are supposed to step way back in to the background so they do not interfere with system performance when you are actively using your computer. But this is not always possible, especially if you regularly shut down your computer when you step away from it (instead of just letting it go to sleep), as too much time may have passed and your system is too far behind in Windows and security updates.

Without you noting which program was actually consuming the lion's share of that 80%, there's no way to tell what, at this point, was causing the problem. However, I would not put it past a browser. Chrome, for example, is very good (or bad, I should say) at eating up a lot of RAM and failing to let it go when exited.

Bill_Bright, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Windows Defender is not being Displayed

Defender updates no longer shown

Sorry but I just want to see Defender updates listed in my update history. Updates for office 2010 etc are shown so why not Windows Defender?

ThomasLangford, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender is not being Displayed

1. Windows Defender is not being Displayed - Similar Threads - Defender being Displayed

2. “IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe” keeps being blocked by Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    “IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe” keeps being blocked by Windows Defender: See details in attachment... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iastordatamgrsvcexe-keeps-being-blocked-by-windows/84ae3f80-e8ed-4300-b441-877e768fb0d4
  3. Windows Defender is not being Displayed Correctly

Windows Defender is not being Displayed Correctly: hi guys, i got a virus that deleted my windows defender [Original Title: Windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-is-not-being-displayed-correctly/c06f1e3b-81d0-492d-a5cb-c9c24aff8994
  4. Windows Security is not being displayed

Windows Security is not being displayed: How to fix this issue in Windows Security?[Original Title: Windows Security] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-security-is-not-being-displayed/4a67c31a-70a2-416c-a43d-8537b65585e2
  5. Windows Defender is being Managed by Administrator

Windows Defender is being Managed by Administrator: hi my name is Santosh Paudel. I am currently using the windows 10 home version. recently I am unable to see the virus and threat protection option on windows security plus when I try to scan hard disk using defender. a box pops up which reads " Your IT administrator has...
  6. Not being able to turn on Windows Defender SmartScreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not being able to turn on Windows Defender SmartScreen: [ATTACH] I am not able to turn on this setting even though I am the administrator. Please tell me a way to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-being-able-to-turn-on-windows-defender/5008c89d-8f63-4d6c-935d-b7e919825d87
  7. Windows 10 Display being "dull"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Display being "dull": So a while back I updated windows 10 and my display became "dull", I've attempted to up my saturation but as of yesterday It's gone back to being a dull colour. I don't know whether I'm the only one experiencing this issue or not but It's quite annoying as it's affected the...
  8. Windows Defender Group Policies Not Being Honored

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Group Policies Not Being Honored: Hello, I have several group policies regarding Windows Defender Updates being set up on my system. I have updates scheduled to run on Sundays at 7am through group policy. This morning, Wednesday, I noticed that Defender had updated at 9am. Clearly Defender is not honoring...
  9. WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT BEING UPDATED

WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT BEING UPDATED: MY WINDOWS DEFENDER WHEN I AM TRYING TO UPDATE IS STRUCK AND IS NOT GETTING UPDATED. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-not-being-updated/d83e308e-816a-42f0-8e3d-507ed93a76bf
  10. stop being the notifications to turn on Windows defender

stop being the notifications to turn on Windows defender: How do we stop being the notifications to turn on Windows defender in the action center? 9516